Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

my local hoh started to get them in ...im hoping jj gets them so i can cook like i did with chis :smile:

Yeah that off white side panel doesn't look as good as a clean white would imo.. I will still try for a pair, don't get me wrong they are very nice.

They just don't have that squeezable soft ankle collar that frags have, that's how I judge 1 leather for the most part..

I know exactly what you're talking about but I don't think you can really judge totally off that ankle collar. As nice as the Chi's leather is, they also have that stiff ankle collar for the most part. Judging off that alone (since that's the first thing I check for too) at first I thought Chi's had sub par leather when I held them momentarily pre release but now see I was wrong. IMO the overall quality on Chi's is A1 as alot will agree. Though I was expecting that soft squeezeable feel on them at the a.collar like royals for example but it's just not there. Doesn't make them less than great either. I can tell the frags a.collar is soft by just looking at pictures. Never held em in hand. Gotta see SBBs in person. They mostly just look more tumbled than anything based off the pics. For me extra tumbled leather doesn't necessarily = soft/ high or good quality leather.

It's not looking good for me for these. So far only one local HoH is getting these. They're only getting 1 FSR. They had 2 FSR of Chicagos FWIW. I've already mentally prepared not to jump any hurdles for these or pay anybody's rent or car payments. I will obviously keep track of the thread, but I'm ok with still getting the Citrus XI lows and Paul Bunyan dunks as a wonderful consolation.

Good luck everyone.

...you guys think these will reach the hype level of the OG Chicago 1?

I really hope not. But I feel like it will be just as bad.

We are still a good 2.5 weeks out from RD. The buzz will only get stronger and stronger each day. Really hope I can snag a pair(s) at retail. Only managed 1 pair of Chi's so far and that is a pair from overseas that my boy scooped for me. Couldn't land a pair in the US. Some BS right there. Haha

i will most likely end up with a pair at the end but i just dont understand how we are so mesmerized by these shoes that we will still look at them at one point and think they look nice, even tho they really look like halloween pumpkin shoes 
mean.gif

If Nike China release gets cancelled, which it most likely will, expect the same thing to happen as Chi

i will most likely end up with a pair at the end but i just dont understand how we are so mesmerized by these shoes that we will still look at them at one point and think they look nice, even tho they really look like halloween pumpkin shoes :smh:

I honestly like these way more than Chicagos. Unique colorblocking that we've never seen before. Awesome quality.

Back
Top Bottom