Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pass

• On the Fence

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not one to complain about shape but damn, those don't even look like IIIs

Like others have said, the black tongue and sock liner are fire. The black bottom is nice too and should help them last longer. 3's aren't really sought after unless they're followed by DB or some other gimmick. Should be an easy cop. Can't wait.

edit: I think they should have kept going with the black on the lace holes instead of the infared. Would love to see them laced in black.
What are you talmabout? I remember during the CDP release NT'ers were doubling up on the 3/20, even the black friday black cement release was hectic and the 2011 WC3 release was sought after. Not to mention how there is still a want for 2003 WC3's 

These last couple pics got these lookin kinda nice. Not sure they're worth copying since I already have 88s and fire reds, these are kinda right in the middle of the 2

i only own white cements (not 88s) and these would be an easy red midsole transformation, i think they would look good that way but i probably will not pickup just to modify. seems silly

is it me or do they look like fakes from back in the day, colorwise atleast
Nope, I said the same exact thing when pics of these surfaced.  A lot of these recent retro+ colorways remind me of fakes I used to see dudes in the hood slangin' out of the trunk.

sad JB just sad when they take inspiration for a shoe from Fakes (prob not true but it seems like it sometimes)

These definitely looks like a colorway from the bootleg catalog back in the day. Just shows one of two things, JB is running out of ideas or bootleggers were more creative than JB. Both may be correct.

Back in the day people liked some of the fake colorways but couldn't get past the "fake/variant" label. JB is taking care of that at marked up prices, even though quality may be the same, :lol:.

That being said, I'm digging these, but like anything Jordan, won't hassle to get them.

Last edited:
What are you talmabout? I remember during the CDP release NT'ers were doubling up on the 3/20, even the black friday black cement release was hectic and the 2011 WC3 release was sought after. Not to mention how there is still a want for 2003 WC3's 
Black cements are the exception along with the others I mentioned. Every other 3 was cake. 3's just don't draw people out like some of the other releases. I guess what I am trying to say is these will be a walk in and cop whenever you wake up kind of release (if it's a gr like it should be).

Black cements are the exception along with the others I mentioned. Every other 3 was cake. 3's just don't draw people out like some of the other releases. I guess what I am trying to say is these will be a walk in and cop whenever you wake up kind of release (if it's a gr like it should be).

That's because most III's we've gotten lately have been retro+, which are easier to get than OG colorways, especially if GR

With all the money we throw at jb can they just figure out how to paint the shoe so the midsoles dont crack after two wears.

That's because most III's we've gotten lately have been retro+, which are easier to get than OG colorways, especially if GR
True Blue's and Fire Red's are OG, but they didn't sell out same day. I walked in and copped both on release day without hassle in an area where the hype kids reign supreme. And yes those retro+ never really sold either. There's just something about the 3's that don't command much attention. Maybe that will change in 2014, but it will probably involve another gimmick such as NA on the back.

Sentiments from the first few pages: "KATRINAS!!!! WOOOOOO!!! SLAP A BABY, KICK A MOM AND HOT DIGGITY DOG! 2014 GONE BE ONE FOR THE HISTORY BOOKS!!! COP-COP-COP-DE-COP-COP-COP INSTACOP ROBOCOP WILLBEHAD DOUBLE UP!!! WHEW F YEAH!!"

Sentiments after the JM person broke the news the Katrinas weren't coming: "Man, I wanted em. Maybe they'll be like a new fire red but infrared? Or a new Katrina?" (someone even posted pictures of a photoshopped idea if I'm not mistaken)

Sentiments after seeing the true colorway:  "Trash. Pass. Look like fakes from the bodega/swap meet. Cool but I won't cop. I'll wait for the sale. I wanted the Katrinas...these is garbage; jb always gotta do this." (then you had a few who liked the new cw)

Sentiments after seeing the wht/blk colorway on feet: "Clean. I may cop, I don't know." And then there's the no. 1 line we hear every single time, every single new retro+ release: "they growing on me"   

Can't wait till RD. hahaahahaah. 

P.S. I like the new colorway, and for personally, re-releasing a shoe that was for cause, with no cause attached to the shoe the 2nd time around is a little funny/slightly bogus to me. That didn't raise flags for you all when everyone thought these were gonna be the Katrinas?  

Last edited:

Sentiments from the first few pages: "KATRINAS!!!! WOOOOOO!!! SLAP A BABY, KICK A MOM AND HOT DIGGITY DOG! 2014 GONE BE ONE FOR THE HISTORY BOOKS!!! COP-COP-COP-DE-COP-COP-COP INSTACOP ROBOCOP WILLBEHAD DOUBLE UP!!! WHEW F YEAH!!"

Sentiments after the JM person broke the news the Katrinas weren't coming: "Man, I wanted em. Maybe they'll be like a new fire red but infrared? Or a new Katrina?" (someone even posted pictures of a photoshopped idea if I'm not mistaken)

Sentiments after seeing the true colorway:  "Trash. Pass. Look like fakes from the bodega/swap meet. Cool but I won't cop. I'll wait for the sale. I wanted the Katrinas...these is garbage; jb always gotta do this." (then you had a few who liked the new cw)

Sentiments after seeing the wht/blk colorway on feet: "Clean. I may cop, I don't know." And then there's the no. 1 line we hear every single time, every single new retro+ release: "they growing on me"   

Can't wait till RD. hahaahahaah. 

P.S. I like the new colorway, and for personally, re-releasing a shoe that was for cause, with no cause attached to the shoe the 2nd time around is a little funny/slightly bogus to me. That didn't raise flags for you all when everyone thought these were gonna be the Katrinas?  
Even after seeing on feet pix, my opinion hasn't changed. They still look boring as far as I am concerned. They aren't hideous but they aren't anything special either. Just another generic colorway IMO.

True Blue's and Fire Red's are OG, but they didn't sell out same day. I walked in and copped both on release day without hassle in an area where the hype kids reign supreme. And yes those retro+ never really sold either. There's just something about the 3's that don't command much attention. Maybe that will change in 2014, but it will probably involve another gimmick such as NA on the back.

When the last TB-III dropped the climate was nothing like it is now.
That TB-III launch was a pre-Concord release. One of the last true "easy copps."
Like the WC-III, black-metallic V, Bordeaux VII etc.
Not saying there aren't still "easy copps" b/c obviously we still get them from time to time.
But pre-Concord, everything was easy.
As far as this Retro+, the in-box photos make them look halfway decent.
By decent I mean much better than the bottom-feeding Stealth III & the turned up Crimson III.
I wear IIIs more than any other silo, but these aren't a must-have (for me) by any means.

they're ok but too close to the white cements imo. I already have 2 pairs of white cements & a pair of true blues. So i'll probably be passing on these, but they're really not bad. Definitely want to see how these look with black laces tho.

Now if the katrinas had been released, I would've easily copped 2 pairs.

The Katrinas are 10x closer to white cements than these new guys are. Not sure what you're talking about?

Back
Top Bottom