Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

Ive been reshaping my pair and workin the leather out on the toebox and i can say thy wll soften up the more you wear, me i gotta distress my pair immediately....thy are coming out nice and the quality is MUCH better then wht you think..

Ive been reshaping my pair and workin the leather out on the toebox and i can say thy wll soften up the more you wear, me i gotta distress my pair immediately....thy are coming out nice and the quality is MUCH better then wht you think..

Info/pics? I think it's cool when people make modifications to their kicks

Info/pics? I think it's cool when people make modifications to their kicks
Yea..using vintage Germany shoe trees and rubbin the leather out with my fingers and tryin to brake tht stiffness down, definitely workin...id say youll see a difference within like a day of doin tht for like thirty mind throughout the day.....Cant stand new stiff kicks, im so used to buyin older stuff tht has softer leather out the box..lol...

OG are just so sleek, and those long tongues
smokin.gif
Yea, I'm a Big Fan of  Higher Tongues on the 6's.

Yeah it's really surprising that during the remastering process they miss something like the longer tongues. So visible when MJ is wearing them. Hopefully if when they re-do the infrareds they get the long tongue treatment.

When I got my Maroons and was able to try them on I noticed they seemed to fit better and look better than my 2014 black/infrared 6s. So I pulled my 2014 black/infrareds and put them sole to sole with the new maroons to see if there is any difference shape wise. My first impression was the toebox was better or more og (less of a cliff ledge) on the maroons. But when I looked closer the overall shape of the actual toe boxes on both maroons and the 2014 black/infrareds seemed to be the same.(not 100% sure, I didn't measure with a ruler, but I did notice dents midway through the toe box like the 2014 Hare 7s). The major difference between them to me seems to be the way the leather sides sit along the edges of the first 3 lace holes closest to the toe. I think depending on how this area is laced, and how the leather is bent greatly effects the overall look of the toebox appearance. I think this area looks better laced on the maroons because the leather is softer, less stiff than the 2014 black/infrareds. So I decided to break out my 2014 black/infrareds and see if I could make them look good like these 2015 Maroons. First thing I did was take the laces out. Then I proceeded to soften up the sides by bending them back and forth in different spots firmly but without creasing them. Then I ran my greasy fingers(eating Tim's Cascade Sour Cream Chips, banging by the way but I digress..)up and down the suede/durabuck/nubuck whatever this stuff is(sorry I'm not an expert just some dude) making sure to leave some finger oils there. Then I looked at a picture of Jordan in the 1991 Finals wearing the OGs for reference. Then I bent the s*** out of the sides some more to make them more flexible and to look more like Mike's. I then pulled on the toungue as hard as I could trying to stretch them as much as I could without accidentally ripping them out the shoes. When I laced them up I used the lace hole farthest to the outside on the 3rd hole from the toebox(as opposed to the hole closest to the inside on the 3rd hole which is how they come factory laced). Then I laced them up to the second hole from the top(to give me some lace length for the tie knot to hang). Here's a picture of my maroons and my 2014 black/infrareds after I played with them a little.

Aaaaaand I'm back! Cookin for $155 shipped with the discount. Can't wait!...Should have em by Monday or Tuesday. For those that have no clue what I'm referencing cause I never post anymore and can't quote posts correctly....I got a homie at work that gets the F&F discount. Hooked me up!

Last edited:
Aaaaaand I'm back! Cookin for $155 shipped with the discount. Can't wait!...Should have em by Monday or Tuesday. For those that have no clue what I'm referencing cause I never post anymore and can't quote posts correctly....I got a homie at work that gets the F&F discount. Hooked me up!
Eat :pimp: I gotta get out more and make some friends :lol:

Nearest nike outlet is an hour away :stoneface:

That's what's so funny now. I had the shadow 10s from 5th grade and I had to wear them the start of 6th and got clowned but now we sit on them for awhile to break them out! Lol

I hated that ****, kids had nothing better to do back then but to make fun of other peoples shoes. I didnt care, I was getting my Jordans the Christmas after they came out, so about 8-10 months after release and would wear them through the summer. Heck, my Black/Infrared VI's were stolen during the summer of 1992 from the local pool, and the VII was in the middle of its run. So they were still coveted by kids after 1.5 years after release. Effin thieves, Im still mad they were stolen.

After seeing some posts about the tongue tab, I checked out my pair and it has the maroon tint to them as well. Atleast one is white and the other maroon. Oh well.

I don't know if anyone works at a store but so heard Nike put in a recall for pairs like the one I got . The ones with the very Yellow fabric that connected to the tongue and other flaws ? Can anyone confirm?

I don't know if anyone works at a store but so heard Nike put in a recall for pairs like the one I got . The ones with the very Yellow fabric that connected to the tongue and other flaws ? Can anyone confirm?
I haven't heard about that, but I did call and speak with their customer service this morning regarding my pair and they were very helpful, documented everything very thoroughly and took great care of me.
has anybody's fnl order shipped yet?

ordered on wednesday evening
I ordered a pair through FNL on Wednesday evening to do an in-store pickup and was informed that my order was cancelled when I called the local store to see if it was ready to go on Thursday night.

looking and feeling my maroon 6s and it makes me angry. angry nike couldnt use the synthetic leather they used on these for the rest of the og vis last year

its far from perfect but atleast the synthetic leather on the maroons is flexible compared to the toilet seat hard leather on the infrareds, sport blues, and carmines...

Back
Top Bottom