Jordan Retro 8 "3 Peat" - October 2015

Yea that chilling was horrible lol I think I bought every release that year all the black cat 3&4's and the pure 3&4's the fire red 3's the Mars 4's the military's, the tour 4's, the thunder and lightning pack, the mist blues and all of them had severe chipping on the midsoles , only ones I still have are the Lightning 4's & the tour 4's and that just because one is DS and the other I can't find the left shoe for [emoji]128514[/emoji]... It's in storage some where.

But yea all the leather 4's that year have inexcusable leather only shoes they were making quality were the LS shoes... Those tour 4's are still my favorite 4's off all time I love that speckled mudslide and that cool as rare air tag those definitely need a remaster

Yes, same here. I brought all of them, except the lightning and thunder. Copping online was never a thing for me.

Those tour were a must back then, definetly need to find a pair in my size

Yes, same here. I brought all of them, except the lightning and thunder. Copping online was never a thing for me.

Those tour were a must back then, definetly need to find a pair in my size

Repped for having good taste it seems like Jordan brand are re retroing a lot of the better retro plus color ways ... Here's hoping the do the tours and most blues one more time and the cool grey 4's as well I expect those next year tho to be honest seems only natural..., and the thunder & lighting pack was an easy cop back then cause not a lot of people had broadband in those days... I still remember the jumpman23 website with that jazz music lol... And getting flight club emails from the website haha

Last edited:
Saw them in person, they are alright. 

I really like the VIII 's , but i 'll stick on my decision to just get the Aquas this year.

Maybe the Chromes too , if the budget allows it 
laugh.gif

Why was it so low key on this release? Was it the late release time? Or the CW that ppl aren't feeling? Or are ppl just broke? 
The last nine months or so, there just seems to be a dramatic across the board decrease in general public interest in Jordan releases. Exceptions being the high-top 1s, which have become the shoe du jour for some reason, and special shoes that always sell out (e.g., any patent 11s, black/infra 6s, etc). 

General demand for Js has just dropped significantly. Maybe other shoes like the Yeezys have captured the hype zeitgeist.  I do not believe it's because JB has just offered us a sucky lineup of retros. Personally, I like the retros that have come out this year.

Last edited:
I get what your saying, but I think you may be focusing too much on the quality of the leather... Certain style of shoes require certain types of leather is what I was trying to allude to... Say for instant some leather hiking boots prolly wouldn't feel as supportive if it used the same supple leather used on SBB's... Same thing with the 8's they're made to be more supportive. If they used the same leather found on SBB's the shoe would prolly feel very flimsy... Just my thoughts tho.... Maybe you're right and the all good have a softer grade of leather and still work
very true and i get that but nothing "retro" should be used on a court IMO when we have other great options that arent outdated or have bad quality. to each his own on that point but since i believe they are for casual only of course i want a better less stiff leather.

The last nine months or so, there just seems to be a dramatic across the board decrease in general public interest in Jordan releases. Exceptions being the high-top 1s, which have become the shoe du jour for some reason, and special shoes that always sell out (e.g., any patent 11s, black/infra 6s, etc). 

General demand for Js has just dropped significantly. Maybe other shoes like the Yeezys have captured the hype zeitgeist.  I do not believe it's because JB has just offered us a sucky lineup of retros. Personally, I like the retros that have come out this year.

I wouldn't say that.

They've come out with a bunch of non-OG colorways as GR's. The majority of retro+'s that are released now sat when they first dropped.
NA 1's are limited.

You have several releases a month from JB at a higher price point. A couple of GR's and several limited ones. And that's not including regular Nike and their signatures. Much less the other brands(New Balance, Asics, Puma, Saucony) and their weekly collabos. You can't compare JB which releases a GR of several hundred thousand to a Kanye sneaker that drops in a couple of colorways at 10 or 20,000.

And JB has offered us a bunch of bad colorways that people would have mixed feelings about even if they were limited.

son those butt *** fugly 7s are gonna be sittin so hard
Hopefully, you know how shoes grow on people and the resellers who buy the shoes (even though they're everywhere) only to return it because they have so many of them.  I wonder if they pay attention to launch locators?

I wouldn't say that.

They've come out with a bunch of non-OG colorways as GR's. The majority of retro+'s that are released now sat when they first dropped.
NA 1's are limited.

You have several releases a month from JB at a higher price point. A couple of GR's and several limited ones. And that's not including regular Nike and their signatures. Much less the other brands(New Balance, Asics, Puma, Saucony) and their weekly collabos. You can't compare JB which releases a GR of several hundred thousand to a Kanye sneaker that drops in a couple of colorways at 10 or 20,000.

And JB has offered us a bunch of bad colorways that people would have mixed feelings about even if they were limited.
Don't agree with the 'bad colorways' idea, but the higher price point is an obvious factor that I overlooked.

I think it's better to say higher price point along with experimental "colors/designs/themes"

Something about dem $150-160 price marks back in the day that didn't seem like a big deal

I dropped a pretty penny on these. They retail at $245 canadian plus tax around here. But considering the VIII's are one of my favourite kicks, and I sadly sold my 2003 bugs bunny colorway years ago I had to get these. Being from toronto and a raptors fan, I love the purple. But I feel that it's not everyone's thing. I also found a 14 locally, which is a pretty rare thing to come across.

Looking forward to rocking these tomorrow.

Hopefully, you know how shoes grow on people and the resellers who buy the shoes (even though they're everywhere) only to return it because they have so many of them.  I wonder if they pay attention to launch locators?

Launch locator? What is that? U must know a cheat code in securing shoes or sumn

I like this shoe and glad I copped, but miss the "carpet" logo on the tongue, IMO a standout feature of the 8s. But I didn't know this was from a sample from back in the day. Makes me feel better about it, LOL. 

View media item 1766876
Saw this custom... Look at these in black for those that likes it... Personally I prefer the whites... Idk the blacks are ugly to me may be because the paint is to shiny... Just had an unnatural sheen

Maybe if the were durabuck like the aqua's it would've come out better

Last edited:
Black on a 8 just needs to be dura/nubuck. The black leather just looks odd. If JB produced that pair properly I'd probably pick 1 up too

Back
Top Bottom