Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

[emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji], but I see you are without SD's, like myself

Tried 3x to get the slam dunks. Twice got cart jacked. I don't do resell prices so they will just be out of my collection. And the lakers, pistons, 6 rings and oreo 6 just don't do it for me. Missed out on the dmo pack when the first came out shopping with my wife. Got to the store late and they sold my size. Thought I had time since during those times, kicks would sit. Especially it being a first $300 pack, I thought I had time. Def not paying $1,000 for any shoe (s)

A lot of people are going to regret passing on these down the road. I had so much going on I forgot about the release and was really happy when I went on NDC on Sunday and saw a FSR. I copped immediately. Forget the Nike Air. The colorway is so clean and most people have never seen a pair of these in person before this release. Once the other NA shoes drop people will want the whole set. I needed to sell my WC '88s last year (only 1 pair) and that still hurts. I wasn't ever going to wear them but everytime I looked at them just put a smile on my face.

These didn't sell out?
J's played or the price is getting to us?

It was the price for me.

Last edited:
These didn't sell out?

It was the price for me.

Yeah I think the $220 price tag turned a lot of people off. For me, I couldn't find my size (7.5) so I went to a kid's 7 which is $160. I had a FinishLine coupon for $20 so I got mine for $140...might get another pair.

These didn't sell out?

It was the price for me.
probably a combination of both.
Since I'm seeing  sizes disappear the closer we get the christmas its safe to assume that alot folks will have eggnog colored shoes by the 25th

These didn't sell out?

It was the price for me.
it's the price. casual buyer are not gonna spend $220 on a pair of sneakers let alone retro Jordans. 

great for everyone tbh. people can try on what they like and decide if they really want to buy them or not.

$220 was resell for most GR jordans the past few years though.

I'm glad Nike is pricing folks out...maybe now shoes will go on sale...even clearance....wait for it..."LIKE THE GOOD OLE DAYS"

Last edited:
I've started to mind the $200+ price tag even though it's not necessarily new.

My thing is I wear my sneakers, all of them and...J's just aren't wearable for long periods. I've been confined to short outings only with them. Perfect shoe to see a show or watch a flick in but, I'm not wearing them to all day affairs such as Hoiday parties or family gatherings unless it's to a home I know requires the removal of shoes for entrance

Last edited:
Haven't UNDS mine yet but saw one size 13 on shelf tonight and so many people have picked it up the back soft spot where the spoiler is and the insides were so black and dirty lol tongue was on "fleek" also lmao

$220 was resell for most GR jordans the past few years though.

I'm glad Nike is pricing folks out...maybe now shoes will go on sale...even clearance....wait for it..."LIKE THE GOOD OLE DAYS"
did the good ole days only have the cage portion of the upper being leather tho? i was surprised when i saw these in person that the rest of the shoe were synthetic.
mean.gif

No surprise at the use of synthetic......

I think there's a misconception about Nike's use of genuine, full-grain leather -- especially back in the golden age of the 90's. A lot of the material used on lots of those models was actually synthetic. I don't think a lot of guys realize that.

While those originals were better quality than these retros we've had in recent years -- especially Jordans -- it's not like those OGs were bulletproof and always made from the richest, most expensive materials. As much as I love that time period for kicks, I think it's been idealized and exaggerated a little bit.

All that being said, I'm definitely satisfied by the quality of these Maroons.

Last edited:
No surprise at the use of synthetic......

I think there's a misconception about Nike's use of genuine, full-grain leather -- especially back in the golden age of the 90's. A lot of the material used on lots of those models was actually synthetic. I don't think a lot of guys realize that.

While those originals were better quality than these retros we've had in recent years -- especially Jordans -- it's not like those OGs were bulletproof and always made from the richest, most expensive materials. As much as I love that time period for kicks, I think it's been idealized and exaggerated a little bit.

All that being said, I'm definitely satisfied by the quality of these Maroons.
true, don't know about the early 90's. i only started with the Xi and those started with the full-grain leather and everything since were all full-grain.

I had the 99 3M fire red V and now the 2013, i actually think the 2013 is made with much better material. synthetic vs cheap split-grain, i would still take leather, but that's just me. 

I'm seeing the Aquas online, the chromes online, & the maroon 6s are still available.. Wattba! I called my family and said I want a gift card to a sneaker spot for Christmas I might grab the maroon 6s after the holiday but in my heart I'm still missing the black infrared 6s from last year. Wish I could trade for them really but I'll take these for free or half price basically

Back
Top Bottom