Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

Yep I got the dye on my midsole too was pretty bad. I bleached it with a toothbrush, left the bleach on overnight then washed it off. Repeated that process twice and it cleaned all of the dye off
Thanks dude, I haven't really been scrubbing with the bleach but I'll get a toothbrush and try that method.

OG spilled the beans about 23Penny. I'm glad he got banned
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128523[/emoji][emoji]128540[/emoji][emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji]

Last edited:
may just rub some alcohol on the lasered parts to get rid of the dust tinge so that the shoe is white/silver/ice

to those who have done the fragment custom- how long does the actual painting and prep portion take (not accounting for drying time). Thanks

Jimmyjazz.com just restocked on sizes 8-13. Use code school15a and get them for $150. Picked up 2 size 10.5s for the hell of it

Repped! I couldn't pull the trigger as I still haven't started work on my 23penny pair yet haha

I feel like this is as good as a DS pair is gonna get from now on

Man I wish they would do the $109 price on their website like they did their stores. 

They would fly off shelves... Ironic how lowered prices and the demand for customs drove the value of this shoe back up (but still not quite retail lol).

Part of me think s the laser Is was JB's way of seeing if they could price the OG AJ 1s around the price of other retros (~$190)

Man I wish they would do the $109 price on their website like they did their stores. 

They would fly off shelves... Ironic how lowered prices and the demand for customs drove the value of this shoe back up (but still not quite retail lol).

Part of me think s the laser Is was JB's way of seeing if they could price the OG AJ 1s around the price of other retros (~$190)
Doubt it, all the lasers were more expensive than their regular models.

I think the point was the higher price point on the lasers. so JB preps us that this year we will get better quality 1s at an increase of $20 above what we expect -- essentially the $160 price point. But the more available 1 with a comparable quality of leather and new mold retails for $185 - $25 above the premium offerings and $45 above last year's high-end pricepoint of $140. If retailers keeping asking for lasers and are able to sell them without sacrificing much on the profit end then JB knows the market will pay more for ones .... And this next year or so we will see premium offerings for $190 but more importantly GR middling offerings (like this year's rare air) going for the $150-160 pricepoint. Even if the faithful buck and they lose some profit from the premium offerings they will more than make it up in the middling offerings which essentially will have jumped by 30-ish percent in under 2 years.

I think the point was the higher price point on the lasers. so JB preps us that this year we will get better quality 1s at an increase of $20 above what we expect -- essentially the $160 price point. But the more available 1 with a comparable quality of leather and new mold retails for $185 - $25 above the premium offerings and $45 above last year's high-end pricepoint of $140. If retailers keeping asking for lasers and are able to sell them without sacrificing much on the profit end then JB knows the market will pay more for ones .... And this next year or so we will see premium offerings for $190 but more importantly GR middling offerings (like this year's rare air) going for the $150-160 pricepoint. Even if the faithful buck and they lose some profit from the premium offerings they will more than make it up in the middling offerings which essentially will have jumped by 30-ish percent in under 2 years.

We we're already prepped for increased prices when Nike made the remastered announcement. I don't think it's that deep. Nike made 30th anny shoes on 3 JB models and added 25 bucks extra for their effort.

Well, if anyone has any links for a good/steal price let me know.  I've been scouring ebay and Kixify with no luck. Much appreciated gents. 

GOOD LORD your wings logo is priceless bro. Im working on frags too. I want to get another pair and do the Black Toes with the black tounge. You sir have been repped. Those lines, that logo. FIYYYAHHHH:smokin

My question is are you just that good with the detail brush or did you use anything else to get the logo that immaculate. I've seen a few people say to use a magnifying glass to enlarge the print to see it better. Let me know bro. I'd like to have my second pair to have this type of logo work. Also what method did you use for the tongue logo. On one shoe i painted over it black then went over with the blue. On the second shoe I went around the letters with the black instead of covering them first. Any suggestion will be helpful bro. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I used the angelus matte and it still was a little to glossy for my taste .... So went over with a coat of Krylon and liked the result better.

I used the angelus matte and it still was a little to glossy for my taste .... So went over with a coat of Krylon and liked the result better.
i tried krylon once,  it started stripping the paint. and this is only one coat. how are you applying it? spray or wiping it with a rag?

I see a lot of folks saying/choosing krylon finisher over the angelus matte. Whats the reason?? Im almost done with my laser frags (wings logo and nike tounge logo aren't perfect tho lol) and just gotta dye the soles and add finisher. Should I go with my angelus matte or go with krylon. I dont want them too glossy. Here's some pics..
View media item 1679835View media item 1679837View media item 1679838

i tried krylon once,  it started stripping the paint. and this is only one coat. how are you applying it? spray or wiping it with a rag?
What I did was use the angelus finisher for one coat then waited a few hours to spray the krylon on. Just spray it on, but make sure it's not too close or you'll make the shoe ashy.

Going off that photo, your wings look fine. I do not recommend skipping the angelus finisher because it protects the paint. Lots of people use krylon matte spray after the finisher with great results.

Here's my pair - top shoe has only the finisher with no matte spray, bottom shoe has the matte spray applied over the finisher.

View media item 1589181

What angelus finisher did you use??

My wife really nailed these wings logos. I love how she extended the tail of the "J" because the J on this particular pair looked more like an "I" to make them look like "Air Iordan" LOL.

View media item 1680753

I used the Matte finisher and it came out really glossy.

Your wife is a beast (in a good way) with the brush bro. Didnt want to imply or make it seem as a insult. Hell I'd pay for that type of steady hand detailed work. My logo is trash compared to that lol. Makes me wanna remove the paint and start over. I have the matte finisher also. I dont want them to be real glossy. Guess ill have to invest in that krylon.

Back
Top Bottom