Jordan Retro 17 White/Red 2024 (FINALLY)

How do you rock ya 17s?

• Both Shrouds

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 1 Shroud

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Without the shrouds

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
Still no college blues huh…that’s pretty funny

IMG_6253.gif

I remember trying to put the shroud on 16s/17s was a pain.

Vaguely remember folks that cut off the cover on the 18's and 19's too...
17 was especially a pain to put on. Almost lost a fingernail trying to apply it; l think l ended up throwing the cover away after that.
I remember there was a lacing technique that used the holes on the side to make "XVII". My mind was blown when l saw that for some reason.

17 was especially a pain to put on. Almost lost a fingernail trying to apply it; l think l ended up throwing the cover away after that.
I remember there was a lacing technique that used the holes on the side to make "XVII". My mind was blown when l saw that for some reason.

IMG_8199.jpeg

(Not my photo)

Seen a few people do this back then. Regarding the covers, I always loved the inclusion/tech of them, however in most cases, just wore the 17s without. Appreciated having them and wearing them w/ the cover from time to time, cool design aspect IMO

Last edited:
You must’ve been rich back then! I really think people who had the 17’s were rich back in 02 because of that $200 price tag
haha nah man... i actually got the white / red on sale legit like a week or two after release.. saved up my own mula

and i had a family member who was in the game... so he kept me laced

Think I’ve said it in here but the XVII started my love and journey with sneakers. The CD-Rom was so interesting to me (I was around 11-12 at the time), just seeing the process behind the design, the inspiration, revisions, having MJ looking at samples etc. I know this is pretty common in the footwear design industry but it was cool to see it back then.

The shoe alone is perfect to me, it has a nice balance of tech and design, they look great on/off the court, which for a basketball shoe, is a welcomed factor.

The presentation (covers, cd-rom, briefcase), also the ‘JORDA17’ insignia was so cool to me back then, it felt like the shoe was important, or coveted/special to come in this “lux” packaging.

Jazz notes on the cover, golf course mapping on the outsole, the design process was pretty well thought out on these.

I’m undoubtably in as these are my favorite Jordan model, I just hope they won’t be too hard to get, and that we get a “proper” retro

The 17’s aren’t my favorite jordan, but they are nice looking shoe. When these came out, shoes that were a new tech(shox, Foamposite, and etc) were more appreciated and it felt like you got something special. Especially, on Nike Alpha project shoes. When you open the box lid, it would give you the description of the type of technology used on the shoe. I don’t know why Nike/Jordan stopped doing that.

Back
Top Bottom