Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

Thank you for your service
respect and salute still
My pleasure fellas

nthat.gif

appreciate the love

didnt really follow up on those SBB 1s resell prices, they drop badly price after less then 2 weeks ?

Ok Ok Y'all Let's Set It Clear ......

Let's Be Honest Fella's, Comparing These To 85's And 94's Is Comparing Apples, Oranges And Bananas.....

The Leather Paneling On The Earliest Models Is MUCH More Durable Than Anything Used On An AJ1 Model Since... There's No Disputing That.

I Will Say However, The Orange And White Portions Of The SBB's Have A Leather That Is Softer And More Supple Than That Of The Earliest Two Releases. The Older Models Tend To Be Very Rigged (Much Of This Due To Time And Aging) But Even After Several Years Of Leather Conditioning Treatments, Still Aren't As Buttery Soft To Touch As The SBB's Orange And White Sections.

The White Side Panels On SBBs Remind Me Of The Quality Leather On A Premium Nokona Ball Glove From The 90's (google it) :pimp:

Another Major Difference Is That The Same Quality Of Leather Was Used All Around On Earlier AJ1 Releases, Where As The Black Toe Section Of These Recent Releases Seems To Be A a More Rigid Lower Quality Leather Grade Than Other Panels Of The Shoe. :wink:

Hope This Somewhat Clears Up That Dispute

Y'all Dudes Was On One Last Night With The Drunkin Hostility And Self Props :lol:

@instagram Any Friend Of The Homie Kal Is Good Peeps In My Book :nthat: He's Another Original AJ1 Enthusiast From Here :smokin

Last edited:
Another Major Difference Is That The Same Quality Of Leather Was Used All Around On Earlier AJ1 Releases, Where As The Black Toe Section Of These Recent Releases Seems To Be A a More Rigid Lower Quality Leather Grade Than Other Panels Of The Shoe.
wink.gif

Hope This Somewhat Clears Up That Dispute

Y'all Dudes Was On One Last Night With The Drunkin Hostility And Self Props
laugh.gif

@instagram Any Friend Of The Homie Kal Is Good Peeps In My Book
nthat.gif
He's Another Original AJ1 Enthusiast From Here
smokin.gif
i personally think that using the black rigid lower quality leather for the toe is a good idea. when walking and moving your toe is usually what comes forward first and is the first to collide or make contact with anything. if that black leather was the same as the rest of the uppers we'd all be complaining about how bruised, tattered and torn up our toe box's were in a week. That leather is way too soft to not sustain some kind of damage after constant contact. Judging by the multiple pics of DS 1 collections i see in the Retro 1 thread i can assume that lot of people dont wear there 1s often but im sure anyone that has worn a pair of 1s to the ground know that 99% of the wear and tear that happens on them is the scuffs, marks, and scratches that happen on the toe and inevitable heel drag that brings you to the white midsole

Last edited:
i personally think that using the black rigid lower quality leather for the toe is a good idea. when walking and moving your toe is usually what comes forward first and is the first to collide or make contact with anything. if that black leather was the same as the rest of the uppers we'd all be complaining about how bruised, tattered and torn up our toe box's were in a week. That leather is way too soft to not sustain some kind of damage after constant contact. Judging by the multiple pics of DS 1 collections i see in the Retro 1 thread i can assume that lot of people dont wear there 1s often but im sure anyone that has worn a pair of 1s to the ground know that 99% of the wear and tear that happens on them is the scuffs, marks, and scratches that happen on the toe and inevitable heel drag that brings you to the white midsole

Completely Agree... As I Mentioned, The Leather Used On The Original 85 And The First Retro In 94 Was Much More Rigid And Durable Which Is Why It Could Be Used On The Entire Shoe... Actually, The Leather On The 1985 Swoosh's Is The Closest In Quality To That Of The Toe Box Panels From Recent Drops :wink:

PS- I Think You Mean The White Revealing On The Sole Not Midsole Too

FINALLY got myself a pair of the Shattered Backboards!  Believe it or not, I traded a DS pair of Slamdunk Superfly 3s plus $170 cash for a DS pair of the Backboards.  Kid just wanted the money he paid for the Backboards back and a free pair of shoes on top.  I gave him a list of a bunch of shoes and he picked the Superflys, which I haven't been able to sell even for way below retail.  :rofl:

:pimp:  

Are you seriously trying to tell me you gave a kid this

View media item 1616652

Then he gave you back this

View media item 1616653

You robbed him  :rofl:
Unless those superflys were copped on clearance the first robbery was the 185.00 price tag on 'em! LOL

Last edited:
Completely Agree... As I Mentioned, The Leather Used On The Original 85 And The First Retro In 94 Was Much More Rigid And Durable Which Is Why It Could Be Used On The Entire Shoe... Actually, The Leather On The 1985 Swoosh's Is The Closest In Quality To That Of The Toe Box Panels From Recent Drops
wink.gif

yeah sorry my mistake lol but yeah if these were going to hit the floor ever id be all about the softer stuff all over the shoe. but i want to wear mine and i want them to last as long as possible

probably should have grabbed the extra pairs when I had the opportunity but hopefully others were able to benefit. By and large it looks like most who wanted these were able to grab em at some point along the way.

Any new pairs listed in 9.5 in the last couple days are all going up at $500+, this release is ridiculous. People talking about price drops are looking at size 14. Size 8-9.5 appear to be drying up as well.

A good way to describe the leather on these

Black Panels - Soft, lower grade leather like the red portion on the Chicago 1s
Orange and white panels - Banned 1 quality leather.

Any new pairs listed in 9.5 in the last couple days are all going up at $500+, this release is ridiculous. People talking about price drops are looking at size 14. Size 8-9.5 appear to be drying up as well.
I've been looking at size 9 ever since release and i've seen nothing under $440. Had to bite the bullet at $420 via paypal invoice. Give it some time and I bet these will go up in value similar to what Bred/Royal 1s are now.

A good way to describe the leather on these

Black Panels - Soft, lower grade leather like the red portion on the Chicago 1s
Orange and white panels - Banned 1 quality leather.

The black panels feel horrible. The red on the chicagos is super soft

Unless both of my pair are fake (which they aren't ) the black on the toe isn't soft like the chicagos

Completely Agree... As I Mentioned, The Leather Used On The Original 85 And The First Retro In 94 Was Much More Rigid And Durable Which Is Why It Could Be Used On The Entire Shoe... Actually, The Leather On The 1985 Swoosh's Is The Closest In Quality To That Of The Toe Box Panels From Recent Drops
wink.gif

Off topic but do you really have to type with a capital letter for each word when you post?  Just saying.  Not hating but curious why that is...

I've been looking at size 9 ever since release and i've seen nothing under $440. Had to bite the bullet at $420 via paypal invoice. Give it some time and I bet these will go up in value similar to what Bred/Royal 1s are now.
Yep I'm looking for a double up in size 10 for 300-350 range and all I see is 400+ at the very min.  These are going up fellas believe it or not.  

Yep I'm looking for a double up in size 10 for 300-350 range and all I see is 400

Damn, I have to pay resell for both SBB and Chicago. Which one should I buy first given the possibility of price jumps within the next few months? I want to make sure I'm first buying the shoe that won't go up in resale price as much in the very near future.

Thanks.

Yep I'm looking for a double up in size 10 for 300-350 range and all I see is 400
I definitely think it'll drop to that range.  Down here in the DMV I scooped for 300-325 range.

Back
Top Bottom