Jordan Retro 13 Holiday Season (3M, Hologram, Grey Toes, Red Pods)

Which is the best pair releasing?

• 3M

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hologram

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Grey Toe

• Red Pod

• None of them

• All of them

• Total voters
A blast from the past, for me: November 1st, 1997 was the day the AJ 13s dropped, and I remember going down to Bon Marche mall here in Baton Rouge early that day to cop a pair (IIRC they were the mostly-white and black shoes). But, I also decided to get the AJ 13 shirt that was released with the shoe, and rummaging through my closet I found it. Not in bad shape considering it is 17 years old. Alas, the OG shoes wore out long ago:

Its a cyclical pattern, in the 80s shirts were basic and by the early 90s shirts were wild and loud. Late 90's to early 2000s went back to being basic. Now they're back to being wild.

They arrived yesterday from NDC. I gotta say, they are just ok for 200. Don't mind the RYs.
2qd03lx.jpg

^^I don't like flip flops and they are like flops for me.
I bought a pair to walk the Strip in like 2010 I think. Been rocking em without socks ever since. Wouldn't spend any real money on them. I think these were like 50 bucks at that Nike store in Ceasar's. Now they are 100+, nah man

Edit: Now that I think about it, It was 2012 because I was @May/Cotto

Last edited:
@G Money 87 No we aren't on the same page exactly, I'm saying neither of them were a GR(14 or 13).
I know it's easy to say that certain stores only get GR and etc etc but that's not true.
Some stores just don't get certain releases, period. Like I think it was FNL that didn't get the Ferrari(only one example, they don't get a lot here) but FTA did. FTA doesn't get a lot of releases that FNL or HOH do.
It seems that HOH tends to get Every drop while some are split between. Champs FNL FTA Hibbetts based on a # of factors, location, store sales etc.

The vampire guy pointed out that the site is wrong based off his own assumption or experience of the Cigar being harder or seeming more limited than the Ferrari.

People (myself included) tend to make general assumptions sometimes based solely off their own personal experience.

Back to the 14 vs 13, the 14 seemed way more available, so you assume more pairs were made when In actuality that isn't true,

***Let's use this for example so it makes sense.
If you have 100 pair of 14 but 1500 customers
And you have 100 pair of 13 but 5000 customers:
Now which is going to be easier to get?***

And for the record, that isn't my site, Ive no affiliation to it, I've spoke to the guy who is the owner and he and the guys that put it together are more than sneaker fans, they didn't make this info up, they've access to it.

When I last spoke to him it was still in Beta, but it was updated at that point accurately, again this is the best info I've on the number being released, everything else is just people talking with nothing to show other than "everyone knows" or "clearly you can tell it was GR based on how easy it was to get"

GR represents a number and has nothing to do with availablilty, the demand on a particular shoe affects the availability but it will never change the formula of GR= #?
nobody is debating that the 13s were more wanted by the masses. we are talking about were they a general release compared to the 14. and no they weren't. 14s were in every store around here. im talking every fta, ftl, fnl, champs, etc. 13s were not. nor did they have many pairs at most stores. the champs i got em from had 12 pairs after employees took theirs and it was the same as the ferrari 14s. 

general release means generally available everywhere and the 13s were not, the 14s were. 

carmines 6s, sb 3, 6 were all very general releases, some were hyped up more like carmines so they feel harder to get but they were available at every god damn store in high quantities, again these 13s were not. 

Last edited:
That was my experience here in Louisiana as well: While the 14s were available at all the usual malls/stores I frequent, these 3M 13s were not. Of four stores in my local mall that usually all get any general release shoe (FL, FA, Champs, FinishLine), only two of the four got the 13s, and at both stores the manager said they got them in far lower quantity than is typically the case for most retro Jordan releases.

nobody is debating that the 13s were more wanted by the masses. we are talking about were they a general release compared to the 14. and no they weren't. 14s were in every store around here. im talking every fta, ftl, fnl, champs, etc. 13s were not. nor did they have many pairs at most stores. the champs i got em from had 12 pairs after employees took theirs and it was the same as the ferrari 14s. 

general release means generally available everywhere and the 13s were not, the 14s were. 

carmines 6s, sb 3, 6 were all very general releases, some were hyped up more like carmines so they feel harder to get but they were available at every god damn store in high quantities, again these 13s were not. 

Last edited:
Normally go size 12 with everything, no matter who anyone says lol. But gah damn I should have went half a size down. I left the shoe tree in their but they still creased hard af

Back
Top Bottom