Jordan x KAWS 4 Black “Cyber Monday” 11/27/17 release thread

valid points.....

i mean, really, whats a fake sneaker anyway?!!

the process of making a sneaker goes something like...

1.  get bulk materials from a warehouse
2.  stitch bulk materials together in a sweatshop in china
3.  pass shoe thru inspection
4a. distribute to nike retailers = real
4b. distribute to your cousins = fake

The source materials are different (similar looking, but usually different) the sweatshops are different with different workers and there is even less QC than in Nike factories. It is a fable that fakes are created in the same factories with the same materials. But you're right, 0,001% of the population will know they're fakes, hell, 99% of the population won't even know they're supposed to be Kaws Jordan 4's.

I honestly feel like people that do that are idiots and desperately seek the acceptance of other males because women do not give a damn what factory made your grey basketball shoes
laugh.gif
...but hey, spend your money how you see fit.
And yet you want these exact sneakers so much that you resort to buying fake ones... just get grey shoes then and call it a day. Plenty out there.

valid points.....

The source materials are different (similar looking, but usually different) the sweatshops are different with different workers and there is even less QC than in Nike factories. It is a fable that fakes are created in the same factories with the same materials. But you're right, 0,001% of the population will know they're fakes, hell, 99% of the population won't even know they're supposed to be Kaws Jordan 4's.

and you know this how?

They're all just shoes that are mass produced in sweatshops by underpaid Asians, not really concerned with the respect that coming from a sweatshop contracted by Nike may warrant. I don't wear or own fakes but  don't condemn those who do unless they are passing them off as authentic and scamming someone.

You're oversimplifying the issue - sure the actual manufacturing is low value, but the creative process by Nike and KAWS draws on their intellectual property and trampling over that is what I mean about disrespect. This goes for any fake good.

And if you're wearing them, then that's effectively trying to pass them off as real - obviously no one's gonna have a signal that they're rocking fakes.

Well I look at at is no shoe is a must have to pay and support a reseller *shrug* Nike and Jordan got its money by the reseller buying all the pairs so why do I have to put money in these monkeys pockets for a shoe that I Want? Why should me or you be at the mercy of resellers? For what? Some sort of social acceptance that my pair is legit? E-props?

You think I'm a fufu sneakerhead because I want these kicks but will get em from China. You don't know me nor my collection. But then again your opinion matters not to me nor will it affect my day to day. You're just words on a screen. An insignificant pin drop in the World Wide Web. I don't come to NT for acceptance I come to get info and be entertained. *shrug*

I agree no shoe is a must have, that's why I generally move on if I miss. If you're willing to buy/rock a fake, then there's obviously some level of you that is saying you must have them. Unless you're just cool with buying all fakes, in which case I'd argue you're not a real fan of shoes. It's a slippery slope for sure, but if you're cool with fakes one time bc it saves you $, reasonable to think that route will cross your mind for any shoe.

Everybody who buys fakes argues that they "just love the look", but what you really want is the "respect". I´m sure you will find some grey suede shoes that accomplish a similar look. Hell, I´m sure you can find some Cool Grey 4s for a decend price. Why does it have to be this exact colaboration that everyone that knows about sneakers will notice?

QFT. Anytime ppl rock fake goods, it's bc they want the props or the perceived status that comes along with it. Basically caring too much about what other ppl think.

Last edited:
Only time I'd buy fakes is if I owned the real thing but they were too valuable for me to comfortably wear without worrying something would happen to them. In that case i may wear the fake and stock the real. I have rral kaws on the way but i don't think I'll be buying fakes, but I'd be lying if the idea wasn't tempting.

And yet you want these exact sneakers so much that you resort to buying fake ones... just get grey shoes then and call it a day. Plenty out there.
I dont own any fakes and I dont want these shoes for any reason outside of flipping them. :lol: they already look like some cheap fakes with those suede laceholder/wings... Im just saying yall are placing too much judgement on "fakes" my boy has an amazing fake pair of TD 350s he wears regularly but he also owns 2 or 3 authentic pairs and realizes it would be foolish to trash a shoe worth 2k.

Again I don't need a sneaker head's acceptance or props or need to stunt on anyone. And it's not about a grey shoe it's about the silhouette. I have cement, bred, fire red, dunk from above, mars, royalty and a few more IVs because I like the IV. I also like glow in the dark. Hence why the KAWS pair is dope as opposed to any other grey shoe.

I don't hang around sneaker heads, go to sneaker events or even frequent sneaker boutiques. I work at the highest US contracted water engineering company where I've never seen anyone rock any "heat" on casual Friday. and all but 2 of my friends whom I hardly see have no idea about sneakers. So again who's respect am I trying to attain?

And every shoe doesn't have me going on treasure hunts or sitting in front of my comp all day.

I dont own any fakes and I dont want these shoes for any reason outside of flipping them. :lol: they already look like some cheap fakes with those suede laceholder/wings... Im just saying yall are placing too much judgement on "fakes" my boy has an amazing fake pair of TD 350s he wears regularly but he also owns 2 or 3 authentic pairs and realizes it would be foolish to trash a shoe worth 2k.

So the 2 or 3 authentic pairs are for reselling?

Personally, I don't feel comfortable owning 1 pair of fakes in my collection. Even if they are 99% spot on and no one will notice. If it is too expensive, I just admire the shoe without ever owning such as Air Mags or Red Octobers. Some things you just have to live with the fact that you can't afford to be spending that much. 

Personally, I don't feel comfortable owning 1 pair of fakes in my collection. Even if they are 99% spot on and no one will notice. If it is too expensive, I just admire the shoe without ever owning such as Air Mags or Red Octobers. Some things you just have to live with the fact that you can't afford to be spending that much. 

^ Word. If you want to keep it as a display piece, do that. If you want to stunt, do that. Having a real pair that never sees the Iight of day, then a fake pair for the street, makes no sense to me.

Agreed. I have, and have had, so many limited shoes that it's not something I ever felt the need to do. Just move on to the next release. Hard for me to care that much about these KAWS joints when Royals were copped and are so well done, when PSNY is dropping 3 more colorways, and when some dope Yeezy colorways are dropping. I can't stress over one shoe that I missed out on.

valid points.....

I agree with  you somewaht here with an issue with point 2. when you generalize it like that it makes people come to the conclusion that the "sweat shops" nike and adidas and other billion dollar brands use is the same as the literal pop up replica sweatshops that run rampant in china. These small time pop up sweatshops try to copy the end product, not the manufacturing process that the billion dollar companies use. that may not seem like something worth distinguishing to most people but as someone who works in manufacturing engineering its a pretty big part of what makes fakes different (although very close) to retails.  At the end of the day youre getting something that LOOKS very close, but youre not getting the same product which is why fakes will always have the same consistent subtle differences that arent present consistently on retail shoes. But looking close is enough for a lot of people and too be honest most people arent going to be able to tell on foot.

Last edited:
Again I don't need a sneaker head's acceptance or props or need to stunt on anyone. And it's not about a grey shoe it's about the silhouette. I have cement, bred, fire red, dunk from above, mars, royalty and a few more IVs because I like the IV. I also like glow in the dark. Hence why the KAWS pair is dope as opposed to any other grey shoe.
I don't hang around sneaker heads, go to sneaker events or even frequent sneaker boutiques. I work at the highest US contracted water engineering company where I've never seen anyone rock any "heat" on casual Friday. and all but 2 of my friends whom I hardly see have no idea about sneakers. So again who's respect am I trying to attain?
And every shoe doesn't have me going on treasure hunts or sitting in front of my comp all day.

Well I look at at is no shoe is a must have to pay and support a reseller *shrug* Nike and Jordan got its money by the reseller buying all the pairs so why do I have to put money in these monkeys pockets for a shoe that I Want? Why should me or you be at the mercy of resellers? For what? Some sort of social acceptance that my pair is legit? E-props?
You think I'm a fufu sneakerhead because I want these kicks but will get em from China. You don't know me nor my collection. But then again your opinion matters not to me nor will it affect my day to day. You're just words on a screen. An insignificant pin drop in the World Wide Web. I don't come to NT for acceptance I come to get info and be entertained. *shrug*

Well this is entertaining. Nobody here should give a schiesse what you do with your time & money. So it's beyond me why you have to give such detailed justification on a fake shoe purchase.
-don't need to stunt, but I work at a huuuge company where nobody wears heat.
-words on screen. Needs to type multiple detailed paragraphs in reply.
-better sneakerhead. Don't hang with them or even shop at boutiques. Makes fun of people who copped real pair at event or online.

*SHRUG*
View media item 2393627

Agreed. I have, and have had, so many limited shoes that it's not something I ever felt the need to do. Just move on to the next release. Hard for me to care that much about these KAWS joints when Royals were copped and are so well done, when PSNY is dropping 3 more colorways, and when some dope Yeezy colorways are dropping. I can't stress over one shoe that I missed out on.
There are just certain things that I put in the realm of not possibly owning. I think Eminem 4's and UNDFTD 4's are dope as hell but I would never drop $20,000+ on either one of those and I certainly wouldn't want to drop $200 for a Grade A Replica just to act like I have a pair of the real ones. But I don't publicly attack people that buy fakes, I just can't own or wear any fakes in good conscience. Thats like me slapping a Bentley emblem logo on my Chrysler

If someone rocks fakes and resells his real pairs, that's pretty much the definition of not being that into sneakers! The $ is more important than the love of the shoe/hobby.

I guess we're venturing into the pointless territory since I doubt anyone's mind will be changed. But it's fair to say that there's a mentality of either being ok with fakes or not, there's not a whole lot of grey area there.

Last edited:

^truth.

Its about integrity for me. Wearing fakes and trying to stunt is like cheating on a test and bragging about your score.

i agree definitely not made in the same factories. theres more than a few factories out there that make their own distinctive batches of fakes. in exploring the reddit subs ive reached out and spoken to a few of the factory representitives and theyre all in competition with eachother 
laugh.gif
 as far as materials go its a yes and no. some materials are the same some arent. Also depends on the level of fake youre dealing with too. better fakes have better materials. at the end of the day these small time sweatshops dont have as much money to throw around as the legit companies do so theyll do their best to get closest looking/feeling material for the cheapest price. sometimes the real stuff is within their means, sometimes its not.

Back
Top Bottom