Kanye West $53 Million in Debt ... "Mark Zuckerberg HELP !!

Pharrell had no problem launching BBC/Ice Cream

Just more excuses for Yeezy and his genius, he was just ahead of his time I guess

Look I'm grateful for Kayne's arrogance.

If Kayne were like you he would have never started rapping, since everyone told him he was just a producer. :lol:

Its the audacity and arrogance often necessary to be a trail blazer.

alos bbc is streatwear, a different proposition than what Kanye is trying to do.

I think it's clear as day that certain people in here just don't want to give a man his credit for anything. If we take Kanye's name & celebrity out of this and focused on what's been done in the past 8 years, people would have no problem giving him his just due.

But it's the fact that it is Kanye, It is a insurmountable amount of media coverage, it is him doing things they don't like & no matter how much they say they dislike it... they are glued in to every single move like someone who is a fan.

What they fail to realize is that despite how much they try to downplay what he's done.. the results are still showing and his brand just keeps getting larger and larger.
i'll agree with this. people just don't like kanye so they try to discredit him any way they can. 

actually this is done with everyone especially celebrities.

So there are plenty of times I walked in to marshals tj maxx, and saw givenchy and Versace dress shirts. Diesel jeans,All down from 350+ to about 100.

Maybe these outlets handle b grade quality I'm not sure, but I'm sure that items going on sale from a brand does not mean it is not doing well.

Only brand I have ever known in my life to sell, and sell out, season after season is SUPREME. They don't have a Kanye- like spokesman

I looked on Supremes site a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure that there was some stuff on sale.

Everything goes on sale.

but that's not it at all...

there is no denying Kanye has an influence on youth but you want to put him up there like he's Ralph Lauren because that is what he tells his disciples, I would argue that real fashion presence such as the people who put in the work for decades think Kanye West is a joke

Ty is speaking the truth. Same dudes in here as always invested in criticizing everything Ye does it sad really. How dare that black man be so arrogant how dare he think that his ideas could be profitable. Humans wanna keep you in a box & I hate to be that guy but its even more intensified when we're talking about a black man. Some of you dudes are pathetic been in threads for years going at the man like he smashed on your wife.

Its the audacity and arrogance often necessary to be a trail blazer.

That's basically people's problem with ye, They want him to be humble and he won't be. It upsets people that someone believes in themselves & their ideas that much that there willing to do whatever it takes. It's not a likable trait to REALLY be confident in yourself.

I'm just asking how is Kanye proclaiming he's can change Industry A, B or C hurting the world? why is it so upsetting to ya'll that he isn't humble?

Ty is speaking the truth. Same dudes in here as always invested in criticizing everything Ye does it sad really. How dare that black man be so arrogant how dare he think that his ideas could be profitable. Humans wanna keep you in a box & I hate to be that guy but its even more intensified when we're talking about a black man. Some of you dudes are pathetic been in threads for years going at the man like he smashed on your wife.
fax

but that's not it at all...

there is no denying Kanye has an influence on youth but you want to put him up there like he's Ralph Lauren because that is what he tells his disciples, I would argue that real fashion presence such as the people who put in the work for decades think Kanye West is a joke

and they would think that not because he hasn't worked hard, not because he hasn't invested the time, not because he hasn't designed things that people loved.... but they would say he's a joke because he's a young Celeb who doesn't fit the typical model of what a designer should be. Doesn't matter if your Kanye loud or Pharrell quiet.... Those guys at the top don't want their old values disrupted. It's like this in EVERY industry.

Those same people with "Real fashion presence" are the blood suckers who take other people's creativity, give them a check and don't allow change to come. They wanna profit off of creative people but never allow the creatives to change the system.

That's been the point of these rants all along... STOP LETTING OLD ****** WHO HAVE NO TIES TO THE CULTURE, USE AND LEECH OFF THE IDEAS OF THE NEW BLOOD, THE ATTENTION CELEBRITY BRINGS, AND NEVER WANT TO ALLOW THOSE PEOPLES IDEAS THEY USED, TO MOVE UP IN THE RANKS.

The high end Fashion industry is a billion dollar industry thousands upon thousands of designers, You know who sits atop of those billion dollar companies... old white men who refuse to let anyone not like them in those offices. whenever a force comes by that can challenge it, it's dismissed as not good enough or discredited by a bunch of Mf'ers who haven't put in any creative work in decades.

Music, Fashion, Film, Art..... all of these industries are dictated by billionaire white men who sit at the top, don't give a **** about creativity or innovation. They just collect checks and try to dampen any type of competitor who's not willing to stay in line with the money making norm.

Last edited:
and they would think that not because he hasn't worked hard, not because he hasn't invested the time, not because he hasn't designed things that people loved.... but they would say he's a joke because he's a young Celeb who doesn't fit the typical model of what a designer should be. Doesn't matter if your Kanye loud or Pharrell quiet.... Those guys at the top don't want their old values disrupted. It's like this in EVERY industry.

Those same people with "Real fashion presence" are the blood suckers who take other people's creativity, give them a check and don't allow change to come. They wanna profit off of creative people but never allow the creatives to change the system.

That's been the point of these rants all along... STOP LETTING OLD ****** WHO HAVE NO TIES TO THE CULTURE, USE AND LEECH OFF THE IDEAS OF THE NEW BLOOD, THE ATTENTION CELEBRITY BRINGS, AND NEVER WANT TO ALLOW THOSE PEOPLES IDEAS THEY USED, TO MOVE UP IN THE RANKS.

The high end Fashion industry is a billion dollar industry thousands upon thousands of designers, You know who sits atop of those billion dollar companies... old white men who refuse to let anyone not like them in those offices. whenever a force comes by that can challenge it, it's dismissed as not good enough or discredited by a bunch of Mf'ers who haven't put in any creative work in decades.

Music, Fashion, Film, Art..... all of these industries are dictated by billionaire white men who sit at the top, don't give a **** about creativity or innovation. They just collect checks and try to dampen any type of competitor who's not willing to stay in line with the money making norm.

except Pharrell has worked with top designers, they want Pharrell invested in their brands

Kanye has a strong presence among the youth where Pharrell has a strong presence over a larger audience, no doubt it comes down to Pharrell being very likeable but one is not like the other

I look at Pharrell as a true pioneer in the fashion industry and I look at Kanye as someone who strives to be that but he's not, his influence on the younger generation is there though

Why did Hedi Slimane get the position at Saint Laurent Paris instead of hiring Kanye?

the sad thing is, you are actually serious with this comment

he spent 7 years as creative director for Dior Homme, what were Kanye's qualifications?

Last edited:
except Pharrell has worked with top designers, they want Pharrell invested in their brands

Kanye has a strong presence among the youth where Pharrell has a strong presence over a larger audience, no doubt it comes down to Pharrell being very likeable but one is not like the other

I look at Pharrell as a true pioneer in the fashion industry and I look at Kanye as someone who strives to be that but he's not, his influence on the younger generation is there though

the sad thing is, you are actually serious with this comment

he spent 7 years as creative director for Dior Homme, what where Kanye's qualifications?

For as likable as Pharrell is where has that really gotten him in high end fashion? (For the last time BBC/Ice Cream is streetwear)

Where are the vast amount of collections that he's done?
what equity has he gotten out of these designer collabs?
as this pioneer that you claim he is & kanye isn't... which one of these fashion houses have named him a creative director?
which companies have allowed him to completely push a product that has his name and is actually designed by him & his team of people he wants to work with?

You claim Pharrell is a true innovator of fashion, he's more well known, an extremely nice guy... basically the opposite of Kanye, yet he's in the same position that Ye was in when he was with Nike/ LV/ APC... he's a bonafide brand endorser. There isn't anything wrong with collaborating with other designers and showing how much interest a product of yours can draw.

But at what point are you allowed to excel past that? the answer from those higher ups is NEVER,

You give all of this credit to Pharrell, discredit Ye and once again if you look at what has actually been done they are in the same boat

- Both have collabed with several high end designers
- Both have proven that they have the ability to shift what's hot in fashion
- Both have been able to incorporate their musical influences into whatever company they partner with
- Both Have received adidas deals (Kanye's however isn't just a capsule but rather an entire fashion line with fully brand new designs)

So stop pitting the two blacks in the room against eachother and realize that with all, the reach they have, all the sold out collabs they have, all the direct influence they have had on fashion, all of the ridiculous creativity they have been able to show in other artforms.... BOTH OF THEM STILL CAN'T GET A REAL POSITION OF CHANGE IN THE FASHION INDUSTRY, MEANWHILE A KID WHO DID FOUR YEARS AT A TOP FASHION SCHOOL WITH NO EXPERIENCE RUNNING A MILLION DOLLAR CORPORATION, NO EXPERIENCE BUILDING A BRAND, NO EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH TOP DESIGNERS AND CREATING HERALDED ITEMS... CAN STILL HAVE SOMEONE PROVIDE THE INFRASTRUCTURE & TAKE A RISK ON THEM BY LETTING THEM GAIN POWER IN THE COMPANY.

99.5 of these guys who are put into power happen to not be black, not be celebrities, and not be straight men, not be experienced

ALL of the stuff these two accomplished in fashion & these companies would rather fund a inexperienced young man out of university rather then people who have showed their worth in other ways. That is by design

^^^^

I think some of that is tough to say because we don't know for sure that Pharrell WANTS the same things Kanye wants.

But we know what Kanye wants because he's so vocal about it.

And my guess is Pharrell did want some ownership because he went out and bought 1/2 of G Star which will probably allow him the ability to be creative and execute some of his designs if he so chooses.

Has Pharrell ever voiced he wants to be the creative director of a high end fashion label? it seems Pharrell picks and chooses his ventures to me

I mean he just purchased half of G Star after changing around demographics of who the label catered to within the past few seasons

I can't discuss Kanye anymore, my brain hurts

#17 on TLOP

Yeah I don't think Pharrell wants to reach the goal of a high-end fashion designer. You can look at BBC/Ice Cream from inception till now and none of it has shifted to that level; it's only been refined in the lane its in.

And Ice Cream sneakers were a line through Reebok (Ice Cream Board Flip and Board Flip II).

Has Pharrell ever voiced he wants to be the creative director of a high end fashion label? it seems Pharrell picks and chooses his ventures to me

I mean he just purchased half of G Star after changing around demographics of who the label catered to within the past few seasons

I can't discuss Kanye anymore, my brain hurts

So why then would you bring up Pharrell if it's clearly possible that he has different goals, which would mean different approaches, which would lead to different results.

the results in which you just used to try and discredit Ye for not having, despite clearly stating you don't know if these two have the same ambitions.

And for the record G-star Again like every other brand that you guys have named in this thread, BBC, Ice Cream, Bape, Public School, Off White etc etc.... are not the level he's shooting at. He wants to build a collection that is on par with the likes of LV, Gucci, Fendi, Balmain, Armani etc etc...

That's not a knock on those other brands, those guys are breaking ground and making an impact also, but Ye is trying to position himself amongst the highest of the highest.

This guy Twitter rants will forever be goat :pimp: :lol:

Last edited:
I think we all know where Kanye "is trying to position himself". Point was, we don't know that about Pharrell.

Maybe the G-Star move is a step towards something greater. Where he can actually exhibit success with the creative direction of a brand that allows him to move forward to a "higher" venture.

Similar to what the Public School guys did. Start their line. Win the CFDA Award for Menswear Design in 2014. Win the International Woolmark Prize for menswear in 2015.

Then become creative directors at DKNY. And who's to say where they go from there?

Under most circumstances, that's how it works. Start small, succeed then go big.

So why then would you bring up Pharrell if it's clearly possible that he has different goals, which would mean different approaches, which would lead to different results.

the results in which you just used to try and discredit Ye for not having, despite clearly stating you don't know if these two have the same ambitions.

And for the record G-star Again like every other brand that you guys have named in this thread, BBC, Ice Cream, Bape, Public School, Off White etc etc.... are not the level he's shooting at. He wants to build a collection that is on par with the likes of LV, Gucci, Fendi, Balmain, Armani etc etc...

That's not a knock on those other brands, those guys are breaking ground and making an impact also, but Ye is trying to position himself amongst the highest of the highest.

yesterday you said Ye is aiming to have his pieces at H&M levels and now he is aiming to be up there with LV, Gucci, etc.

which is it?

yesterday you said Ye is aiming to have his pieces at H&M levels and now he is aiming to be up there with LV, Gucci, etc.

which is it?

What does one have to do with the other?

One of the things Ye was saying over and over in his rants and interviews was that he wanted that quality and brand prestige/heritage of a Ralph Lauren or Gucci at an H&M/Zara price point.

Last edited:

which is it?

What does one have to do with the other?

One of the things Ye was saying over and over in his rants and interviews was that he wanted that quality and brand prestige/heritage of a Ralph Lauren or Gucci at an H&M/Zara price point

You honestly believe that? Dude got $2000 rags selling over at Barney's and **** :lol:

You honestly believe that? Dude got $2000 rags selling over at Barney's and **** :lol:

i mean you can legitimately call Kayne delusional, erratic, emotional...

but insincere? Nah, Kanye's a lot of things but not that. :lol:

Last edited:
Seriously idk what Kanye wants with regarding to his ideal clothing line. It seems he wants his clothing to be everywhere but still have the exclusively of a high-end brand and as well he wants it affordable enough so everyone can wear it.

He claimed at his Yeezy S3 show which I attended, that the reason they cost so much now is due to him not being able to have the same resources other fashion designers have and they aren't giving him the "hook-up's" regarding factories and materials.

Back
Top Bottom