Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

Yall need to stop letting the salt from missing the Chicagos affect yall thought process. The release date for these been confirmed as 6/27 for a while. A lot of retailers who didnt get Chicagos will be getting these (just read back a few pages). These are not a collab like the Frags or DSMs. Yes, there's a back story behind the colorway but so did the FFs and those were fairly easy last year.

Just RELAX

What? Lol. Look at how much this thread is picking up steam. Like I said before all these newbies came through: people will flock to these as a consolation to the Chicagos. Nike's fiasco just made the Chicago 1 release equivalent to what the 2011 Concords did to 11's.

I don't they gonna settle for these, some yeah but not most, although I can see these as being more limited  than chi's but less "genuine" hype going towards them

Although so far KicksUSA confirmed to get these and I believe Villa besides the rest of the big chains

Yall need to stop letting the salt from missing the Chicagos affect yall thought process. The release date for these been confirmed as 6/27 for a while. A lot of retailers who didnt get Chicagos will be getting these (just read back a few pages). These are not a collab like the Frags or DSMs. Yes, there's a back story behind the colorway but so did the FFs and those were fairly easy last year.

Just RELAX

FFs aren't nearly as nice as these, though.

I missed out on Chicagos this weekend, being the 18th person in line with only 16 pairs available at the only shop within 500 or so miles to have them. I'm hoping these are comparable to Chis in value, because I'll be bringing my girl for a mini camping trip to make sure I'm first in line, so we can both grab one and I can (hopefully) trade the extra pair for some Chis.

Just RELAX
I picked up on Saturday ... and the FFs had a great Nike narrative working for it, but that narrative had very little to do with the myth of Jordan in the way this narrative is presented. Also, the usage of a different material than the classic silhouette materials puts it in a different lane. I'm not worried about the hypebeasts cause the yeezy lows dropping the same day and the MTMs dropping the day before should preoccupy them. My concern is around those who are truly fans of 1s who didn't eat on Saturday who will gravitate to these as a 'consolation' prize coupled with the shift that I believe saturday's release showed: folks who usually cop 1-2 pairs will feel they need to get more in effort not to have to go to resellers, those who usually copped a handful will see in the resell pricepoint as an opportunity, and those who have always parlayed backdoor methods to eat will want to see how quickly and how high the resell market will go. 

Someone tell me a legit place to preorder these. Detroit kicks is not reliable anymore. They cancelled my friend's chicago 1s preorder (paid $230) and selling them again on the same site for $500.

And now Detroit kicks has upped their price to $649.
Looks like this pair really is very limited.

Someone tell me a legit place to preorder these. Detroit kicks is not reliable anymore. They cancelled my friend's chicago 1s preorder (paid $230) and selling them again on the same site for $500.

23penny when he starts his preorders for these.......

82 missed post since I was last in here....yeah this release ain't going to be like lasers, it be funny if it did turn out like that tho.

Just RELAX

TRUEEE. Exactly. I think there are resellers on NT who like to instigate hype to drive prices up.

Were you able to get the Chicago 1s Ms. mocha?

Oh yes of course. Thanks for asking. :wink: #TeamBelowRetail 8)

Idk why people base their numbers off of preorder pricing. I've seen shoes go for ridiculous amounts on preorders just to be widely available at retail on release day and I've seen shoes go for less for preorder then be canceled and refunded (Chicagos) to resell at higher prices. Preorder pricing are just resellers gambling to see what price you're willing to pay.

breds already did that

Disagree. The breds were popular, but most people who wanted a pair eventually got a pair. Also, they were available at more locations than the Chicagos and they weren't going for $500 the day of release. Chicagos have unleashed a different beast. Mark my words. You'll see when the Carolinas drop.

Disagree. The breds were popular, but most people who wanted a pair eventually got a pair. Also, they were available at more locations than the Chicagos and they weren't going for $500 the day of release. Chicagos have unleashed a different beast. Mark my words. You'll see when the Carolinas drop.
If most people eventually got a pair then the prices they're going for now is ridiculous. And you could be right about the allocation but production wise i've been told they're more of these than breds & royals. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this subject and the notion of 500 being the definitive price on RD

If most people eventually got a pair then the prices they're going for now is ridiculous. And you could be right about the allocation but production wise i've been told they're more of these than breds & royals. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this subject and the notion of 500 being the definitive price on RD

Fine by me. Is anything other than msrp really definitive in the era of the hype beast as it relates to pricing? You said it not me. I saw multiple pairs of Chicagos being SOLD on RD for $500. Maybe not everywhere, but I didn't see one $500 pair of breds on RD. Even now I've seen DEADSTOCK pairs go for $400. I know where you're trying to go with this and maybe it's just because you prefer the bred color way like myself. However, if history has told us anything about Jordan 1's and the beasts it has told us prices will level out, but only after they increase. Chicagos may not look the best, but they will likely settle as being worth more than breds and not quite as much as Royals.

And please let's not use production numbers as a point in these discussions. I'm pretty sure the Concord 11's had decent numbers on them and look what they started. As we've seen over the last few years production numbers matter, but not for everything. There are a few shoes even with high numbers that still go for a pretty penny in the resell market.

Fine by me. Is anything other than msrp really definitive in the era of the hype beast as it relates to pricing? You said it not me. I saw multiple pairs of Chicagos being SOLD on RD for $500. Maybe not everywhere, but I didn't see one $500 pair of breds on RD. Even now I've seen DEADSTOCK pairs go for $400. I know where you're trying to go with this and maybe it's just because you prefer the bred color way like myself. However, if history has told us anything about Jordan 1's and the beasts it has told us prices will level out, but only after they increase. Chicagos may not look the best, but they will likely settle as being worth more than breds and not quite as much as Royals.

And please let's not use production numbers as a point in these discussions. I'm pretty sure the Concord 11's had decent numbers on them and look what they started. As we've seen over the last few years production numbers matter, but not for everything. There are a few shoes even with high numbers that still go for a pretty penny in the resell market.
If in your opinion they settle being worth more than breds you might as well throw royals under them too 
laugh.gif
. Once you brought up allocation i brought up production, i thought it had merit in the conversation at that point

really don't know reason why Royals are fetching that high... i'm not a Jordan 1 historian so...

if anything, I feel like Chicagos will fetch more than any 1s over time besides the Fragments just because the Chicagos are remastered and Bred & Royals are not.

Once Breds & Royals get remastered, my theory will probably change.

really don't know reason why Royals are fetching that high... i'm not a Jordan 1 historian so...

The fact that it had been 12 years plays a role, but by far it's due to most of the pairs being allocated overseas.

I didn't follow that moment closely either honestly since I'd been into Jordan I's so long that I assumed I'd be able to get them a few months later for under $200 and call it a day; but those clearly either were released at a time where they ended up riding a wave or they incited one.

if anything, I feel like Chicagos will fetch more than any 1s over time besides the Fragments just because the Chicagos are remastered and Bred & Royals are not.

Once Breds & Royals get remastered, my theory will probably change.
Here's always been my take on royals....it was one of the earliest colorways on the 1s (I think it was fourth/fifth) and I've always placed it in the space that it was the first colorway that wasn't about the Bulls (BReds/CHI colorways) or Jordan even (UNC) and opened the possibility of the silhouette being more than just the sum of its parts:  a young team that wasn't apart of the linage of the old guard NBA narrative (Bird v Magic; dynasty v dynasty; etc)  or about an upstart athlete whose narrative could be mapped on to the shoe company itself.

TRUEEE. Exactly. I think there are resellers on NT who like to instigate hype to drive prices up.
Oh yes of course. Thanks for asking.
wink.gif
#TeamBelowRetail
glasses.gif

Idk why people base their numbers off of preorder pricing. I've seen shoes go for ridiculous amounts on preorders just to be widely available at retail on release day and I've seen shoes go for less for preorder then be canceled and refunded (Chicagos) to resell at higher prices. Preorder pricing are just resellers gambling to see what price you're willing to pay.
Lucky:

NT member eminem? :lol:

Oh yes of course. Thanks for asking. :wink: #TeamBelowRetail 8)

Congrats!

I've seen shoes go for ridiculous amounts on preorders just to be widely available at retail on release day...

LeBron XII All-Star's and WTL's anyone? :rofl:

The breds were popular, but most people who wanted a pair eventually got a pair. Also, they were available at more locations than the Chicagos and they weren't going for $500 the day of release.

Correct. However, NDC made it much worse by cancelling the release.

agreed this is what they said to me in regards to the chicagos:
 unfortunately, we were unable to secure pairs. due to the cancellation for the online release, it may it nearly impossible to get your shoes at the agreed upon pre order ship out date. as a result your order was cancelled due us unknowing when we will get our pairs from online had very little to do with the price, as that price was for last minute buyers whom face the same problem. We are working to get pairs in daily and we can honor your pre order price once we have your size in stock when they are generally released
i got my pair from eastbay anyways..

Here's always been my take on royals....it was one of the earliest colorways on the 1s (I think it was fourth/fifth) and I've always placed it in the space that it was the first colorway that wasn't about the Bulls (BReds/CHI colorways) or Jordan even (UNC) and opened the possibility of the silhouette being more than just the sum of its parts:  a young team that wasn't apart of the linage of the old guard NBA narrative (Bird v Magic; dynasty v dynasty; etc)  or about an upstart athlete whose narrative could be mapped on to the shoe company itself.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Royal color ways started showing up when MJ went to play for the Wizards. I specifically remember the Royal 1's and the XVII's.

Congrats!
LeBron XII All-Star's and WTL's anyone? :rofl:
Correct. However, NDC made it much worse by cancelling the release.

Of course. These would've been much more attainable and less hyped if NDC dropped them.

Back
Top Bottom