Just wanted to share w/ everyone what I've been up to: Mac Miller & Big Sean at UVA (Pics/Video)

(Cliffnotes below)

Whaddup NT fam,

I haven't been around the forums (I'm a stranger to the music forum, so it's ok if you have no idea who I am) lately 'cus I'm no longer 12 years old, but rather almost 20 and in college trying to do big and crazy things.
laugh.gif

I just wanted to take a second to share with everyone what a group of 13 kids achieved because we're really proud of what we did.

I, along with a crew of my friends, started an organization at my school, the University of Virginia, called "The Student Hip-Hop Organization"(originally started at VCU in Richmond) in which we promote to the community "higher learning through hip-hop". Our first big move to show our presence on campus was to have a concert before any type of interest meeting.

After nearly 5 months of planning, countless emails, phone calls, fundraising, and random stuff I never knew existed, our final product was The "G.O.O.D.K.I.D.S." Concert featuring Mac Miller and Big Sean on 12/4/10.

From the entire experience, the knowledge I gathered:
- Running a concert is a lot of work, a lot of respect to all the concert venues, clubs, and school programming boards who do this year-round.
- Big Sean is one of the most down to earth people I've ever met. From picking him up from the airport to the end of the night, he was always relaxed and friendly.
- Mac Miller and his crew are a little big headed with their recent success. The whole time chopping it up with them during the concert, there were signs of douchebaggery, but afterwards they decided to show up at our afterparty and they were cool dudes (probably because of all the free alcohol and women).

If anyone has any questions about the process of running concerts and/or trying to bring artists to your school, I'll be happy to answer.

Our "official" video documenting the events on the day of the concert (better quality if you click HD):

(Video done by Ahad Subzwari)
(Yes, I'm the Asian kid speaking in the middle of the video. I sound kind of like an idiot, but that's after some drinks and
pimp.gif
with Sean. Also, for the shoe fiends, I wore White/Cement IIIs
nerd.gif
)

Pics from our press staff:

20101204-DSC_0850.jpg

(Duy Nguyen with theworstkids & VCU SHHO)

5236500781_341988016e_b.jpg

5237073986_f8d548c2df_b.jpg

(Josh Overton, JSOphoto)

Thanks for reading. And again, if anyone has questions or anything, feel free to leave them here. Our organization has a lot of potential and a lot of big ideas and moves for the future, be on the lookout if you're from VA!

Peace and love to my NT fam,
JF32

Cliffnotes:
- I started a hip-hop organization at my school with my friends
- We brought Mac Miller and Big Sean out for a concert
- Pics and videos above
- Ask me about how to bring artists to your school and how to run a concert if you have any questions

P.S. - Show some love and "like" us on Facebook.
P.P.S. - If this doesn't belong in the Music forum, or another thread, or anything of that matter, feel free to lock it up or move it.

(Cliffnotes below)

Whaddup NT fam,

I haven't been around the forums (I'm a stranger to the music forum, so it's ok if you have no idea who I am) lately 'cus I'm no longer 12 years old, but rather almost 20 and in college trying to do big and crazy things.
laugh.gif

I just wanted to take a second to share with everyone what a group of 13 kids achieved because we're really proud of what we did.

I, along with a crew of my friends, started an organization at my school, the University of Virginia, called "The Student Hip-Hop Organization"(originally started at VCU in Richmond) in which we promote to the community "higher learning through hip-hop". Our first big move to show our presence on campus was to have a concert before any type of interest meeting.

After nearly 5 months of planning, countless emails, phone calls, fundraising, and random stuff I never knew existed, our final product was The "G.O.O.D.K.I.D.S." Concert featuring Mac Miller and Big Sean on 12/4/10.

From the entire experience, the knowledge I gathered:
- Running a concert is a lot of work, a lot of respect to all the concert venues, clubs, and school programming boards who do this year-round.
- Big Sean is one of the most down to earth people I've ever met. From picking him up from the airport to the end of the night, he was always relaxed and friendly.
- Mac Miller and his crew are a little big headed with their recent success. The whole time chopping it up with them during the concert, there were signs of douchebaggery, but afterwards they decided to show up at our afterparty and they were cool dudes (probably because of all the free alcohol and women).

If anyone has any questions about the process of running concerts and/or trying to bring artists to your school, I'll be happy to answer.

Our "official" video documenting the events on the day of the concert (better quality if you click HD):

(Video done by Ahad Subzwari)
(Yes, I'm the Asian kid speaking in the middle of the video. I sound kind of like an idiot, but that's after some drinks and
pimp.gif
with Sean. Also, for the shoe fiends, I wore White/Cement IIIs
nerd.gif
)

Pics from our press staff:

20101204-DSC_0850.jpg

(Duy Nguyen with theworstkids & VCU SHHO)

5236500781_341988016e_b.jpg

5237073986_f8d548c2df_b.jpg

(Josh Overton, JSOphoto)

Thanks for reading. And again, if anyone has questions or anything, feel free to leave them here. Our organization has a lot of potential and a lot of big ideas and moves for the future, be on the lookout if you're from VA!

Peace and love to my NT fam,
JF32

Cliffnotes:
- I started a hip-hop organization at my school with my friends
- We brought Mac Miller and Big Sean out for a concert
- Pics and videos above
- Ask me about how to bring artists to your school and how to run a concert if you have any questions

P.S. - Show some love and "like" us on Facebook.
P.P.S. - If this doesn't belong in the Music forum, or another thread, or anything of that matter, feel free to lock it up or move it.

You've been tweeting about it every minute for the past 5 months, so congrats.
laugh.gif

I've heard the same about Mac's entourage.

You've been tweeting about it every minute for the past 5 months, so congrats.
laugh.gif

I've heard the same about Mac's entourage.

Man thanks for posting this. Glad to see Big Sean is a humble %$% dude, I've heard that from multiple sources and I now wish him the best in his career.

Also, props to you for getting something like this set up. Taking action in college and doing more than the average student is very admirable, I hope you guys continue to get bigger and keep up the hard work.

PS What's the story with baby at ~5:30 in the video? She's
pimp.gif

Man thanks for posting this. Glad to see Big Sean is a humble %$% dude, I've heard that from multiple sources and I now wish him the best in his career.

Also, props to you for getting something like this set up. Taking action in college and doing more than the average student is very admirable, I hope you guys continue to get bigger and keep up the hard work.

PS What's the story with baby at ~5:30 in the video? She's
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

not surprised to hear about Miller, must be a Rostrum/Taylor Gang requirement...
You held a concert for Wiz right?  Was he an %#$ in person? 

not surprised to hear about Miller, must be a Rostrum/Taylor Gang requirement...

Shouts to everyone that took the time to read all the points about the show and watch the video. A lot of work went into all of this, and the more support we get the more we can do in the future.

Shouts to everyone that took the time to read all the points about the show and watch the video. A lot of work went into all of this, and the more support we get the more we can do in the future.

Big Sean
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dude is eassssssssily one of the more talented new cats out, always seems humble despite the whole rap game jackin' his flow, especially the whole YM crew but I hope he blows up could he's definitely been puttin in work and droppin quality music/verses every time he gets the chance. (sh**...his line from "made" been in my sig for over 6 months now)

Big Sean
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dude is eassssssssily one of the more talented new cats out, always seems humble despite the whole rap game jackin' his flow, especially the whole YM crew but I hope he blows up could he's definitely been puttin in work and droppin quality music/verses every time he gets the chance. (sh**...his line from "made" been in my sig for over 6 months now)

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

Big Sean
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dude is eassssssssily one of the more talented new cats out, always seems humble despite the whole rap game jackin' his flow, especially the whole YM crew but I hope he blows up could he's definitely been puttin in work and droppin quality music/verses every time he gets the chance. (sh**...his line from "lemonade" been in my sig for over 6 months now)

That line's from "Made" son

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

Big Sean
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dude is eassssssssily one of the more talented new cats out, always seems humble despite the whole rap game jackin' his flow, especially the whole YM crew but I hope he blows up could he's definitely been puttin in work and droppin quality music/verses every time he gets the chance. (sh**...his line from "lemonade" been in my sig for over 6 months now)

That line's from "Made" son

Originally Posted by D723

technically he wasn't an %%$ since he ignored everyone there, but some of his entourage were $#*@$+#@...no names.

and to OP, you guys are lucky you had 13 people, imagine doing that #*$% by yourself...
laugh.gif
i don't know how i did it...

Came close to doing a show with Sean in January, i think i'll follow through later in the year...

Originally Posted by D723

technically he wasn't an %%$ since he ignored everyone there, but some of his entourage were $#*@$+#@...no names.

and to OP, you guys are lucky you had 13 people, imagine doing that #*$% by yourself...
laugh.gif
i don't know how i did it...

Came close to doing a show with Sean in January, i think i'll follow through later in the year...

Man, I been hearing things about Mac, too.

I reconsidered buying tickets to his show in a few weeks, but the girl I'm going with is ultra stoked to go so I'm stuck.

grin.gif

Good %%%# tho, JFreak..

Man, I been hearing things about Mac, too.

I reconsidered buying tickets to his show in a few weeks, but the girl I'm going with is ultra stoked to go so I'm stuck.

grin.gif

Good %%%# tho, JFreak..

Damn Mac's rep is that bad??? Personally, I don't really think he's all that amazing but whatever.

Back
Top Bottom