Jordan Retro 8 "3 Peat" - October 2015

I held these in hand and I did not feel any "thick cuts of leather"

I felt a whole bunch of the material they used on the statue 9s (poop 9s).

Really plastic-y

The gray midsole areas in the front and on the heel of the shoe like the aquas has a glitter effect to it. In hand it is very noticeable and some might saw is too much. It looks like extra shiny grip tape. Pretty soft when you feel it, doubt any paint cracks on those parts. Don't remember how the purple portion felt

Last edited:
Video was the definition of struggle
laugh.gif
Lmao I was going to leave a warning & a time stamp, but I wanted everybody to watch all of it. You should go back and watch his other sneaker blogs.

Not a fan of these. It's shoes like this and the statue 9s that make jb look corny and super bored BUT $$$ is 2 be made and they will

can someone confirm whether the leather on these is soft and nice? or plastic like the previous bugs bunny 8s, sport blue 6s, fire red 5s?

I'm gonna be really disappointed if the leather is bunk. 

In my opinion these and the statue 9s both had lower quality leather compared to what weve been getting so far this year of the 'remaster'. I know dudes are gonna be like "everything can't be tumbled leather bro" and I know that, but the white leather portion on the 8s just aren't soft. The statue 9s were even worse. I think had they used the white leather that they used on the heels of the infrared and ghost green 6 lows these 8s could have been considered. But from what I remember, it was plastic feeling and not soft. No give to it when you pressed your fingers into the leather

Last edited:
In my opinion these and the statue 9s both had lower quality leather compared to what weve been getting so far this year of the 'remaster'. I know dudes are gonna be like "everything can't be tumbled leather bro" and I know that, but the white leather portion on the 8s just aren't soft. The statue 9s were even worse. I think had they used the white leather that they used on the heels of the infrared and ghost green 6 lows these 8s could have been considered. But from what I remember, it was plastic feeling and not soft. No give to it when you pressed your fingers into the leather
thank you sir for the reply.  What a dam shame.  I own every colorway of 8's aside from the ray allen pe, so I wanted to add these, but I refuse to have any shoe in my collection with bunk leather from here on out.  I sold my last bugs bunnys because of the leather, and then found another 2003 pair since I had dogged out my others. 

The best leather on any white 8 so far has been the stealth colorway. I was really hoping they'd have leather like that. 

the stealth 8s for context. Amazing leather on these. also 3m on the back. 

my 2003 bunnies, found them for 80 bucks on ebay. just some minor flaws that can be fixed with angelus. 

a personal favorite just for fun womens aqua 8s. 

and the womens ice blue gets the honorable mention. awesome quality on these too. 

and all my 8s besides playoffs that i forgot to picture. 

Last edited:

thank you sir for the reply.  What a dam shame.  I own every colorway of 8's aside from the ray allen pe, so I wanted to add these, but I refuse to have any shoe in my collection with bunk leather from here on out.  I sold my last bugs bunnys because of the leather, and then found another 2003 pair since I had dogged out my others. 

The best leather on any white 8 so far has been the stealth colorway. I was really hoping they'd have leather like that. 

the stealth 8s for context. Amazing leather on these. also 3m on the back. 

and all my 8s besides playoffs that i forgot to picture. 
pimp.gif
 Anthracite/orange blaze/peapod
pimp.gif
. That was a good run of 8s I don't care what anyone says. They showcase the model nicely imo although less or no contrast stitching would have improved them for sure. jb was heavy into the contrast stitching around then, now they're all about white or icy bottoms on EVERYTHING. wish JB would steer clear from both those trends
grin.gif

Just had em in hand today...decent enough to cop for me. Put in a raffle at 4 stores in da mall. Hoping that should be enough, dont feel like putting in any more.

Just had em in hand today...decent enough to cop for me. Put in a raffle at 4 stores in da mall. Hoping that should be enough, dont feel like putting in any more.
is the leather soft or stiff? im getting conflicting reports. 

These shoes pop. Remind me of those colorful infra 5s from early June that everyone scorned but 4 months later I'm still glad I copped.

All systems Go for Saturday. 
smokin.gif

Good on these booboo 8s but yo it just crossed my mind that this stiffer, smoother, non pebbled, and more synthetic feeling white leather will probably be used on the white cement 4s in February. Hopefully it's at least the leather they used on the straps of these 8s. Best part of this 8 is probably the '23' on the strap, that contrast is crazy. But they still booboo tho

Last edited:
I just saw these in person and they looked incredible!! :wow: they will be perfect caked up on Saturday Lord 9281245540Illini!

At least these look better that that DB 8 that dropped last year. Thos looked like a members from the blue man group took a dump.

Back
Top Bottom