Jordan Retro 3Lab5 Black/Metallic Silver DEC 31ST

I like these more than the first pair.....  
smokin.gif

I like these more than the first pair.....  :smokin

I wasn't really feeling the first pair, I mean the concept was dope but I'm not sure I could have pulled them off. But, I'm glad we all have different taste and are able to express our individuality. Were the first one's really hard to cop? I see them listed for about $500.

Last edited:
I wasn't really feeling the first pair, I mean the concept was dope but I'm not sure I could have pulled them off. But, I'm glad we all have different taste and are able to express our individuality. Were the first one's really hard to cop? I see them listed for about $500.
They were limited, but my local shop (Deveroes) got them. So I didn't have a problem.

Last edited:
In this pic they look fine. Seen another and them ***** looked terrible. I dislike the first 3 Lab 5 (and this whole gimmick/concept) so much that I really can't see myself buying ANY OF THEM. I talked so much **** about them, that if I'm ever seen in a pair my friends/family WILL NEVER LET ME LIVE IT DOWN. And then there's the issue of the price tag.........

Am I the only one that feels like JB I beating around the bush with 200+ for all retros? We know it's coming. At this point it's inevitable. After tax (depending on your state tax) many of us are already paying it (i.e. XIs). As bad as this may sound, for some shoes, I accept it, But for mediocre colorways of Xs, IIs, XIVs or ANY AIR JORDAN 1 I DON'T GIVE DAMN HOW "ICONIC" the mere thought of such pocket-rape makes me cringe.

Am I the only one that feels like JB I beating around the bush with 200+ for all retros? We know it's coming. At this point it's inevitable. After tax (depending on your state tax) many of us are already paying it (i.e. XIs). As bad as this may sound, for some shoes, I accept it, But for mediocre colorways of Xs, IIs, XIVs or ANY AIR JORDAN 1 I DON'T GIVE DAMN HOW "ICONIC" the mere thought of such pocket-rape makes me cringe.

With all due respect, you don't have to get every release that drops. It's your money and you should be smart with it. What I do is cop the pairs I'm feeling and pass on the shoe's I'm not feeling regardless of their legendary status. $200 for any shoe is crazy, but I've Lebron's go for more than $200, I've also seen expensive KD's and Kobe's. Jordan is the greatest player of all time, his shoes shouldn't be priced below other players if you see it from that point of view.

Want these as part of my Xmas gifts to self, lmao but what I'm real real curious about is the other models, especially after seeing the various elements,

^
oh, of course that's what you meant, my bad!

but the 2011 are the wrong material & have no nike air & i couldn't bring myself to cop even though it's my favorite air jordan

^
oh, of course that's what you meant, my bad!

but the 2011 are the wrong material & have no nike air & i couldn't bring myself to cop even though it's my favorite air jordan

It is what I meant, looking back at my post it didn't come off that way but I was thinking it. As for the Metallic 5's dropping, I'm not sure, it's definitely not going to be this year. I really like those shoes, and I refuse to pay $400 - $500, I think that's what they're going for on Ebay and places like RifLA? So I'm hoping they're a surprise release in 2014, even though it's the year of the 6's.

^
ya, i just can't figure out what's gonna happen with & when on the next black-metallic 5 release
they skipped over the fire-red 3 in 2011 & we see what we got this year, sans the nike air, a solid release with good quality imo - but not the kind of release
i'm looking for in the black metallic 5

^
ya, i just can't figure out what's gonna happen with & when on the next black-metallic 5 release
they skipped over the fire-red 3 in 2011 & we see what we got this year, sans the nike air, a solid release with good quality imo - but not the kind of release
i'm looking for in the black metallic 5

Hopefully they do release soon, I'm not even sure if there are even any rumored releases yet. But, like you said, they need to release the retro's the proper way and not skimp out on anything quality wise. I hope they're a general release though, I would hate for them to be a limited release and the people who really want the shoe to fall into the hands of resellers. I doubt that Nike will come out with "Nike Air" on the back even though I could care less cause I like both "Nike Air" and the "Jordan Jumpman." Nike was just teasing us with retro 3 88' earlier in the year.

Yall ever see that Seinfeld episode with him & Elaine "Sex to save the friendship!"

Well imagine this, JB sittin around thinking, "Nike Air to save the brand!" (after all the distancing)

ha ha
i don't know

Yall ever see that Seinfeld episode with him & Elaine "Sex to save the friendship!"

Well imagine this, JB sittin around thinking, "Nike Air to save the brand!" (after all the distancing)

ha ha
i don't know

Well in this case, I see JB shoes still selling out and getting all hyped up without the "Nike Air" on the back. It's more of a classic preference kind of thing, just like people have a soft spot for OG shoes and OG colorways. In my opinion, if JB upped it's quality and quality control, I could care less which logo I'm rockin as long as the shoe holds up well for the price lol.

i need both
one w/o the other just seems like a waste of time these days

Maybe I prefer the Michael Jordan Jumpman because I'm from Chicago, a Chicago Bulls fan, and a Michael Jordan fan. But, I do understand the classic touch Nike Air brings to the shoes, but I would sacrifice it any day of the year for best quality possible lol.

In reference to some of the opinions about Nike Air or the Jumpman, my feeling is that Nike Air on the older Air Jordan models was areal design element of the shoe. Consider how weird the back of the 1,3,4,5,6 look without Nike Air. It was a true design element and if you look at the 3's for instance, there is a bunch of empty space the rear tab with a Jumpman. I still love these models mind you, but I do think it looks extremely stupid without the Nike Air as intended from a pure design aspect. |I

^
word

imagine, for some other hypothetical reason - AJs 3, 4 and 5 no longer carry a jumpman on the tongue...instead it says nothing or maybe "JB" in big letters....

...can't you guys see how that would take away from the shoe you know & love?

that's the way some of us feel about it with the nike air on the heel

Last edited:
^
word

imagine, for some other hypothetical reason - AJs 3, 4 and 5 no longer carry a jumpman on the tongue...instead it says nothing or maybe "JB" in big letters....

...can't you guys see how that would take away from the shoe you know & love?

that's the way some of us feel about it with the nike air on the heel

I'm all for the "Nike Air" on the back, because like dude said thats what those models were intended to be designed with. I'm just saying, if JB came to me and gave me an ultimatum between the best quality shoes possible or adding the classic "Nike Air," I'm sorry, but I'm going with the quality every day of the week. How's the quality on the 3's with the "Nike Air" black/white cement they recently released? I wasn't able to get those.

i just wish cats would get the nike air or quality (one or the other) mentality out of their heads
cause someone just made that up one day as food for thought, it ain't like that it has to be that way or will ever be for that matter
i don't even like promoting the idea cause people run with it and get themselves confused - i think the idea is silly is all

uh, the black-cement 3 that hasn't come out yet? or you mean the feb 88 white-cement 3 that did release? i got those & if this makes any sense,
i'd liken them to 04-05 JB quality with the overall shape actually closer to og than perhaps even the 94 (sans heel collar)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom