Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

12/14

I called up Niketown Las Vegas and asked for a size 15 and my luck the guy on the phone said they have them. I set up a phone order. Now I m gonna undeadstock my 09 Space Jams and put the 72-10 to stock.

I probably was 1 or 1.5 around the time of that game (born in 1995), a couple of months ago Hardwood Classics had the 1991 NBA Finals (Michael Jordan vs. Magic Johnson).
Ah the '91 Finals. I can remember it like it was yesterday. Did you watch the game? The Bulls were the favorites in that series, as Magic, Worthy, Scott, and A.C. Green were all way past their prime and hardly resembled Showtime. Sam Perkins was acquired for Benoit Benjamin the year before and was the Lakers' best big man. Vlade Divac was a young, serviceable center and did darn well considering he was the successor to Kareem. The Lakers took Game 1 in Chicago on a Perkins game winner but the road win was actually a disservice to the Lakers.

It pissed off Jordan and Phil Jackson and that was all she wrote. MJ and company took the next four games with ease, and that was the beginning of The Dynasty.

*Side note, with regards to Magic vs Michael. Magic Johnson, throughout his career, was known as Mr. Triple-Double. Magic would seemingly have at least one or two a week for seasons on end. The 1991 NBA Finals was a passing of the torch and boy did Jordan show the world how great he was. For many years, MJ was known only as a scorer and a tough defender. If my memory is still sharp, I'm pretty sure that Jordan averaged more rebounds and assists than Magic for the entire Finals series, thereby proving to the world that not only was he the best scorer on earth, but he could also top the great Magic Johnson at Magic's own game.

Another reason why Michael Jordan is the GOAT.

EDIT: Michael actually didn't best Magic in rebs and asts but he came darn close. Nevertheless, in this series, Jordan showed he could do it just like Magic as well. Here are the stats for the series:

Jordan:  31.2 pts, 6.6 rebs, 11.4 asts, 2.8 stls, 1.4 blks. 55.8% FG, 50% 3-pt, 85% FT - straight up DOMINANT (led his team in every category except for rebounds)

Magic: 18.8 pts, 8.0 rebs, 12.4 asts, 1.2 stls, 43.1% FG, 28.6% 3-pt, 95.1% FT

Last edited:

Peep the soles. They are pretty yellowed already.
Some would prefer them arriving like that
smokin.gif

Ah the '91 Finals. I can remember it like it was yesterday. Did you watch the game? The Bulls were the favorites in that series, as Magic, Worthy, Scott, and A.C. Green were all way past their prime and hardly resembled Showtime. Sam Perkins was acquired for Benoit Benjamin the year before and was the Lakers' best big man. Vlade Divac was a young, serviceable center and did darn well considering he was the successor to Kareem. The Lakers took Game 1 in Chicago on a Perkins game winner but the road win was actually a disservice to the Lakers.

It pissed off Jordan and Phil Jackson and that was all she wrote. MJ and company took the next four games with ease, and that was the beginning of The Dynasty.

*Side note, with regards to Magic vs Michael. Magic Johnson, throughout his career, was known as Mr. Triple-Double. Magic would seemingly have at least one or two a week for seasons on end. The 1991 NBA Finals was a passing of the torch and boy did Jordan show the world how great he was. For many years, MJ was known only as a scorer and a tough defender. If my memory is still sharp, I'm pretty sure that Jordan averaged more rebounds and assists than Magic for the entire Finals series, thereby proving to the world that not only was he the best scorer on earth, but he could also top the great Magic Johnson at Magic's own game.

Another reason why Michael Jordan is the GOAT.

EDIT: Michael actually didn't best Magic in rebs and asts but he came darn close. Nevertheless, in this series, Jordan showed he could do it just like Magic as well. Here are the stats for the series:

Jordan:  31.2 pts, 6.6 rebs, 11.4 asts, 2.8 stls, 1.4 blks. 55.8% FG, 50% 3-pt, 85% FT - straight up DOMINANT (led his team in every category except for rebounds)
Magic: 18.8 pts, 8.0 rebs, 12.4 asts, 1.2 stls, 43.1% FG, 28.6% 3-pt, 95.1% FT
Magic was a few games away from retirement during that series.

Finally got shipping on 1 pair, now just waiting on the 7.5. Hopefully everyone else gets their pairs soon.

Just saw this on ig
laugh.gif
Wonder what their sales are like.
Never understood why people have to cringe, insert shields and do all this excessive stuff to their shoes.  If it bothers people that much, just get a second pair.  The best you can do is wipe it, but trying to saran the sole and put steel toe inserts is stupid.

SNKS pair shipped Sunday morning

FNL shipped Sunday afternoon

NDC pair shipped last night
it amazes me that people actually got a pair from FNL. I was in the site 5 times and each time it charged my account with no confirmation email for the shoes. Then I still took me forever on Sunday to get on the site. FNL was not working for me on this release. Only good thing was Shoe palace had pairs left over and I got 1 from them and 1 from NDC. My wife tried to get a pair on her CC but NDC wouldn't allow it to happen. Weird since it's her own card.
I dunno man. I went to the direct link on FNL and got the splash page.

Kinda forgot about it and was on other tabs just doing regular internet ****

Looked randomly at the FNL tab and saw it stopped refreshing.

Added to cart and checked out. I really didnt put any effort in it

Any way my snkrs pair was originally set to be delivered thursday. UPS sent me an email that they should be here tomorrow.

Nike moving these fast lol

Ehh, got another gametime decision. I picked up the maroons last week for my sister's christmas present, but now she's been dropping a lot of hints that she wants these too. She's been asking my mom (who barely budged on buying the maroons lol, had to beg her) could she gets these and now we don't know what we should do.

Will I return the 6s and get these or just let her be, I would hate if I make the wrong decision and she ends up not liking anything. It's my last christmas with the family before I leave so it really doesn't matter what I want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom