Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

Before you order flat white holla at me .... I have some now but by the end of the month (mid-September) I should be done with all of my customs I'm doing. I can shoot it your way.
Awesome fam, would appreciate if you have some left over when you're done

Krylon high gloss finish for the wings logo to give it a shine, like the factory look.

*Also leaving the white behind the tongue is a cool OG touch.
Hey AirThompson, did you use any duller on the blue here or is this just straight royal? I'm also assuming the black is just flat black? Thanks. 

Unrelated but seeing your avy gave me flashbacks to the early 2000's, sitting as a high school kid on NT. Good times.

A lot around here has changed, my avy hasn't lol
I definitely remember your SN from back then too. It's not that often I can say that anymore

Any tips on how to avoid making any streak marks on the shoe when painting?

Last edited:
^^^ Good save. What did you use on the bottom? Salon Care 40?Also did you oversaturate the swab or cotton ball with rubbing alcohol?
I over saturated w/ a cotton ball & rubbing alcohol. I used the Angelus Sole Bright on the bottom.

Last edited:
Those look awesome airthompson airthompson ! Still trying to figure out what I want to do, I kind of want to do something with some earth tones.... I've been looking at SBs for for inspiration lol

Is the white on your pair the same white that came with the shoe? Not sure if that makes sense lol. I'm assuming you only acetoned the laser parts and taped off where it is white. Getting my second pair of Lasers soon and I'll be doing the frags again. I changed the pair I had now to royals because the white seemed off since I acetoned the whole shoe lol.

Is the white on your pair the same white that came with the shoe? Not sure if that makes sense lol. I'm assuming you only acetoned the laser parts and taped off where it is white. Getting my second pair of Lasers soon and I'll be doing the frags again. I changed the pair I had now to royals because the white seemed off since I acetoned the whole shoe lol.
If you acetoned the whole shoe, you probably smeared some of the off white color of the laser onto different parts.

Sorry for the late response.

[quote name="NikeOtaku" url="/t/610088/jordan-retro-1-high-laser-feb-8-2015-185-30th-anniversary/2820#post_23902957]Hey AirThompson, did you use any duller on the blue here or is this just straight royal? I'm also assuming the black is just flat black? Thanks. 
[/quote]

Always mix duller with my paints. Not a fan of the pre-made matte, because it doesn't allow you control of how dull you want the finish to be. I added about a 1:6 ratio of duller to paint. Angelus alone is too glossy.

]you're wings are so crispy. Do you just use a detail brush? If so, what brand/size

It was from a detail paint pack at Michaels. Not sure the brand, but I know it was the cheapest ones.

Amazing work @EMkicks
 and @AirThompson

I can see the care and detail that's gone into each pair, especially on the edges of the leather. Very precise and high quality work.

Appreciated. Always easier when you paint free handed.

Any tips on how to avoid making any streak marks on the shoe when painting?

Light coats, and let the shoe completely dry. Don't go over the same spots during a coat.

^^^ Good save. What did you use on the bottom? Salon Care 40?Also did you oversaturate the swab or cotton ball with rubbing alcohol?
I over saturated w/ a cotton ball & rubbing alcohol. I used the Angelus Sole Bright on the bottom.

Honestly found it easier to use no masking tape. Sounds crazy, but without masking tape you can see what you're doing. Free handed you can lightly apply, and go at it without leakage.

Those look awesome airthompson airthompson ! Still trying to figure out what I want to do, I kind of want to do something with some earth tones.... I've been looking at SBs for for inspiration lol

Thnx, and don't rush. I wore mines as is for months before I decided.

saw the images & thought you were doing a Hulk themed joint... that is weird it dried totally different color

Back
Top Bottom