Just saw an article, Footlocker sees increase in sales- Finishline has loss- DUH

Are people really surprised by this? Footlocker is a basketball company, Finishline is a running store -

Last night watched the 3point contest sponsored by Footlocker.... What is ever sponsored by finishline?

I go to whatever store has the Js on release date, do non SNHEADS go into every store when shopping for kicks?

Footlocker lets me get in and out when copin kicks, foot action gets my biz once in a great while, Finishline is more like a " if footlocker sold out store"

My girl buys her frees from finishline though - and not lady footlocker - idk why she just does,

What store y'all go to and why? Pros and cons of the stores?

And I hate all the stores trying to sell me extra *****, I usually try and grab a new pair of socks with every shoe, unless they try to " upsell" me, then I don't buy nothing extra -

I always like the layout of the Finish Line store over Foot Locker.

I almost never buy sneakers at a brick and mortar store anymore unless it's a discount store like an outlet or Nordstrom Rack. I do order stuff often from the Footlocker website.

The HOH Footlocker in San Diego (Fashion Valley Mall) is pretty dope even though they never have a size 14 in anything. smh

Definitely has a huge selection and the basketball section is crazy. Copped my daughters some Lebrons yesterday. Will buy from again.

Last edited:
I go to whoever has what I'm looking for. But Finishline is runner friendly so they're probably the only one who carries certain AM's in the area so I try to get everything else there if possible, WC FTW.

I prefer Champs.They put stuff on sale quicker, and the selection in Nike clothing is bananas.
this, couldnt have said it better

Are people really surprised by this?

And I hate all the stores trying to sell me extra *****, I usually try and grab a new pair of socks with every shoe, unless they try to " upsell" me, then I don't buy nothing extra -
this also, if youre pestering me, im not going to even get the socks i want and maybe a t from the 5-10$ rack, but if youre pestering me im just getting the shoes and dipping
im not surprised by footlocker doing better, but i am surprised at fnl losing, they get crazy business

man **** finishline

was following them for like a week after the concord re stock cuz they kept sayin they have more surprises, it ended up being some bs

dude who ran the twitter was lame too

i just copped my girl some pink air max 2013s from finishline last night.

I spent close to 7k in one FNL store in 2012. Only time I don't shop there is when I'm buying Kobe's or foams.

And I remember reading that FNL saw a dip in sales when they switched the site format. It was mad confusing and that's why they switched it back.

Last edited:
Finishline. The $20 Winner Circle helps a little, but the main thing is I can never add to cart online using footlocker, eastbay, footaction.

I prefer Champs.They put stuff on sale quicker, and the selection in Nike clothing is bananas.

and Champs is a division of Footlocker so they win either way lol.

I feel like stuff in Finishline goes on sale wayyyyy faster than any Footlocker or Footlocker affiliate because I'm pretty sure they don't have the same RTV deal with Nike that Footlocker has.

I could be wrong on that though.

FTA and FTL for me, but then again, I always get everything from Nike Employee. 

In my area, the finishline gets more retros than footlocker. Footlocker is laughable, they have 10 displays of the same shoe to fill their wall with their limited and crappy inventory. Ever since Nike stopped sending retros to footlocker many years ago the one by me has sucked. I know that ban was lifted but the store is still awful.

Seems like some people aren't aware how huge Footlocker Corporation is Footlocker/Eastbay/Footaction/Champs ....they're almost 4,000 footlockers store alone vs 600+ Finishline stores.

Seems like some people aren't aware how huge Footlocker Corporation is Footlocker/Eastbay/Footaction/Champs ....they're almost 4,000 footlockers store alone vs 600+ Finishline stores.
Also, as far as I know Finish Line is only in the States. There are Foot Lockers/Champs in Canada and Europe as well.

Was gonna post this. Finishline.com has been very good to me :nthat: too bad most retail stores near me have closed.

Last edited:
they just closed a FTL in the mall by me.. i would have thought they were doing worse than FNL

Back
Top Bottom