Kanye West is a Genius

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

He's the voice of this generation of this decade.

like I said before...NTers needa start living outside of NT
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by nick0lis

Originally Posted by CrimsonCloudAttire

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

I'll say one thing......He has transcended this rap s' and took it to a whole new level.

He really didn't...but at least he gave yall rap-music-only type people reason to laud him for thinking so.

People act like nobody's ever sung before
People act like nobody's ever used auto-tune before.
Or nobody's ever used synthesizer's before.

I'm a huge Kanye fan, and moreover a fan of good music...but some people need to let his nuts breathe.

i dont think he's talkin bout that. i think hes talkin about what he raps about, how he dresses, and how he acts. its just different.
Thank You..........

I think it's the simple fact that Kanye tries too hard to be different. He's like that rich herb in high school..

I'll say one thing......He has transcended this rap s' and took it to a whole new level.

He really didn't...but at least he gave yall rap-music-only type people reason to laud him for thinking so.

I'm a huge Kanye fan, and moreover a fan of good music...but some people need to let his nuts breathe.

i dont think he's talkin bout that. i think hes talkin about what he raps about, how he dresses, and how he acts. its just different.
Thank You..........
No disrespect...but how he dresses? how he acts? Who gives a %@!@ about that?

I'm not on Kanye's $%%*, and neither should you be. I don't care how he dresses, and I don't care how he acts. In fact, I don't even knowthese things unless they make the 'real people' news, cuz I don't watch videos, don't pay attention to tabloid gossip, watch awards shows, orread rap mags.

This is about music.

I just like good music, and the majority of the time Kanye makes that. 808's...not so much.

I can't wait til the vantage point of time passed offers people some better perspective with which to view this, at best, mediocre album.

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

He is a genius. And the way ppl are catching feelings in this thread is evident to that.
rider...noone is catching feelings, people just cant stand all the slurping

it's people like you who obvs. still buy garbage like 808 just so you can be "cool", people who like actual good music avoided this like theplaque which is evident in the less than half the sales from Graduation

Originally Posted by areyouin729

He is a genius. And the way ppl are catching feelings in this thread is evident to that.

it's people like you who obvs. still buy garbage like 808 just so you can be "cool", people who like actual good music avoided this like the plaque which is evident in the less than half the sales from Graduation
Thank you for proving my point. Did I but this album? No. Do I %%%@ with Ye like that? No. But like I said before he's a genius becauseanything he drops will sell including this bs album of his. He's a genius because no matter what ppl aretalking about him more so than his peers which inalot of cases are better than he is. If you can convince half a million ppl to buy your garbage, yeah, that's genius.

And "ppl buying garbage so they can be cool", just because you have certain characteristics doesnt mean everyone else has them. I but what I likenot what some website or my boys convince me too and have been doing so for the past 20 years. In other words, dont confuse me with your self.

That statement that I originally posted is an open ended remark. It could've went either way in this discussion. I did that on purpose to see what idiotfalls for it. Thank you for the early morning laughs.

it's people like you who obvs. still buy garbage like 808 just so you can be "cool", people who like actual good music avoided this like the plaque which is evident in the less than half the sales from Graduation
Thank you for proving my point. Did I but this album? No. Do I %%%@ with Ye like that? No. But like I said before he's a genius because anything he drops will sell including this bs album of his. He's a genius because no matter what ppl aretalking about him more so than his peers which in alot of cases are better than he is. If you can convince half a million ppl to buy your garbage, yeah, that's genius.

And "ppl buying garbage so they can be cool", just because you have certain characteristics doesnt mean everyone else has them. I but what I like not what some website or my boys convince me too and have been doing so for the past 20 years. In other words, dont confuse me with your self.

That statement that I originally posted is an open ended remark. It could've went either way in this discussion. I did that on purpose to see what idiot falls for it. Thank you for the early morning laughs.
laugh.gif
you dont understand business obvs.

selling half the amount of your last album in your 1st week and horrid overseas sales equals a mark or break album coming for his next one, he is a genius forturning off roughly 55% of his USA fanbase? and much more of his Worldwide fanbase, Kanye is a genius!

i have bought ZERO Kanye albums, i'll put my life on that statement

You're absolutely right, I obviously know nothing about business.......................how ironic.

What was I thinking, everybody goes gold their first week in 2008.

roll.gif
Trust me, I don't buy anything to be "cool". Mater offact I haven't bought an album since Idlewild. But I guess, because I have a different musical taste from you, means I have no taste in music or I'mslurping?

808's is my least favorite Kanye album, but I still think it's better than probably 95% of the trash released this year.

And c'mon man, since you are one of the elite who likes "actual good music", you should know album sales don't determine if a record is goodor not.

But, it still was #1 on Billboard, and I'm sure that's eating you up inside.
laugh.gif

808's and Heartbreaks is gettin mad play right now.... I first listened to it expecting not to like it. Its def. different, but the #*#! just sounds good.It probably helps that I can relate to him in all of these songs.

I co-sign this and there is no need to read anyomore of this thread

and it dropped off 70% this week, he will be lucky to go platinum this time around

funny how y'all dissed Usher like his career was over when the numbers came out for "Here I Stand"

the album has NO longevity in the sales department

I just speak the truth but some NTers dont wanna hear it

Thank You..........
No disrespect...but how he dresses? how he acts? Who gives a %@!@ about that?

I'm not on Kanye's $%%*, and neither should you be. I don't care how he dresses, and I don't care how he acts. In fact, I don't even know these things unless they make the 'real people' news, cuz I don't watch videos, don't pay attention to tabloid gossip, watch awards shows, or read rap mags.

This is about music.

I just like good music, and the majority of the time Kanye makes that. 808's...not so much.

I can't wait til the vantage point of time passed offers people some better perspective with which to view this, at best, mediocre album.
laugh.gif
....Ain't no one on Kanye *%%#, at least not over here. I'm justsayin dude is a trendsetter, name someone in the rap that has took a bold risk like Kanye did. You may not like how dude carries himself, but other people do(excluding myself). Iono......Eff it though, I don't do the back and forth game unless it's ping-pong, so you can have this argument.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom