Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

I'd like to hear his opinions then on the other ridiculous color ways of shoes recently. Sweater 7's? Pro star V's?

I'm sure the exchange went something like this:

JB: "hey MJ we have an idea for a color way of the 7's that match that outfit you wore in Barcelona".

Mike: "don't even think about such a stupid color way".

JB: " we almost forgot here is a giant bag of money".

MJ: "on second thought great idea".

:lol: I cant stop laughing and picturing this conversation truly happening.

Don't do it.
I wanted them cus I swore the color would match with them throwback/alternate jerseys... 
mean.gif

Waiting until JB makes a color way for the Red......Washington's team. 

I'd like to hear his opinions then on the other ridiculous color ways of shoes recently. Sweater 7's? Pro star V's?

I'm sure the exchange went something like this:

JB: "hey MJ we have an idea for a color way of the 7's that match that outfit you wore in Barcelona".

Mike: "don't even think about such a stupid color way".

JB: " we almost forgot here is a giant bag of money".

MJ: "on second thought great idea".
I agree, I want his thoughts on the Spike Lee Forty's too.

Even tho the don hates em....still fire. Don't see maroon colors on others so it's nice 2 have something a little different

Got my pair in today

I have no idea how to function with a lacelock

someone teach me to tie my laces lol

Got my pair in today

Just take the lacelock off then decide if you want the lacelock in the middle top or bottom, lace them. 
happy.gif

Last edited:
I'm sure MJ hates a lot of these colorways that we love. It would be interesting to see how it would effect the consumers opinion if he publicly told us his dislikes

I'm sure MJ hates a lot of these colorways that we love. It would be interesting to see how it would effect the consumers opinion if he publicly told us his dislikes
Didn't he say he hated the 10's because of the toe box and he got his personally made to play on the court with a new toe box?

Got my pair in today

If you want a little hint, the AF1 lows have a lacelock on their laces as well.......you just don't notice that they are there because of where the lacelock is located.  Just look at an AF1 low closely (or AF1 high if you also desire) and look for something "holding on to the laces."

Last edited:
Oh wow, I never even heard about that one. I just know he didn't like the 1's

Didn't he say he hated the 10's because of the toe box and he got his personally made to play on the court with a new toe box?

i never heard of him hating the X, he would never say in that public, he's a smart business man. The OG X toebox had a seam at the front. Jordan disagreed with Tinker on that aspect and requested it be a one piece, seamless toebox.

Production on the Steel Xs had already begun, I've seen samples of it but they are rare. Jordan made the right call, the seamless toebox looks way better.

Last edited:
i actually love the toe cap on the ten and i hope when they remaster it they put it back on

it just seems so bare without it

Oh wow, I never even heard about that one. I just know he didn't like the 1's

i never heard of him hating the X, he would never say in that public, he's a smart business man. The OG X toebox had a seam at the front. Jordan disagreed with Tinker on that aspect and requested it be a one piece, seamless toebox.

Production on the Steel Xs had already begun, I've seen samples of it but they are rare. Jordan made the right call, the seamless toebox looks way better.
not sure if he's said it publicly but he does in fact hate the 10.

No matter what he thinks of them aesthetically, each of these retro releases is making Mike millions of dollars richer, so you better believe he loves them way more than we do!

not sure if he's said it publicly but he does in fact hate the 10.

As do I.......it's my least favourite J in the entire line. It just seemed like Tinker mailed it in, with a step down in design and tech. Some of the retro+ colours have made it look okay though.

Was shocked to see these in the outlet already.

National Harbor (MD) by the way. Not really a full size run but they had quite a few

No matter what he thinks of them aesthetically, each of these retro releases is making Mike millions of dollars richer, so you better believe he loves them way more than we do!
As do I.......it's my least favourite J in the entire line. It just seemed like Tinker mailed it in, with a step down in design and tech. Some of the retro+ colours have made it look okay though.
isn't the 10 the first time they used phylon midsole and those strap thing (i dunno what you call them), so i wouldn't say it is all without new design and tech. also without the 10, the 11 wouldn't have looked the way it was.

Back
Top Bottom