Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

Never done an EU purchase before. Carted on Hanon. Card declined. on phone for 25minutes. Sold out. So it looks like I will be on the hunt for these tomorrow after work.

I don't see how anyone wasn't able & still isn't able to cart these... I'm like 3hrs late & in Cali. I carted 2 men (9.5 for me & 11 for my lil bro on Hanon) & 2 gs (6 for my wife & 6.5 for my lil sis on End) checked out w no issues. And then I started to just play around w the other euro sites just to see if it was just luck but nah I've adding s*** to cart just to see if it works & walllah. Hopefully everyone is able to get a pair who actually wants them to wear. [emoji]9996[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]️

The last few retros haven't been sold out as fast as they used to... or sold out at all. What makes you guys think these will be any different? They are going for around 250-280 on ebay right now, which is the same as the aquas before they released. Usually limited/hyped releases presell for about 300-400. 
You basically answered your own question. Limited/hyped releases presell for 300-400 WHEN people think the shoes are going to sell out quick or be hard to obtain regardless of actual quantities released.Yes, "The last few retros haven't been sold out as fast as they used to... or sold out at all" so your logic is correct in that others are also probably thinking this will follow suit. They are going for 250-280 BECAUSE people are thinking this way.

And I really don't understand why some people are trying to say "the price isn't justified because all Jordan did was put NA on the heel of the least popular CW". How can we honestly sit here and try to put this CW in comparison with any of the other 6's in terms of popularity when this shoe has never been released since 1991 and 95% of "sneakerheads" have never even seen the shoe in real life. How can most of us possibly know this was the least popular CW in 1991? Most of us were in freaking diapers. I'm not talking about any of the OGs of the game (props to you for sticking in it for so long), I'm talking about these newcoming resellers that all of a sudden think they know what's good for the sneaker game, just because they flipped a couple of GRs. 

JB has to raise the prices to protect the brand. A couple of years ago, a regular GR was about 170 and now it's 190. A semi-limited release was 180-190 and now it's 210-220. The price changed, the quality changed (slightly) but there's one thing people don't often factor in; the production numbers changed because we begged for it. It's a common held marketing theory that if you increase your production numbers without a change to the price, you're essentially diluting the value of the product as well as the overall brand. A PRIME example is the AF1. No explanation really needed. Used to be super exclusive (more so than JB), people demanded more releases, Nike gave it to them, kept the price the same, and now every single AF1 GR and most QS since then sits on shelves. It's the same thing happening here with Jordans. It's the same reason why Bugatti doesn't go out and make 10 times the number of cars that it does. There are people that want it yet making more just dilutes the brand, same way it has with Jordans. Sadly, the people basing their buying decisions on the hype, make up the majority and are the ones Nike and JB look at when they decide what to release and pricing. It's all down hill from here.

Nah, I've said for yrs..... Once Nike decides to put retro Js on Nike ID, thats when desperation, downhill, and dark clouds are comin. But thats gotta be 10 to 20 yrs from now. Lol

Why is it a shame?
Quick strike used to be something completely different.
For example, I got a pair of livestrong busy p air forces that were qs.... They were available in about 4 stores nationwide.
Now they call a gr a qs for hype that's available in every city at several stores? That's not qs. Does hyper strike even exist anymore?

They are going for 250-280 BECAUSE people are thinking this way.
Resellers on ebay and such are not basing their prices on a hunch.  Resellers that are able to acquire a certain number of pairs have the closest idea to how many pairs are actually releasing. Its all just supply and demand in the end and not the "thinking" of the community. Hype can only do so much with huge quantities of a product released.  If they are able to easily backdoor a thousand pairs of something chances are that they are a major GR so they will sell slightly above retail in hopes they can score a profit before the actual release. This is because shoes like Aquas and threepeats will sell below retail the very next day. IMO these will sell out, but certainly not within the first few hours of release. Same thing applies to the upcoming 13s. You know they made a billion pairs of those and resellers have been selling them for MONTHS now for a decent price.  Many of the big sneakerheads are also projecting that this will be the first 13 to not sell out based on these numbers. JB is seriously coming down on the resell market but they are sacrificing the exclusivity of JB that sneakerheads both love and hate. 

Last edited:
****, rolled up to my local spot and I'm like 7th in line. They get one of each size, so chances are I'm ******. What's resale looking like on these?

JB has to raise the prices to protect the brand. A couple of years ago, a regular GR was about 170 and now it's 190. A semi-limited release was 180-190 and now it's 210-220. The price changed, the quality changed (slightly) but there's one thing people don't often factor in; the production numbers changed because we begged for it. It's a common held marketing theory that if you increase your production numbers without a change to the price, you're essentially diluting the value of the product as well as the overall brand. A PRIME example is the AF1. No explanation really needed. Used to be super exclusive (more so than JB), people demanded more releases, Nike gave it to them, kept the price the same, and now every single AF1 GR and most QS since then sits on shelves. It's the same thing happening here with Jordans. It's the same reason why Bugatti doesn't go out and make 10 times the number of cars that it does. There are people that want it yet making more just dilutes the brand, same way it has with Jordans. Sadly, the people basing their buying decisions on the hype, make up the majority and are the ones Nike and JB look at when they decide what to release and pricing. It's all down hill from here.
Quick strike used to be something completely different.
For example, I got a pair of livestrong busy p air forces that were qs.... They were available in about 4 stores nationwide.
Now they call a gr a qs for hype that's available in every city at several stores? That's not qs. Does hyper strike even exist anymore?
 I kinda agree with both of you.

JB is starting to go downhill in my eyes .Except OG retros and couple of retro + ,everything else is mass produced garbage.

The Melo /  CP3 series , JB Trainers?! JB Running Shoes !? smh ...

People want to be able to cop easy ok i understand.But personally i dont like to rock stuff ,every single average Joe does.

I would guess people dont like to go out and see tons of other people wearing the same exact shoe , but it seems i probably wrong.

Limited and QS releases arent what it used to be for sure.

You basically answered your own question. Limited/hyped releases presell for 300-400 WHEN people think the shoes are going to sell out quick or be hard to obtain regardless of actual quantities released.Yes, "The last few retros haven't been sold out as fast as they used to... or sold out at all" so your logic is correct in that others are also probably thinking this will follow suit. They are going for 250-280 BECAUSE people are thinking this way.

And I really don't understand why some people are trying to say "the price isn't justified because all Jordan did was put NA on the heel of the least popular CW". How can we honestly sit here and try to put this CW in comparison with any of the other 6's in terms of popularity when this shoe has never been released since 1991 and 95% of "sneakerheads" have never even seen the shoe in real life. How can most of us possibly know this was the least popular CW in 1991? Most of us were in freaking diapers. I'm not talking about any of the OGs of the game (props to you for sticking in it for so long), I'm talking about these newcoming resellers that all of a sudden think they know what's good for the sneaker game, just because they flipped a couple of GRs. 

You are on point with that. [emoji]128079[/emoji]

But now I tried through the laptop and Nike says I entered, sigh... 
eyes.gif

Hmmm can't use a discount code on the online raffle system.

Do you guys know if i could apply the code once the order has been made?

There was a lot of hype before the sport blues came out, because of that whole 1991 thing

and I was alive in 1991 and they weren't very popular, but over the years like the mochas for some odd reason, people want what they can't get. The average person doesn't care about that 1991 thing. That's a "sneakerhead" thing. The average person just cares if it's a Jordan or they like the colorway. That's all that matters to them, because they weren't alive in 1991.

Back
Top Bottom