JORDAN XV RETRO "OBSIDIAN" $190 March 4th 2017

And I’m simply speaking on looks.

I couldn’t tell you how comfortable 19s are because I refuse to put trash on my feet as an adult.

Admittedly so, I had flint 15s in high school as a gift from moms. Can’t remember the comfort or lack thereof. They were just the new jays at the time 🤷🏾‍♂️

As stated before, Obsidian XVs were my first pair of Jays. Older brother actually recommended to get them. So it has a good bit of sentimental value for sure.

Don't really remember the comfort, but I do know when I tried to put on the pair I currently own, it's a pain in the ***.

After wearing 14s all during 1999 to 2001, the 15 felt like you were walking on a board. To play in them was just as bad. Foot all over the place . They had zero ankle stability at all. I will still always love that design though. Comfort and stability is where the 15 fell short. My mom as well bought that shoe for me as a gift after I left the house. So the sentimental value for them is very high.

Do any of these anniversaries have sentimental value? If not which would make for good conversation at the dinner table tomorrow?
XII Gym Red (3 Years)
1637762917105.jpeg

VI Wheat (4 Years)
1637762771357.jpeg

I Low Gym Red Black (6 Years)
1637762730707.jpeg

IX Slim Jenkins (9 Years)
1637762595503.jpeg

XVI Ginger (20 Years)
1637762489574.jpeg

After wearing 14s all during 1999 to 2001, the 15 felt like you were walking on a board. To play in them was just as bad. Foot all over the place . They had zero ankle stability at all. I will still always love that design though. Comfort and stability is where the 15 fell short. My mom as well bought that shoe for me as a gift after I left the house. So the sentimental value for them is very high.
I can’t imagine how comfy the OG 14s were with the larger articulated forefoot zoom.. The retros are decent but those must’ve been heaven.

CA7B727A-0DB1-4CBD-BF54-5F77AE889D90.jpeg

Need these in my life...bot sure why jb hasn't hopped on the moc croc fad. I'm rocking my black 15 moss 2 to 3 times a week. Comfy, easy, personally I think the mocs are stylish too. 2s are also 9ne of my favorite silluettes ever, I may just have weird taste. 🤷‍♂️ 2s I think are about to be the new 1s that off white drop then j Balvin SMH hype train is coming. I still can't get a proper 2 retro SMH.

i remember REGGIE MILLER was rocking this during the game

my OG pair was totally trashed out
Reggie Miller is a god among men in Indiana, dude was the ultimate franchise player and deserved a championship more than anybody. We’ll never have anyone like him again, he was our MJ.

Had so many good shots at winning a championship, gave the bulls fits in the 98 playoffs, played the Lakers in the finals in 2000 (excellent series was very fun to watch, extremely sad they didn’t win tho).

And then again in the 2003-05 era they were very solid, and then the whole “malice at the palace” happened and it was over, just like that. So so sad for all us poor Indiana natives :frown:

I was always a bulls/MJ fan as a child because my parents were, but we always rooted for the pacers too. Whenever the Bulls and Pacers played it was like a statewide holiday. We’d go over to my uncle/cousins house (pacers fans) and watch the game. Some of my favorite childhood memories.. I don’t think any sport will ever be as big a spectacle here as the NBA was in the 90s and early 2000s. Everybody watched the Pacers, and everybody loved Reggie Miller. Watching him and MJ compete was something I am grateful to have witnessed.

Hope someone out here is rocking these today on the fifth anniversary. Was this the most underrated release of 2017? Here’s the others.

XXXIV Infrared (2 Years)
1646405173654.jpeg

XV Obsidian (Retro) (5 Years)
1646405444743.jpeg

I High White Storm Blue (36 Years)
1646405272343.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom