• Maybe, Depends On How I Feel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pass

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I paid $250 that was the best price I could find I've done countless teaching haven't seen one for less than $280 for this size I  did check the UPC and it does match but there is an exception the one inside starts with 008845

The box starts  with 88... but I think that's how it reads 

@wHipLAshTw03  has earned the utmost respect from me. Dude has been upfront and never wavered from his beliefs. Even after been away from the thread for a period of time, and having his name slandered, the man came back and has attacked every question head on. A lot of guys would have stayed away and distanced themselves from the situation.

Last edited:

I paid $250 that was the best price I could find I've done countless teaching haven't seen one for less than $280 for this size I  did check the UPC and it does match but there is an exception the one inside starts with 008845

How much did you pay and where?

Your shoes are 100% LEGIT, no doubt in my mind based on the photos.

"R" and "D" on the Jordan on the wings logo are connected. Leather type looks right. Overall shape looks right. Tongue looks right. Now all you have to do is check the UPC code on the size tag inside the shoe and see if it matches the UPC number underneath bar code on the box label. If so, your kicks check out.

They left the thread after seeing all the shoes they were calling fake were legit...like they were from the start

They got bored and couldn't find anything else to nitpick on authentic shoes

Hope everyone either gets their shoes or refunds.

@wHipLAshTw03  has earned the utmost respect from me. Dude has been upfront and never wavered from his beliefs. Even after been away from the thread for a period of time, and having his name slandered, the man came back and has attacked every question head on. A lot of guys would have stayed away and distanced themselves from the situation.
I appreciate the kind words my friend. My respect for you is reciprocated.

Yeah, they weren't "used", maybe tried on but that can be said for a lot of pairs from any footstore. Dudes been caught up in the feels and crying about the deal he was given,
cheerleaders all over the place
Agreed 100%. Can't wait to hear spoon's response to my comment.

I have no problem purchasing a pair that has been tried on or sat on the shelf at footlocker if it was the last pair left in my size. 

Yes, that's how it reads. Trust that your shoes are good bro. You got yourself a solid deal at $250!

I saw your pics man, especially the pics of the outsoles as well. Saved them on my computer and inspected them grain by grain, pixel by pixel. Those Chis are not used. Maybe tried on, but definitely not used. There's one very minor hairline partial crease on the left toebox (probably from having been tried on) but no apparent visible toebox creasing on the right shoe. If they were "worn indoors" like you say, there would most likely be obvious major creasing on BOTH the toebox and ankle collar areas of both left and right shoes. But that's not the case with your pair my friend.

I put quotes around the word "used" for that reason man. It's debatable to what extent they were actually used in doors but they were at the very least tried on and maybe stepped around in a few feet back and forth while being tried on. I consider that somewhat "used."

Although, the Chis lacking the DS smell is probably affecting my bias. Regardless of what either one of us think, the shoes aren't DS. They are what most would call VNDS and should have been described as such because they were tried on and missing the extra lacebags.

Imho, you'd be crazy to return them considering how much you paid. But since you already filed a claim, it's too late. I'll have my buddy buy them from KDak after you ship them back.

Maybe you're right but I have yet to take them to Sole Supremacy to get final confirmation on their authenticity.

As for the claim, I kind of did it because of the drama going on that time, the smell and Kdak lying to me about shipping twice. I don't like my shoes smelling the way these currently do. However, to be fair, the smell would likely disappear after wearing them a few times. Anyways I think I can still cancel the claim if I choose to as the buyer. If I do cancel, I just can't re-open it if I wanted to. PayPal gave me until Nov. 9 to ship the Chis back.

I think I might just keep them if Sole Supremacy confirms them as 100% authentic. I do think they're 100% authentic but just want some peace of mind.

If I do decide to hold on to them, I'll be requesting that Kdak send me spare laces though if possible since they're missing the lace bags.

And as far as the "weed" smell you speak of, nobody can lay testimony to that but yourself so we won't know for sure. But once KDak gets them back from you, and my buddy buys them, I'll be able to know for sure if they smell like weed as you say.

I have no reason to lie about the smell but fair enough. Anyways, if I do send them back, I'll await your take on it.

Last edited:

Agreed 100%. Can't wait to hear spoon's response to my comment.

I have no problem purchasing a pair that has been tried on or sat on the shelf at footlocker if it was the last pair left in my size. 
Whoosh I might be on a roll here might secure a deal for  Shattered Backboards now and Old loves both in pretty Vnds both for around $400 and I can live with that considering I couldn't find a pair under $350 just for Backboards

I saw your pics man, especially the pics of the outsoles as well. Saved them on my computer and inspected them grain by grain, pixel by pixel. Those Chis are not used. Maybe tried on, but definitely not used. There's one very minor hairline partial crease on the left toebox (probably from having been tried on) but no apparent visible toebox creasing on the right shoe. If they were "worn indoors" like you say, there would most likely be obvious major creasing on BOTH the toebox and ankle collar areas of both left and right shoes. But that's not the case with your pair my friend.
I put quotes around the word "used" for that reason man. It's debatable to what extent they were actually used in doors but they were at the very least tried on and maybe stepped around in a few feet back and forth while being tried on. I consider that somewhat "used."

Although, the Chis lacking the DS smell is probably affecting my bias.
Imho, you'd be crazy to return them considering how much you paid. But since you already filed a claim, it's too late. I'll have my buddy buy them from KDak after you ship them back.
Maybe you're right but I have yet to take them to Sole Supremacy to get final confirmation on their authenticity.

As for the claim, I kind of did it because of the drama going on that time, the smell and Kdak lying to me about shipping twice. I don't like my shoes smelling the way these currently do. However, to be fair, the smell would likely disappear after wearing them a few times. Anyways I think I can still cancel the claim if I choose to as the buyer. I just can't re-open it if I do cancel it.

I just might if Sole Supremacy confirms them as 100% authentic.

If I do decide to hold on to them, I'll be requesting that Kdak send me spare laces though if possible since they're missing the lace bags.
And as far as the "weed" smell you speak of, nobody can lay testimony to that but yourself so we won't know for sure. But once KDak gets them back from you, and my buddy buys them, I'll be able to know for sure if they smell like weed as you say.
I have no reason to lie about the smell but fair enough. Anyways, if I do send them back, I'll await your take on it.
I appreciate your honesty. And btw...I applaud you for taking the time to take so many pictures of so many angles. I wouldn't have the patience to do all that. 

Now regarding the "DS smell." The pair I received no longer had the DS smell you speak of. Probably because of the way in which these shoes were stored over time considering the shoes came out well over a year ago. This is not to say, however, that the DS smell erodes over time because I have a pair of DS Bred 1.5's that came out close to a year ago and it still retains the smell. In any case, imho just because the DS smell is no longer emanating from the shoes it doesn't mean the shoes are fake. 

Regarding your pair's authenticity....based on the numerous pics you provided, I have no doubt in my mind your pair is authentic. And I'm saying this not just because I'm a supporter of KDak but because I'm calling it like I see it. If KDak or anyone else sent you fake pairs, and I determined that the shoes were fake based on the pics I saw, I would tell you there are fake. Straight up, no bones about it.

I won't touch on the weed smell any longer because there's no point for anyone to address it since you're the only one in possession of the shoes. But I have a feeling you may decide to keep the shoes since I'm confident Derek or anyone else at Sole Supremacy will confirm legitimacy. Listen to the guys at RIF, especially if Jeff and Ed were the ones who looked at your pics and told you the shoes are legit.

Yes, that's how it reads. Trust that your shoes are good bro. You got yourself a solid deal at $250!
 Whoosah might be on a roll here might be getting a deal for Shattered+Old love 1s for around $400 I can live with that considering I still can't find a pair of shattered under $350

They left the thread after seeing all the shoes they were calling fake were legit...like they were from the start

They got bored and couldn't find anything else to nitpick on authentic shoes

Hope everyone either gets their shoes or refunds.
When the dust settles, everyone who remained patient will get their shoes and everyone who wanted out will get their hard earned money back and WB will continue to keep it moving. Growing pains for WB, which is totally understandable but I'm confident they'll be better prepared the next time around.

Whoosah might be on a roll here might be getting a deal for Shattered+Old love 1s for around $400 I can live with that considering I still can't find a pair of shattered under $350
Gonna be real hard to find a pair of DS OG Backboards for $350. Maybe you can find a used pair but probably not a new pair. Nevertheless, $400 for OG Backboards and Old Love 1s is a steal. I have a pair of OL's and they're still crispy to this day after over a hundred wears.

Didn't realize I posted so many times on this thread tonight...must have been homesick lol

Good talking to all of the NT fam again! 

Last edited:
Keeping up with the thread because I ordered Breds from Kdak. I have been patient and tried to not bother them, but that might have to change since I have not even received shipping info. How did the rest of you get your tracking #s? Did you message them about it? All I got so far was the order confirmation, which was from Oct. 20th. 

I'm not worried as long as they get delivered and can be patient. An update would be nice though. 

Last edited:

Keeping up with the thread because I ordered Breds from Kdak. I have been patient and tried to not bother them, but that might have to change since I have not even received shipping info. How did the rest of you get your tracking #s? Did you message them about it? All I got so far was the order confirmation, which was from Oct. 20th. 

I'm not worried as long as they get delivered and can be patient. An update would be nice though. 
Not sure if this helps ease your concern but there are people I've spoken to who ordered pairs between 10/10 - 10/15 but have yet to receive their shoes or tracking info. IMO, as long as you haven't requested to cancel or haven't filed a claim, you will receive your shoes. Since you ordered on the 20th, there's a good chance your order is still "processing" and that orders that were made earlier than yours are probably ahead of you. If by the week of 11/20 you still haven't received tracking, that's when I recommend to contact them about possibly cancelling.

It took them well over 3 weeks to ship my OG SBB and Chicagos, and these are pairs they already had in their inventory just like the Breds.

You already responded...I meant the first post I made in response to your post lol
Ah, I see. I'm glad you're back. It was Troll SZN while you were gone.
laugh.gif
Glad to be back bro.

Yeah I heard the trolls were out in full force lol...but ever since people starting posting pics of legit pairs they bolted faster than Usain. 
roll.gif

Not sure if this helps ease your concern but there are people I've spoken to who ordered pairs between 10/10 - 10/15 but have yet to receive their shoes or tracking info. IMO, as long as you haven't requested to cancel or haven't filed a claim, you will receive your shoes. Since you ordered on the 20th, there's a good chance your order is still "processing" and that orders that were made earlier than yours are probably ahead of you. If by the week of 11/20 you still haven't received tracking, that's when I recommend to contact them about possibly cancelling.

It took them well over 3 weeks to ship my OG SBB and Chicagos, and these are pairs they already had in their inventory just like the Breds.
Thanks for the info, it did ease me knowing you and others have waited a similar time. I'll hold tight until more time passes.  Thanks again Whip. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom