Jordan XX8 SE vs. Jordan SuperFly II PO

I'm gearing up for another season of ball this year.  I've looked around online and these two options seem like pretty solid shoes for a reasonable price - the Superfly's are $99 on Eastbay, and the XX8's are $$119.  Not much difference in price, but based on the expertise here can anyone recommend one over the other?  I'm a 5'10, 180 lbs. guard so I don't need a bulky shoe.  I use size 11, not too narrow or too wide.  I've heard of issues with the air bags popping, but hopefully its not a sure thing and Eastbay would likely replace if it happened pretty quickly.  

Any recommendations would help.  

Versions I'm looking at are in the colours below.  

If you play more on your toes I would go with the Superfly 2s, if you heel strike often, then the Jordan 28s have heel Zoom. Other than that the forefoot cushioning on both is very similar. Oh and btw if you wear an 11 in Nikes I would go a half size down since they both run a half size big lengthwise.

Thanks for the feedback.  Leaning towards the Superflys as I hit with my toes first.  I'm a solid 11, even 11.5 for some, so I'm leaning towards the 11.  I tried on a 10.5 Superfly 2 (not the PO) and the 10.5 and 11's both worked, though I thought in the 10.5's my toes might be grinding into the shoes a bit much for my preference. 

Only concern was the Superfly's might be too bulky, they're a signature Blake Griffin shoe, but they seem fine for a guard.

General question, when wearing basketball shoes do you guys like to have your toes almost touching the front of the shoe, or do you like a bit of room? How much room?  I like a tiny bit of room instead of a lot of room, so on second thought actually thinking of going with the 10.5 instead of my usual 11's in the the XX8s.  

The Superflys appear to be bulky but they're def not. They're lighter then the XX8 SEs too. But I'd personally go for the XX8 SEs because I've heard such positive feedback on those.

I would say just go a half size down from what you get in Nikes on the 28 SEs. The 28s SEs do run a half size big lengthwise but the have a thick heel padding and inner sleeve that makes the toebox fit more snug than Superfly 2s so going down a full size might make them too tight. But you might be able to do it on the Superfly 2s but personally I don't think that would work for me since I prefer more wiggle room.

Last edited:
General question, when wearing basketball shoes do you guys like to have your toes almost touching the front of the shoe, or do you like a bit of room? How much room?  I like a tiny bit of room instead of a lot of room, so on second thought actually thinking of going with the 10.5 instead of my usual 11's in the the XX8s.  

If your toes are touching the tip of the shoes they are too small for you. Always leave room in front of your toes.

Back
Top Bottom