Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

I was planning on breaking these out soon, but my trip to the mall has made me change my decision. I'm not one to really care if others are rocking the same shoe as myself, but holy ****, it's like 1 out of 3 males in the mall had these on, lol, even my gf that doesn't really notice shoes mentioned how many ppl were rockin the 11's. might have to just break out my space jams or DMP's lollll. it's a beautiful shoe, but I don't think I can wear these out, it's like a school uniform or something.

I don't think Jams will be next... These look 2 much like em. I think they will switch it up next year, and jams in 2017

I don't think Jams will be next... These look 2 much like em. I think they will switch it up next year, and jams in 2017

Have the same thought as you. Highly doubt two black based XIs release in consecutive years. Thinking cool greys or a new colorway, maybe an all red pair.

Fair point but they've been alternating new colorways and existing colorways so next year should be an existing colorway. Concords are a possibility I guess but 2011 wasn't that long ago.

I really doubt Space Jams are dropping next year especially since these are basically red jams with leather uppers.I think maybe 2017 or 2018. 9 yrs passed between '00 and '09.Then again it was the second "Christmas XI." The playoff 8s were '07. CDP XI/XII '08 started this whole tradition. They might throw a curveball and drop another new colorway or maybe cool greys even though it has only been 5 yrs. The all white silver anniversaries would've been a possibility but the legend blues just came out last year. There could be a high top concord style version of one of the old XI low colors instead of black. Honestly I would really LOVE it if they drop the DMPs again! And if it came with the DMP VI I don't think anything else would come close.

I don't want the XIs beaten to death. I am okay w/ some gimmick, but I would honestly hate seeing massive concords, cool greys, space jams on people's feet!

It may be okay if they went with some kind of commemoration color or whatever, but I hope they do not over-use the originals like they have done w/ some of the classic models. 

I've seen countless of these on people's feet this time around.  Like many, these have already been stored away to wear in the future.

So I got my 2nd pair today, and the sole on my local pair is ice, but the one I got from the east coast, buttermilk.

Definite yellowing already.

Not sure which set I'll wear first, but the iced sole, looks way better imo.

I was planning on breaking these out soon, but my trip to the mall has made me change my decision. I'm not one to really care if others are rocking the same shoe as myself, but holy ****, it's like 1 out of 3 males in the mall had these on, lol, even my gf that doesn't really notice shoes mentioned how many ppl were rockin the 11's. might have to just break out my space jams or DMP's lollll. it's a beautiful shoe, but I don't think I can wear these out, it's like a school uniform or something.

It's like that every year with the 11's, with the exception of the Gammas. Just wait a year, or two and you'll be alright G. Or, just bring em out somewhere where you'll less goin' to see someone wearing them.

You can't be goin' to your local mall... Not even a week after the release date, expecting not to see anyone rockin' em... That's when everybody's tryin' to "Flex" in them...

As far as the next year's 11 goes...

View media item 1842247

Jordan Brand, make it so....

[emoji]128521[/emoji]

Last edited:
Gonna be returning a size 6.5y in the dallas area if anybody is interested...don't kno which mall yet but it will be a finishline...will post which one when I return them

Last edited:
other ppl should not influence what you want to wear.

i am going to wait to wear these tho. i enjoy looking at these in my hands for now way too much. plus for some reason i like to wear my xii's during winter. 

1 out of 3 males? Damn where do you live?

Been shopping the last few days and I barely see anyone wearing these at the mall... I hit up about 3-4 malls. I would say I seen someone wearing them less than a handful.

Wore mine yesterday for a bit of Christmas Shopping, about 4-5 hours. Not the most comfortable first wear...

When I tried them on, I was a bit disappointed with the comfort. I haven't decided yet if I am going to keep mine yet. I like the way the look but was getting them with the hope that they would be comfortable.

When I tried them on, I was a bit disappointed with the comfort. I haven't decided yet if I am going to keep mine yet. I like the way the look but was getting them with the hope that they would be comfortable.
I've accepted the fact that any XI retro coming out will not be the most comfortable shoe.  At least they're better than the CDP breds.  Those might've been one of the least comfortable shoes I've owned....ever.

I can't believe you guys care that much about what other people are wearing. I wore mine a few times already, love the comfort on these. These have that "springiness" my 95s and 01s had. The last Christmas 11 I had were the bred 11s and those felt like bricks on feet compared to these.

I can't believe you guys care that much about what other people are wearing. I wore mine a few times already, love the comfort on these. These have that "springiness" my 95s and 01s had. The last Christmas 11 I had were the bred 11s and those felt like bricks on feet compared to these.

I've come to the realization that guys are going to have the same shoes especially popular Jordan retro's, but what sets you apart is how you match your kicks with your gear. If you and another guy have the same kicks everybody is going to look at both of you all's apparel and who rocked the kicks with apparel the best. That's why if I am going to wear Jordan or Foamposite retro my gear has to be flames. Most times my apparel overshadows the shoes. A nice Chicago Bulls starter jacket for these 72-10's or a dope hologram crewneck for the Holo foams. etc... Most guys who worry about having the same shoes as others usually can't dress and that's why they are mad.

Back
Top Bottom