Junior seau involved in shooting

Shocking news. I remember rocking my blue and black Nike Air Missions with pride in the 7th grade. I was elated when my Niners won the Super Bowl in 94, but was sad that Junior had to lose on the field. 
Also, I think that this will be the end of the NFL as we know it. Similar to how it took Magic getting HIV to shine a bright light on HIV/AIDS awareness, the suicide of a player of Seau's caliber and popularity could really get laypersons interested in the concussion/CTE litigation in the pipeline. Read this Grantland piece for an interesting perspective on things:

http://www.grantland.com/...onomic-look-end-football

RIP #55 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

^ I favorites that article on Twitter the other day and forgot to read it, nice reminder bijald.

RIP Seau.
tired.gif

You should use the service Pocket.

What? 
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Just saw the clip with his mother at the presser.
tired.gif
frown.gif

RIP.
tired.gif

I feel for those in Juniors family who are directly affected, but since I do condone suicide I'm not mad at him.

And I agree the NFL will eventually be a thing of the past. The game is getting faster, players are getting stronger, and colisions are just going to keep getting harder. As much as I would hate for it to happen, I think a player is going to die either on the field or as a result of an injury that occured in game, causing DRASTIC changes or the end of the league as we know it.

Originally Posted by Dr Mantis Toboggan

Shocking news. I remember rocking my blue and black Nike Air Missions with pride in the 7th grade. I was elated when my Niners won the Super Bowl in 94, but was sad that Junior had to lose on the field. 
Also, I think that this will be the end of the NFL as we know it. Similar to how it took Magic getting HIV to shine a bright light on HIV/AIDS awareness, the suicide of a player of Seau's caliber and popularity could really get laypersons interested in the concussion/CTE litigation in the pipeline. Read this Grantland piece for an interesting perspective on things:

http://www.grantland.com/...onomic-look-end-football

RIP #55 
frown.gif

No doubt. we used to just callem Seau's

They were so dope

Originally Posted by B0SsTyCoON

RIP from Raider Nation.

The Oakland Raiders @RAIDERS
We are deeply saddened by the news of the passing of Junior Seau. Junior’s great passion, intensity and love for the game were evident every time he stepped on the football field. He was a formidable competitor who left an indelible mark on the game of football. We extend our most sincere condolences to his family and the Charger organization.

For 20 years Junior Seau was a professional both on & off the field. I grew up watching dude beast every Sunday. Like someone else said, I was ecstatic when my Niners won the Super Bowl in 95', but was also sad because Junior lost. Junior will always be one of my favorite players to ever put on a helmet. A class act all the way. No doubt in my mind playing football for all those years, taking hits to the head constantly, etc. played a role in Junior taking his own life. Very sad day today. If it was indeed a suicide, I hope your mind is at peace now #55. R.I.P. 
frown.gif

This @%*% is crazy, just saw him a couple of weeks ago...
30t6p3b.gif
 It was good to see him on campus, he looked happy as hell too.
Must've been fighting some huge demons behind closed doors.  RIP

I've mentioned before, the only way to eliminate head injuries is to chuck the helmets.  I don't care how much padding you put in a helmet, head injuries are going to happen.

The NFL is going to change, and it might not be for the best... as a fan.  I think it is definitely at it's peak in terms of popularity, because I don't think people will like the changes that are coming.  Will it trickle down to CFB and HS?  

There are tons of factors, changing equipment, losing some protective equipment so players don't feel invicible, changing S&C programs to make players smaller.  Let's face it, a big problem nowadays is that NFL players are like machines.  250lb guys running sub 4.5 40's...it's amazing but it's also very dangerous.

I really don't have a lot of info, but aren't there colleges in the Northeast starting football leagues with weight limits?  

These guys are just too #$$*%#! big nowadays.  No amount of equipment will protect you from that, equipment is better nowadays but so are players.

There are no machines or weight set to workout the brain/head.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

tired.gif
@ listening to Junior Seau's mother, had me on the verge of tears.

Tears were shed, so sad man. Just the fact his mom was rambling on not knowing where her talk was going, but you can see every few moments she realized her son was gone. One of the sadder things i've seen on ESPN by far...RIP Junior the great...
I seriously had to turn from T.V
30t6p3b.gif

This could get real bad the league.

DVR for the web. Saves articles foe later and for offline use. It's free now. Used to be called Read It Later.

Back
Top Bottom