Jordan XVIII Sport Royal Promo Sample LC and PC please

These are legit wear test samples IMHO. Samples that are size 9 are usually "look see samples" because a size 9 looks best aesthetically speaking...I have seen a few of these 18 samples before somewhere..Ill try to find a link for you.

Even being legit these will not be worth a grip..18s didn't do well to begin with so a sample of them shouldn't be expected to sky rocket in price. Do you have the box or any paperwork etc?? This will make them a tad more valuable IMO...

Used OGs go for about $140 with box etc. These I would price around the $180-$200 Mark.

@Firepower what do you think here?

These are legit wear test samples IMHO. Samples that are size 9 are usually "look see samples" because a size 9 looks best aesthetically speaking...I have seen a few of these 18 samples before somewhere..Ill try to find a link for you.

Even being legit these will not be worth a grip..18s didn't do well to begin with so a sample of them shouldn't be expected to sky rocket in price. Do you have the box or any paperwork etc?? This will make them a tad more valuable IMO...

Used OGs go for about $140 with box etc. These I would price around the $180-$200 Mark.

@Firepower what do you think here?
knows his stuff repped

Here is the article i mentioned on the XVIII samples..http://sneakernews.com/2009/09/19/air-jordan-xviii-18-samples-comparison/

Ok so after seeing the article again and thinking about it a little more... I do have a few concerns now.. 

1- The tag is heat sealed like the newer pairs made after somewhere like 05' 06' cant remember exactly. Back when this shoe was supposedly made they stitched the tags on as you can see in the pics in the article.

2- The SAMPLE branding on the inside of the shoe worries me as well. Im not 100% on this but I do not think older samples came this way..

So now Im kinda back on the fence here..

@Firepower  we need some insight from the OG head... 

Last edited:
They're definitely legit, but I honestly don't know about what sort of price they would fetch. I'd tentatively say over $200 though.

Tag & sample brand are fine Timmy, that style of tag is actually the norm for XVIIIs... it's the tag in the sneakernews link that got changed.

Last edited:
They're definitely legit, but I honestly don't know about what sort of price they would fetch. I'd tentatively say over $200 though.

Tag & sample brand are fine Timmy, that style of tag is actually the norm for XVIIIs... it's the tag in the sneakernews link that got changed.
good ish brother. Repped.

legit for sure, if they are DS you MIGHT get $240-250 with box. without box price comes down a lot. samples like said don't mean much unless it is a prototype sample that is different from the release or a cw exclusive to players. one + for this pair is that it is made in Taiwan, so the quality will be a lot better than the made in China regular release version and can be one of your selling point.

Thanks so much guys, really apprreciate it. Funny thing is i bought this from a thrift shop worth 50$. Some say it might be MJ's game worn perhaps? Because of the size and the date in the tag 12-25-01
View media item 1220153

It did cross my mind and it's definitely a possibility, I have seen a pair of XVIIs with a similar tag, with the blue marker writing underneath... 

http://sneakernews.com/2012/08/05/air-jordan-xvii-game-worn-autographed-michael-jordan-sample/

Only thing that's bugging me now is that the production date is only one day out, hard to imagine them making the 17s and then making the 18s one day after, but who knows? 

I think your best bet is to ask in the PE thread and see if anyone there knows, this is way beyond my expertise lol.

http://niketalk.com/t/326593/new-player-exclusive-promo-thread

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom