Jordan XX3 Retro?

Picked up the Chicago pair from Nike factory store today for $90. After 30% off extra.
So how is the leather? 

Good, genuine tumbled leather? Or pleather? 

For size 9.5 do toes feel tight? 

I used to live in  Skokie IL 60077

16 miles to Chicago, CHI-CITY doesn't bother me 

One thing great about Air Jordans is that genuine leather is present  

Air Max LeBrons are all synthetic material and mesh .......going to buy a pair LeBron 10 lows anyway 

BTW Motorsport 4s seemed to be sitting 

Last edited:
I'm thinking about copping a pair. I have a normal foot and all my Jordans have fit TTS except for one... the 17 Coppers fit like they were 1 - 1.5 sizes too small. I had to fight with Nike to take them back, because I waited so long to return them, but they eventually did take them back. Since I will be copping from a reseller years after release I don't want to get stuck.

Normal footers, should I go TTS or should I go up .5 or 1.0 sizes?

All of my 23's have been falling apart one after the other the last 3 years...it hurts. Wether they were deadstock for about 9-10 years or on worn a few times per year since purchase, but well taken care of and still in near perfect condition, the outsoles on every one of 'em came unglued after playing basketball in them.

I remember the xx3 and JB with their ''condidered'' approach that was not supposed to affect performance, comfort or durability negatively...yeah so much for durability as they have been my shortest lasting J's of all, sad. JB aimed at minimizing the use of toxic solvent-based cements and all...great idea, but I guess they went a little bit too far in that direction, unfortunately.

I really hope they will retro in these 3 OG colors: 1)stealth, 2)white and red(which I wore twice!!) 3)white/titanium/university blue (which I wore ONLY once!)
so I can replace mine AND most of all, they MUST use better glue this time!!

If they ever do retro, I will wear them from day one this time, like I do with pretty much all my shoes now. I don't ever want this to happen again and I've had way too many Air Maxes and Jordans from around that time period(maybe a 5 year span) failing after only 1,2 or 3 wears and being less than 10 years old shoes, most of the time shors were DS before failing...aaaargh painful just to share the experience.

That being said, I'd take pretty much any xx3 colorway as these are some of my favourite J's of all time.

XX3s absolutely deserve retro treatment but were talking premium quality.
From what i remember they were expensive to manufacture and anyone being honest knows nike is not for quality anymore so its doubtful even if they do return itll just be for entry cashin and not actually producing something that lives up to the OG.

20220617_102255.jpg

Remember the Cs and Allen absolutely nuking our hopes of a title in these beauties.
Kobe Lakers love aside i was genuinely happy for them and would love to see these get gen release.

I owned the finales and the materials could have been better. In my opinion some quality leather would have made them grail worthy. That ashy felt just wasn’t it.

Homeboy is actually irked that a got dayum 15 year old shoe fell apart when he balled in em…

:wow::lol:
yo chill out bro', better ball in them once or twice than never vs shoes crumbling in a box just for the sake of collecting, that's been my own personal conclusion, so yeah I wear all my shoes now and I fully accept the risks, just would have liked them holding up at least a few more wears at the least, that's it. Don't care about value, reselling ot any of that. All I care about is rocking shoes I love and experience them on court as much as I can.

So in retrospec it hurts in a way yeah, I'm just stating fact but I'm not losing sleep over it since I know pretty much what to expect when I chose to unDS my shoes, don't worry. Whatever happens I can deal with it now that I've been aware of the issue for how many years now but back then nobody knew yet and people used to stock on shoes for future time.

For me part of the idea at the start and part of the fun as well was to/ now is telling my 13 year old son which now wears my shoe size:''here pick a box and open it, take whatever one you like and wear it at practice today so you can experience what this shoe feels like/was like when it originally came out''. I got so many boxes piled up, sometimes I don't even ''remember'' so it's always fun rediscovering some old treasures together while doing that.

Just sharing' my experience so nobody does the same mistake of not wearing your kicks and xx3's seem especially more prone to falling apart faster than any other J's. Just hoping retroes will use better quality glue so people can enjoy wearing their favorite shoes for longer than I have that's all.

Peace

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom