Jordan Retro 6 "Sport Blue" 8.30.14 - (NO BUYING, SELLING, TRADING, or OOPS)

Sport blues, Maroons, and Carmines... all three are insta-cops

ZaIyq.gif

I'll skip the infrareds for the September Blue's...As long as they don't do something stupid like flip the midsole color blocking or something...I'll just sit here and patiently wait for pics of the actual shoe before I get more excited than I already am...Confirmation is the best news I've heard in a long time though...

Why JB. Why. Why do they INSIST on changing something, or tweaking something EVERYTIME?

I don't know why everyone is so nonchalant about the possible midsole switch. The Olympic VIs, prior to releasing in 2012, released in 2000 as you all know. It seemed a bit more forgivable for them to switch something up, seeing as back in 2012 when the new Olympics dropped, you could still get 2000 Olympics for a decent price in decent condition. You had a little more democracy in choosing which version to rock with.  But 12 years between releases is different than fcking 23 years, excuse my language. You can't just come up on a 1991 pair of sport blues, if you aren't too keen on the possibly new midsole; that democracy isn't an option. That's so wack that they feel like flipping stuff all the time. Reebok gets it, Nike Sportswear seems to understand retroing a touch better, so why can't they get it right? Just re release the shoe and keep it moving.

I guess they feel like they can just make random changes because they have soooo many young people trained into accepting whatever they are given. Well I call BS. If they don't change the midsole...ya'll can have em.  I've waited some years for this...and there are people who've waited a quarter of a lifetime for these....this isnt the time to try something "a bit different".

^
ya, they should make those changes on a pair that's never been retro'd before
hopefully if & when - they come out with the og colorblocking otherwise it'll piss off people who've waited a long time

I hate to state the obvious, but they make the changes so they can sell us the same shoe twice. Happens all the time. We take the bait all the time.

I hate to state the obvious, but they make the changes so they can sell us the same shoe twice. Happens all the time. We take the bait all the time.

Lol what?

That makes no sense. Everyone complains when they change something.

Alot of times they change stuff to differentiate the retros.

ie the red jumpman on the sole of the 2011 metallics versus the normal black one.

^How does it make no sense? How many times have they sold White cement IIIs based on minor variations. AS WE SPEAK, PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THE INFRARED PACK IN 2010 ARE GEARING UP TO BUY THE SAME DAMN SHOES NEXT YEAR JUST BECAUSE A CHANGE IN TINT.

Last edited:
^just twice as the other previous white-cement retros were spaced out over time

but i gotta kinda agree on the 6's - i you copped the 2010 pack - the only reason i could see to re-up in 2014 would be if you beat on them or they didn't fit correctly
(the 2010 infrared pack are the only jordans i've ever purchased that fit a full size too big, like they weren't even close to the 2000s, regardless of padding)

or if the black ones have the correct upper material-that would be a good reason too bringin it back to your point

Last edited:
^just twice as the other previous white-cement retros were spaced out over time

but i gotta kinda agree on the 6's - i you copped the 2010 pack - the only reason i could see to re-up in 2014 would be if you beat on them or they didn't fit correctly
(the 2010 infrared pack are the only jordans i've ever purchased that fit a full size too big, like they weren't even close to the 2000s, regardless of padding)

or if the black ones have the correct upper material-that would be a good reason too bringin it back to your point
True. Then there's the True Blue IIIs where they did the international release and had guys paying crazy prices just to have them come state-side right after. And don't even get me started with the oly VIIs..........

I left out the matter of the materials on black/infrared coloraway purposely just because I knew someone would pick up on that and see my point. Thing is, I think they realized that they could make small changes (branding, color blocking, materials, quality) and have us pay the same price if not more for the same shoe in a short period of time.

Genius on their behalf, not so much for us.

Last edited:
Genius on their behalf, not so much for us.
Yeah but you also have to take into account of how many people werent able to get them that first go round. So for your example infrared pack in 2010 ... people could have missed out, not have the funds, bene too young, didnt know etc ... but come 2014 all the factors are adding up to them being able to.

yes dont get me wrong we all know there are people that buy them every go round too. But there's always some one "new" for every release

Back
Top Bottom