Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

Isn't the "banned" story basically Nike marketing bull**** ...there are no pics of him wearing them in a game, at least I've never seen one. Ewing shots and dunk contest don't count.

Last edited:
I said are or were when they first came out was just trying to understand why that's all...

Here are the basics

"The tale behind Michael Jordan and the veto prescribed by the NBA on a certain pair of Air Jordan basketball shoes is the stuff of sneaker and basketball folklore. To date, fans understood that Jordan was fined the amount of $5,000 at least once for donning footwear that didn’t comply with the NBA’s uniform regulations, which stated “A player must wear shoes that not only matched their uniforms, but matched the shoes worn by their teammates.” Of course, the Jumpman himself wearing any Nike-branded goods during gameplay was great advertisement for the Beaverton crew and as the story goes, MJ continued wearing these banned sneakers, while Nike picked up any fees incurred."

It essentially was 1 pair of 1s (the black/red) that were banned. Not all 1s.

I've seen him wear black/red air ships... only 1s I've ever seen him in are Chicagos and black toes.

Last edited:

Decided it was time mine touched the pavement.
Clean! 
nthat.gif
 except the Giants jersey of course! 
tongue.gif
 Go D-BACKS!

Nah, it's just funny when people ask other people if they should sell a pair of shoes for another pair of shoes. Buy what YOU like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom