Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

Royals look fine to me, shiiiiii I don't even have consistency with my left and right shoe. Pairs gone vary like banneds.

I own 12 other pairs of OG 1s and none of them are this inconsistent, in terms of quality. Maybe that is just this release though but my Royal 1s from Eastbay are fine.

Assuming these are real, I think whomever sold these to me on Stock X simply sold me a bad pair. That said, I'm done speaking about this, I'm SOL on getting another pair/return from Stock X so I'm going to have to figure out how to move these to get as much of my money back as possible. Appreciate the insight from those of you who were actually helpful instead of coming at me.

I own 12 other pairs of OG 1s and none of them are this inconsistent, in terms of quality. Maybe that is just this release though but my Royal 1s from Eastbay are fine.

Assuming these are real, I think whomever sold these to me on Stock X simply sold me a bad pair. That said, I'm done speaking about this, I'm SOL on getting another pair/return from Stock X so I'm going to have to figure out how to move these to get as much of my money back as possible. Appreciate the insight from those of you who were actually helpful instead of coming at me.
Remember too that Stockx does not really do much over the weekend, so see what they say on Monday. It's hard to base an opinion based on these two images, and that back-side, but the tumbled leather on the swoosh looked on point, and the stitching looked done well. Fakes generally are not stitched as nicely. But back when these come out and were dropping, people had shoes with different heights, so there are some that made it through Nike's QA that should have not. You could have ended up with a pair like that. Authentic, not B-grade, but just not looking as you expected. As some guys have stated though, anybody who has owned one, or multiple pairs, knows of common QA issues with 1s. If stockx does not want to work with you, can always try to resell them and try to make your money back. Royal stock will thin eventually and value will move up, as banned did.

A "b-grade" isn't determined by how the customer perceives quality. A b-grade is visibly stamped and gets the label based on nikes discretion. A shoe can be labeled bgrade just for a tag error or even something you can't see. You can hAve b grades that are better quality than a regular pair. At the end of the day of doesn't have a bgrade stamp it isn't a bgrade no matter how you judge quality.

A "b-grade" isn't determined by how the customer perceives quality. A b-grade is visibly stamped and gets the label based on nikes discretion. A shoe can be labeled bgrade just for a tag error or even something you can't see. You can hAve b grades that are better quality than a regular pair. At the end of the day of doesn't have a bgrade stamp it isn't a bgrade no matter how you judge quality.

Well that doesn't make too much sense. But, either way, I'm going to contact Nike and complain-even if I'm stuck with this pair, at least I can probably get a discount code out of it. Can't really do anything else at this point.

Last edited:
You can't expect consistency when you use real leather. I have a pair of "premium" stan smith with slight tumble that shows inconsistency, as well as the regular stan smith with more consistency but the leather quality was worse

Nike gives discount codes for shoes you bought elsewhere?
laugh.gif
Yeah, I have my Eastbay receipt (verified Nike retailer) so it shouldn't be a problem. A few years back I bought a pair of IR 11 lows from Champs and got a discount code when I talked to Nike and told them that my pair had flaws (black ink stain on outsole of both shoes). All they asked for was a copy of the receipt and pics-they were initially going to ask me to send the shoes in when I requested a refund but I told them I could live with the shoes so they just sent me a code (ironically, I used it to buy LB 11s later that year).  

12 pairs out of almost a million pairs is a small sample size. Be thankful the other 12 pairs are fine. Throwing accusations with little to no proof is kinda lame man. My 02 cents.

Last edited:
You can't expect consistency when you use real leather. I have a pair of "premium" stan smith with slight tumble that shows inconsistency, as well as the regular stan smith with more consistency but the leather quality was worse
My issues were with the bad craftsmanship (specifically stitching and cut of the leather) which is a QC issue on Nike's part and completely avoidable on their part. Maybe they rushed to make these shoes, who knows. 

Well that doesn't make too much sense. But, either way, I'm going to contact Nike and complain-even if I'm stuck with this pair, at least I can probably get a discount code out of it. Can't really do anything else at this point.

Been that way forever. Bgrades have more to do with errors as opposed overall quality.

nike determines what a bgrades is, not you. If it wasn't bought at an outlet and the size tag ain't stamped saying as such, it ain't a bgrade.
Also when the find a shoe deemed that at the factory they pull like 50-100 before and after it; so really a lot of bgrades aren't even bad. And the quality is different on your 2 pairs, you've been in this too damn long to not know how COMMON that is wit JB.
Come on, son :smh:

My issues were with the bad craftsmanship (specifically stitching and cut of the leather) which is a QC issue on Nike's part and completely avoidable on their part. Maybe they rushed to make these shoes, who knows. 
Man, you got all these little kids in the middle of the night, with their finger bleeding stitching your Jordans, and then you're worried about a small QC issue...

No seriously, I guess it's up to you what you do with it. I'm guessing most people would not notice if you walked around in them, or think you were wearing fakes. And if they did, who cares. Let them mind their own business.

Stock X sent me a fake pair of Royals.. Just wanted to warn anyone who might've bought a pair from them recently as their legit checks are apparently garbage on Royal 1s. Thankfully, this was my double up pair but I'm not looking forward to dealing with their customer service.

For reference, the Stock X shoe is on the left and my Eastbay shoe is on the right (you'll notice heel stitching is way off):

View media item 2473979

All 4 of the pairs I have look like the sneaker on the left. The places I picked up from was Foot Locker, Footaction, Lapstone & Hammer and a local boutique of mine in San Diego (Overload).

Man, you got all these little kids in the middle of the night, with their finger bleeding stitching your Jordans, and then you're worried about a small QC issue...

No seriously, I guess it's up to you what you do with it. I'm guessing most people would not notice if you walked around in them, or think you were wearing fakes. And if they did, who cares. Let them mind their own business.
The point is, I shouldn't have to worry about people thinking I'm wearing fakes in the first place... No wonder Nike had to fire 1,000+ employees, they can't even make consistent pairs of their (arguably) biggest release of the year. Oh well, I hope Jordans keep sitting and hype completely dies on GR Jordans-these are basically commoner's shoes now anyways, it's harder to get a pair of GR UBs than it is to get a pair of GR Jordans.

Last edited:

The point is, I shouldn't have to worry about people thinking I'm wearing fakes in the first place... No wonder Nike had to fire 1,000+ employees, they can't even make consistent pairs of their (arguably) biggest release of the year. Oh well, I hope Jordans keep sitting and hype completely dies on GR Jordans-these are basically commoner's shoes now anyways, it's harder to get a pair of GR UBs than it is to get a pair of GR Jordans.
ain't nobody gonna be able tell about the minute detail you pointed out by examining the shoes, man. Just wear em

Unofficial B grades. Just kidding, there not fake so just wear them and stop over thinking it.

Last edited:
How do you know they fired 1000+ employees over this? Any news articles?

commoner's shoes :rofl:

Nike/JB shrinking production and firing employees has nothing to do with the quality of their shoes. Those 1000+ employees fired aren't in those factories making shoes. And GR ultraboosts arent produced in any where near the same production levels than a GR ultraboost and it's not even close. So that's apples to oranges. But at the end of the just based on the things you post regularly you're on this JB is crappy shtick. Just move on from the brand until they start dropping Shoes in a way you're happy with. I got my 2 pairs of royals and the closest I've examined them is looking down when they're on foot. And I'm no "Nike and Jordan only"'people either. I've got tons of boost and they're riddled with quality issues as well. In fact the ADO ultraboost I was wearing yesterday would probably drive you crazy because where the toe cap is glued to the primeknit looks like it was done by a 9 year old, which it probably was. i expect quality issues in any and all shoes at this price level regardless of brand, unfortunately when you're dealing with mass production some are worse than others. But let's not pretend like this is new and hasn't always been the case with retros for years

I said it in the Jordan 1 thread, but I'll say it here too. Your Stock X pair looks better than your Eastbay pair, in my opinion. You trippin.

And GR ultraboosts arent produced in any where near the same production levels than a GR ultraboost and it's not even close. So that's apples to oranges. But at the end of the just based on the things you post regularly you're on this JB is crappy shtick.

What I'm failing to understand is how JB can release an amazing retro in the Space Jam 11s last year and then release these Royals with a TON of QC issues. For the record, I bought three pairs of Space Jams and there were no major QC issues on any of my three pairs. It's depressing how they won't give us consistency when they clearly can do so, if they really wanted.

And GR ultraboosts arent produced in any where near the same production levels than a GR ultraboost and it's not even close. So that's apples to oranges. But at the end of the just based on the things you post regularly you're on this JB is crappy shtick.

What I'm failing to understand is how JB can release an amazing retro in the Space Jam 11s last year and then release these Royals with a TON of QC issues. For the record, I bought three pairs of Space Jams and there were no major QC issues on any of my three pairs. It's depressing how they won't give us consistency when they clearly can do so, if they really wanted.

Jams had issues too.
For example, one of my pairs had to go back to Nike because they didn't align the sole properly.

But here's the thing, I can say the same thing about my royals. Both my pairs are fine, matching tumbled leather, correct matching heights and everything. And my space jams were fine too. But you and bigj505 bigj505 had different experiences with space jams the same way we're having different experiences with royals. Again, this is the nature of shoes produced at this price point. And you've gotta see that you've already got a bias against JB as a whole at this point so that may lead you to knit pick where most people wouldn't.

Jams had issues too.
For example, one of my pairs had to go back to Nike because they didn't align the sole properly.

But here's the thing, I can say the same thing about my royals. Both my pairs are fine, matching tumbled leather, correct matching heights and everything. And my space jams were fine too. But you and bigj505 bigj505 had different experiences with space jams the same way we're having different experiences with royals. Again, this is the nature of shoes produced at this price point. And you've gotta see that you've already got a bias against JB as a whole at this point so that may lead you to knit pick where most people wouldn't.

My point was that there have been seemingly more reported QC issues with Royal 1s. I was basically told ITT to stop complaining about my issues as "this release has known QC issues." I'm sure there are hyped releases like 350s , OVO 10s, PSNY 12s, etc. with some QC issues but it seems like this Royal release was much worse than normal. People apparently received shoes with different heights-at what point does JB stop getting a pass for this nonsense?

Last edited:
Jams had issues too.

My point was that there have been more reported QC issues with Royal 1s. I was basically told ITT to stop complaining about my issues as "this release has known QC issues." I'm sure there are hyped releases like 350s , OVO 10s, PSNY 12s, etc. with some QC issues but it seems like this Royal release was much worse than normal. People apparently received shoes with different heights-at what point does JB stop getting a pass for this nonsense?

Just stop buying my man. That's all you have to do.

Back
Top Bottom