Just dropping off some info for 2015 you guys may or may not know...

If the retro 3 88 fetched a $200 tag for NA on the back imagine how much jb is gonna charge for NA on the back of a remastered pair... Probably going to be the same price as a pack between the $350-$500 range
Lol JB has been known to come up with some crazy marketing schemes just to push the sale of the shoe... Like hey we are going to sell this retro 5 with NA on the back, now the quality is crap still but we made the NA look just like the original NA back in 85. Basically we remastered the NA and will be charging you $275
Don't give JB any price raising ideas lol they might be watching the forums
mean.gif

Nobody mentions price increases, you mention it twice, then you follow up with don't give them any ideas of raising the price.  To boot someone reps you for this.

SMH WTF

Yea JB trying to make people go broke LITERALLY next year

im probably in the minority but im really really really looking forward to cool grey release. such a clean shoe all around
You aren't alone Ive been wanting that shoe since I started this hobby of mine and have always wanted to have a brand new pair

Im calling it right now...the 11 for this year will be white upper Red pat or red soles with red hints...doubt theyll do an all red 11 unless its in a pack...which has me thinkin now that they will do just like this year and do an all red 11 pack/Aj XXX with a regular gr release of a retro+ colorway..white red 11's will be a win in anybodys book...trust p
Ugh, what you just said makes sense, and pisses me off.  No more damn packs JB

Toro 5s would be a must. 2015 looking to be an expensive year. Hopefully Jb gives us an eleven like the history of flights.
na we just got an all white upper with the legend blue this year.. would rather the all red or a different option

Ugh, what you just said makes sense, and pisses me off.  No more damn packs JB

I have mixed feelings about packs. I mean of course I don't want a repeat of that Brazil Pack or the infamous "Gift of Flight" Pack. But, I loved the Golden Moment's Pack and the Countdown Packs that had two dope shoe's or a now high resale priced shoe like an XI for example. The one major drawback about packs that makes me not want them in the current shoe era we're in and going forward is that even if a pack includes two dope shoe's if you strikeout you strikeout.

I have mixed feelings about packs. I mean of course I don't want a repeat of that Brazil Pack or the infamous "Gift of Flight" Pack. But, I loved the Golden Moment's Pack and the Countdown Packs that had two dope shoe's or a now high resale priced shoe like an XI for example. The one major drawback about packs that makes me not want them in the current shoe era we're in and going forward is that even if a pack includes two dope shoe's if you strikeout you strikeout.
Even if it's two dope shoes, the pack makes no sense to me.  Why not just drop the shoes separated so if someone doesn't feel one pair, they're not forced to buy.  On top of that, because it's a pack JB adds a markup to the price which forces people who want the shoes to not only by two (if they dislike one pair), but to pay over retail if they were separate.  The concept of a pack is fine, but JB just screws their customers with the way they execute it.

Even if it's two dope shoes, the pack makes no sense to me.  Why not just drop the shoes separated so if someone doesn't feel one pair, they're not forced to buy.  On top of that, because it's a pack JB adds a markup to the price which forces people who want the shoes to not only by two (if they dislike one pair), but to pay over retail if they were separate.  The concept of a pack is fine, but JB just screws their customers with the way they execute it.

That's what I'm saying though, if JB is in the business of screwing the customer and forcing them to buy a pair they aren't feeling then I'm against packs. In this current state of shoe buying I'm all against packs as well, but there was a period where at least in my opinion I loved a good amount of the packs that were releasing at the price point of $350 I believe? That's another issue, it isn't easy to drop $500+ on a single weekend on shoe's.

All I know is.. Nobody bats 1.0000%..
I'm still waiting for Black cat 4s.. Aqua 8s.. Black/Red 11 lows.. Etc..

The 3 definitely benefits the most of the earliest models from remastering due to the midsole process. In the early days the sole was dyed and then painted and chipping was way less noticeable. Now they have just painted it.
Are you suggesting they are going back to the old styled midsoles? Open-celled polyurethane and everything?

Thanks for the info, OP! I mentioned in the columbia thread that i was hoping the cool grey IVs would make a return, so with your info I will be hoping for some confirmation later. Oreo IVs first!

That's mainly cause those blogs that confirm those drops don't always have concrete sources. The aqua 8s were confirmed for sure cause they were in the company launch list but something changed. Same with Lightning IVs. The bred 11 lows drop this summer along with the georgetown lows.

I heard some rumblings about that red XI as well for next Holiday 2015. We will see! As far as the XX goes, that price increase is justified. Paid like $185 for mine when they released almost a decade agoView media item 1322363

Last edited:

Things always change so nobody will have a perfect batting average. If you got .400-.500 with news it is rock solid info in my book.

From what I seen the 7s have the throwback mold. The collar is less pointy like the 2004, 2006 versions but I definitely will inspect them when we get them in.

Appreciate all the responses and topnotch info gr8erade gr8erade

Im a little confused by this tho
Is the "Throwback mold" referring to the superior shape of the 04/06 VII compared to more recent VII's?
And if the 2015 VII's have the better older shape, do they also have the smaller rolled toe-box instead of the Boot toe?

No chrome 8s. They will probably be shelved until the year of fhe 8.

I'll have more info on the 7 mold in a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom