Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

noblekane noblekane

The actual color description on these days off-white. I can't speak to what the OG was so you are the man on those.

lol yea right

thats nikes lazy way of saying our white leather color isnt white

this has been going on for a while

alot of nikes that are white arent really white rather dingy white.

they cant get the white right like they use to.

the white upper leather of nike shoes use to be actually white and match the midsole and laces

nowadays you cant find that

alot of people are blind and cznt catch that for some reason

my legend blue xi's is a prime example of the white upper materials not matching properly

EDITED: you replied the same time I was replying

Last edited:
The price increase are part of it too... I bet these sells out if they released them 1-3 months ago. But I'm all for it, if shoes start sitting and not selling out on the first day or weekend. That just means I can start buying all the releases I want with no hassle, and maybe for a discount.

But knowing JB... If his shoes start sitting and hitting outlets all the time. I see them dropping the production numbers down again to re-create hype.
You realize that with that new found ability you also are paying would would essentially be resell if these were 170 like they were a year and a half ago?
Looks a lot better
So dope.

Yall are trip..! Nothin will be wht the originals were, this is nothin new..lol...Still the same old complaining and to the ones tht complain about the price are the same ones tht would drop $800+ on some originals..lol....Just enjoy them because thy are really not tht bad, JB gives us decent shape and decent materials and most important NIKE AIR...still complaining....hahahaha...To the ones wishing for an original mold, tht ship has dipped in 1999...lol...I do think it will get better from here, the worst i think is behind is on cut and quality....But JB will every so often get lazy though

Last edited:
View media item 1819381
This is the 1991 OG box. The color way has always been off white/new maroon. They could've easily made it as white as the Infrareds or SB from last year but that's not the point. The CW is off white for the simple reason that it's the same as the OG.

you arent getting what im saying

even though it says off white it was actually white and matched up with the other parts of the shoe

the retro is dingy and doesnt match up with the other parts

its not just on these though. even shoes that are white are more of a cream color on jordan retros.

dont know if its a cost cutting thing

looking at my aroons and sport blues my sport blues upper is semi dingy and both jumpman lace holders are a different shade for some reason

you arent getting what im saying

even though it says off white it was actually white and matched up with the other parts of the shoe

the retro is dingy and doesnt match up with the other parts

its not just on these though. even shoes that are white are more of a cream color on jordan retros.

dont know if its a cost cutting thing

looking at my aroons and sport blues my sport blues upper is semi dingy and both jumpman lace holders are a different shade for some reason
I was 2 years old when the original Maroons came out so I'll have to take your word on it. But personally, in regards to the Sport Blues and Infrareds being a dingy white, I like the way they are. Anymore white to those would just be too bright for my taste.

And btw my pair was far from dingy but way more white then off white it does suck to see all the issues with yellowing...

if $220 gives me nike air, and the ability to actually buy it..so be it....

from what i remember in 2010 and 11 12 getting a good deal on resell for me was 220-250

flint xiii was resellin for like $300 iirc

i hope we get another infrared with NA

Well I'll be a nice guy about it and cross my fingers for you that yours show up in better shape than mine did haha.

Nike Customer Service is such a joke. When I called to ask if they could replace them they basically told me I would get the next closest shoe available and they could not guarantee I'd get a new Maroon 6 in their place. Bloody ridiculous. How are they going to tell me what shoe they think is comparable to a $300 Nike Air 6 retro. They really should keep a reserve of stock for replacement on something this mass produced that's going to end up with flaws. After a certain time passes they could just send the reserve stock to an outlet. Mattel does this with their higher end collectible toys.
Return them as soon as you can and buy another pair

was the nike air on the OGs white or maroon?

all OG VIs had NA the same color as the leather except for Carmines.

I'm sure everyone's seen the samples of the Blk/Infrared with the pink letters, pretty cool.

Last edited:
all OG VIs had NA the same color as the leather except for Carmines.

I'm sure everyone's seen the samples of the Blk/Infrared with the pink letters, pretty cool.

i thought this was the dopest part of the vi. the phasing out of the nike air branding

I'm amazed at how ppl mow nothing about this shoe as far as the color and what the original looked like compared to this release wow just wow.

The shoe is Off-White 
nthat.gif

Has NA on the back 
nthat.gif

Leather is A1 quality 
nthat.gif

Their Easy To Buy 
nthat.gif

Maroon is a great Fall Color Way to Wear! 
nthat.gif

People will be returning their pairs to Outlets by Friday!  To in turn buy Space Sparkle 11's

this time next week i'll see pics of Maroon's in the Outlet thread $10 bucks below retail No Box Lid! - BET THAT ON SUMTHIN'

Last edited:

from what i remember in 2010 and 11 12 getting a good deal on resell for me was 220-250

+1

well said

+1
well said

honestly, flints weren't going for $300 when they dropped. they were going for retail. 220-250 was a come up for a reseller back then. his numbers are pretty much on the high end.

Last edited:
I'm amazed at how ppl mow nothing about this shoe as far as the color and what the original looked like compared to this release wow just wow.

This guy would be the sneaker head equivalent of a hipster. "I had it first." "Y'all don't know about the original." "

The shoe is Off-White :nthat:

Has NA on the back :nthat:

Leather is A1 quality :nthat:

Their Easy To Buy :nthat:

Maroon is a great Fall Color Way to Wear! :nthat:

People will be returning their pairs to Outlets by Friday!  To in turn buy Space Sparkle 11's

this time next week i'll see pics of Maroon's in the Outlet thread $10 bucks below retail No Box Lid! - BET THAT ON SUMTHIN'

best release this month
waiting on them to be discounted so I can swoop for the misses

Last edited:
Or maybe he did his homework |I

None of the pictures online would do the original, unaged color of the shoe any justice so unless he has Polaroids or has seen pictures of when they first came out, then I'd have to assume he's a lot older than most of us. For crying out loud, the shoe released 24 years ago and he's criticizing people for not seeing the original. Some of us don't have control over when we were born (sarcasm). That's how I feel when old *** people berate younger people for not knowing how hard it was growing up without technology or not knowing what it was like to hear Elvis or the Beatles live. Like the **** you want? We can't help it if weren't born with you.

None of the pictures online would do the original, unaged color of the shoe any justice so unless he has Polaroids or has seen pictures of when they first came out, then I'd have to assume he's a lot older than most of us. For crying out loud, the shoe released 24 years ago and he's criticizing people for not seeing the original. Some of us don't have control over when we were born (sarcasm). That's how I feel when old *** people berate younger people for not knowing how hard it was growing up without technology or not knowing what it was like to hear Elvis or the Beatles live. Like the **** you want? We can't help it if weren't born with you.
I understand your point but if you did homework on these you'd know how they looked even with people restoring them. It was something as simple as the Nike Air being white and not maroon too.

I understand your point but if you did homework on these you'd know how they looked even with people restoring them. It was something as simple as the Nike Air being white and not maroon too.

He was talking about the whiteness of the upper, nothing about the NA. A simple google search right now would show you the color of the NA. However, from pictures of the 1991 OG release, I can't tell if the off white color of the shoe is from aging or if it's the original color. Technology was **** back then compared to today so there are almost no digitalized pictures of the shoe that were taken in 1991. Therefore, it would be absolutely impossible for anyone that didn't see the shoe, to "see" what the original looked like. And I'd be hard pressed to believe that someone would be able to remember what tint of white was used from 20+ years ago so from there, it's all subjective. I understand the point you're making as well and I take no issue with his sentiment, I do however take issue with him expecting everyone to know the difference. "Wow oh wow" is condescending as ****. "I can't believe you didn't know nothing about.. Wow just wow"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom