Just got a Sony Vaio.....Did I get a good deal?

I didn't look at it but the title reminded me of this advice column article I read a bit ago that talked about what you would say to the old you.

One Christmas at the very beginning of your twenties when your mother gives you a warm coat that she saved for months to buy, don’t look at her skeptically after she tells you she thought the coat was perfect for you. Don’t hold it up and say it’s longer than you like your coats to be and too puffy and possibly even too warm. Your mother will be dead by spring. That coat will be the last gift she gave you. You will regret the small thing you didn’t say for the rest of your life.

I didn't look at it but the title reminded me of this advice column article I read a bit ago that talked about what you would say to the old you.

One Christmas at the very beginning of your twenties when your mother gives you a warm coat that she saved for months to buy, don’t look at her skeptically after she tells you she thought the coat was perfect for you. Don’t hold it up and say it’s longer than you like your coats to be and too puffy and possibly even too warm. Your mother will be dead by spring. That coat will be the last gift she gave you. You will regret the small thing you didn’t say for the rest of your life.

It's a decent deal.  Personally, I would never get a 17" laptop because they're way too big to carry anywhere and I'm assuming the battery life won't last that long with a screen that big.  17" laptops are usually bargains and if you don't need a fast processor or something too portable I think you got a decent deal.

It's a decent deal.  Personally, I would never get a 17" laptop because they're way too big to carry anywhere and I'm assuming the battery life won't last that long with a screen that big.  17" laptops are usually bargains and if you don't need a fast processor or something too portable I think you got a decent deal.

17" is ridiculously large, hard to carry around, and won't fit in anything. pause.

i hope this isn't for college.

17" is ridiculously large, hard to carry around, and won't fit in anything. pause.

i hope this isn't for college.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

meh, kinda weak processor for the price but everything else is good. 
and +1 at people saying 17 is too big to carry around. a 13-15 is about right for college

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

meh, kinda weak processor for the price but everything else is good. 
and +1 at people saying 17 is too big to carry around. a 13-15 is about right for college

Originally Posted by CampbellSoup

Anyone else? Any input would be great.

That is is a terrible deal. The processor is weak as hell. Lapotp is worth no more that 400-500 dollars.

Take a look at these laptops with advance intel processors and more ram and hdd you can get at best buy at $600 price point you can get.
http://www.bestbuy.com/si...ductString=1218351657801

Out of all 4 of them i showed you the ASUS comes out on top. In terms of speed and build quality.

That is is a terrible deal. The processor is weak as hell. Lapotp is worth no more that 400-500 dollars.

Take a look at these laptops with advance intel processors and more ram and hdd you can get at best buy at $600 price point you can get.

Out of all 4 of them i showed you the ASUS comes out on top. In terms of speed and build quality.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

I want to look at that, but the link doesn't work. Can you post the product numbers or w/e?

I want to look at that, but the link doesn't work. Can you post the product numbers or w/e?

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Asus (sku#2712418)

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Asus (sku#2712418)

Back
Top Bottom