Jordan Retro 8 "Champ Pack"

congrats,, now since you have both,, which you prefer trophy or confetti?

Still the trophy but the more I look at the confetti the nicer it gets. Playoffs were my first Jordan in 7th grade. If the trophys were leather they'd have a shot at dethroning the playoff as my favorite j. Since they're not they're in a solid number two position. Just a beautiful shoe.

Just got my confetti 8s today, trophies are coming in tomorrow. The quality of the tumbled leather is pretty good, it's soft to the touch. Unds'ing these on a special occasion

What's the point of the confetti bag?

My confettis come tomorrow to my buddy who won on the draw for me. I like the trophies and maybe they will restock?

Because they're no better quality than the 2013 pairs that released. Great shoes, but Nike knew what they were doing. Special box, semi-limited. 60 price increase from aqua's and chrome's, and 90 from those '13 pairs. I paid it, but he's right they're over-priced like the 7's. Nike just wised up and made less pairs to insure people pay that 250. Even with less pairs I wouldn't be surprised to see some confetti's hit some outlets. 
I usually just wait a few months after release to find a pair for a little under retail.  Doesn't have to be deadstock, but the kids who buy them up quickly resell them low on FB groups all the time here in Houston.

Because they're no better quality than the 2013 pairs that released. Great shoes, but Nike knew what they were doing. Special box, semi-limited. 60 price increase from aqua's and chrome's, and 90 from those '13 pairs. I paid it, but he's right they're over-priced like the 7's. Nike just wised up and made less pairs to insure people pay that 250. Even with less pairs I wouldn't be surprised to see some confetti's hit some outlets. 
the c&c pack has been 250 from 2 years back, and they are def better quality than 2013s releases..and if u ask me these aint a 160 sneaker either...it costs them a fraction to make these. But prices at 190-250 is the norm now.

the c&c pack has been 250 from 2 years back, and they are def better quality than 2013s releases..and if u ask me these aint a 160 sneaker either...it costs them a fraction to make these. But prices at 190-250 is the norm now.

The viii's from 2013 were some of the best quality shoes from that year. I didn't get the vi's so I can't speak on those, but the vii's were ok and these are average for the current quality that Jb is throwing out there. I get that 190-250 is the world we live in but these are not leaps and bounds above the 2013 8s that required a 90 increase.

Just got my confetti 8s today, trophies are coming in tomorrow. The quality of the tumbled leather is pretty good, it's soft to the touch. Unds'ing these on a special occasion

What's the point of the confetti bag?

Lol. Said the same. They could have kept that and saved their penny. Looks tacky.

Just got the trophy's in from FTL, and honestly... They are a bit underwhelming....

The bone colorway would've looked so much better as a cream/off white leather , like those old pacific beach (can't remember the nickname) 7's from 05/06 (i think)...

The color is somewhere in between grey and off white, so its weird... maybe they'll look better in natural light, i dunno... was def expecting more, colorwise...

Details, gold hits, milky sole are all dope in my book though.... Will be keeping and wearing, but these def werent worth $250...

Haven't been following the thread. I'm very picky with 8s. Only ones I like are playoffs, aquas, DB, and suprisingly both of these.

I wasn't supposed to be spending money because I got to do fixes to the house. So the day of I said f it I'll enter the draw on snkrs.
Go figure I get both lol. But when it's an absolute need and I have the $ to throw I never get pulled on snkrs. Don't you love that?

I love both but can't keep both. The leather on the blacks is so nice but I'll probably keep my whites. Congrats to all that copped

Got my early reservation trophy pair off Nike+ app since Monday, and just noticed no retro card. Am I only one missing it?

Just got the trophy's in from FTL, and honestly... They are a bit underwhelming....

The bone colorway would've looked so much better as a cream/off white leather , like those old pacific beach (can't remember the nickname) 7's from 05/06 (i think)...

The color is somewhere in between grey and off white, so its weird... maybe they'll look better in natural light, i dunno... was def expecting more, colorwise...

Details, gold hits, milky sole are all dope in my book though.... Will be keeping and wearing, but these def werent worth $250...
Been saying this since I 1st saw them in hand the week before the release. I think since all white based 8s have been leather, and black based dura/nubuck they wanted to try and do something different. Sometimes different isnt always better. The white suede is just going to get destroyed. 

Back
Top Bottom