Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

I did not say it takes away anything from his responsibility of his actions. Especially when you've been diagnosed and he knows it.

But I said this reckless behaviour is not him, its the mania. It's the disease talking. He needs help.

Doesn't mean it alleviates his responsibility but it should also mean we should be understanding. To understand is not to justify.

Gave it a once over. 3 song I think are alright.
3 out of 7 is still a failing grade though so...
Listened through one ear bud while trying to work. That is not how I treat first album spins but that is my standing with this artist right now.

I think I'm with you on the number but I need to give it a full proper listen. Back half of album is better than first half but I like the opener as well (as a piece of art...not necessarily as a hip hop/rap track).

All in all, I like Kanye West with soul beats better than Kanye West without them.

Doesn’t mean he has to be an A_hole. Doesn’t clear him of anything. No apology either more than a month later. Either he has the longest mood changes known to man or .....

Didn't you say you know about bipolar ? So you'd know that him being an a-hole is the mania. With improper medication or without it, that's how the mania manifests in him.

As for longest mood changes, well ya when you have an extreme or severe case of bipolar, mania can last for YEARS if left untreated or not treated properly.

Again does not justify the behaviour of the illness, but we do have to be compassionate for those who are sick and understand about mental illness. That's the only way we can lift the stigma and fight to treat it.

It's courageous he came about it publicly. That's something big.

Didn't you say you know about bipolar ? So you'd know that him being an a-hole is the mania. With improper medication or without it, that's how the mania manifests in him.

As for longest mood changes, well ya when you have an extreme or severe case of bipolar, mania can last for YEARS if left untreated or not treated properly.

Again does not justify the behaviour of the illness, but we do have to be compassionate for those who are sick and understand about mental illness. That's the only way we can lift the stigma and fight to treat it.

It's courageous he came about it publicly. That's something big.
My man you’re agreeing but not at the same time. Bipolar does not inherently mean going off into tangents of hate and rage that’s all I’m saying. He also never stepped back and took back anything he said. He’s also on an album release tirade. His wife also just went in to Trump himself for publicity. Nothing is stacking up in favor of any of this being fake/caused by illness. I can’t punch you in the face and say “well I’m bipolar” and everything be ok. You can be pissed and acknowledge my illness at the same time

So you agree it doesn’t excuse what he’s saying or doing. So what are you wanting us to do? We can see him as sick and an idiot at the same time. You want us to excuse him but not lol. No

And how do YOU know how he is? Dude nobody knows him personally. From what we’ve seen acting like an idiot isn’t exactly out of normality for him

Last edited:
That's where you and I disagree.

Bipolar manifests differently in patients, but oh yes rage can be a symptom.

Well that's where you should give benefit of the doubt. I don't know him and since I know he is severely ill I would rather put judgement it is the disease and rather that it's his character. How can you know that's him when he's severely mentally ill??

That's why many bipolar patients don't get help or are in denial. They exhibit reckless behaviour, do dangerous things, and get irritability or angry, and they will be judged as that's their core values or character. There's a huge SHAME and GUILT. But it is not. It's their disease. If they are not medicated or treated, they cannot control it and it is not their fault.

Also some don't know or see how they are during manic episodes. It is an emotional/mood disorder but also a disease of the brain so you get brain fog and your perception and judgment is clouded.

Bipolar is no joke. So if someone exhibited ******* or idiotic behaviour as a schizophrenic or during a psychotic episode, you'd still judge as they are truly an ******* or evil person?

He maybe hasn't apologized because if you knew about this disorder you'd know they are not in the right state of mind or even comprehend the reality of their worldview.

At the end of the day, his responsibility to get help but I won't judge him as this is his character. I know he is severely sick.

You just said it doesn’t justify his behavior and now saying you can’t judge him. Which one is it for YOU? I’m fine disagreeing I just want to know where you stand out of curiosity

You just said it doesn’t justify his behavior and now saying you can’t judge him. Which one is it for YOU? I’m fine disagreeing I just want to know where you stand out of curiosity

Well being mistreated or an ******* because of an illness doesn't mean it's right or you can get away with it. I know they are sick and it's out of their control so who am I to judge ? It means they need to seek help. When you seek help cool I will help you get the help. But I can't have you in my life when you're sick because you will also impact my mental health and I am not equipped to help you.

I don't judge as that i won't take it as that is their character because I know they are sick. Get it? It's called compassion.

I think the album is solid as well. Lyrically only like 2 3 songs go, but the vibe of the rest of the album is cool
also as far as apologizing, I forget which song it was, and it wasn't a full apology but he spoke on it.
To be honest, I dont think he needs to apologize for what he said (and the people misconstruing his words) He needs to finish explaining what he was going to say in full thought. Get off what his point was and then we can judge it from there.

Thing is, Kanye been an obnoxious ******* from day one. Either he lost his mind a long time ago or this is par for the course. And it's not just the slavery thing in isolation, it's his whole association with white supremacy going back to at least the trump photo op so..

Thing is, Kanye been an obnoxious ******* from day one. Either he lost his mind a long time ago or this is par for the course. And it's not just the slavery thing in isolation, it's his whole association with white supremacy going back to at least the trump photo op so..
That’s all I’m saying. Saying and doing dumb **** is what he does and it always happens when something is about to drop. Now that he’s finally said something dudes don’t like it’s the illness talking. I can’t get behind that. When it was funny BS it was all good. Now.... not so much

That’s all I’m saying. Saying and doing dumb **** is what he does and it always happens when something is about to drop. Now that he’s finally said something dudes don’t like it’s the illness talking. I can’t get behind that. When it was funny BS it was all good. Now.... not so much

Since day 1? I dont agree with that.

If you knew about the disorder you'd know that usually it comes about in your late teens/early 20s.

I think he had it since his early days but after his mother died, it triggered an extreme/severe case of the illness.

You don't go from Bush doesn't care about black people, pro black civil rights to hanging with Trump and loving his power and these rants that are incoherent and make no damn sense, just because? It's because he literally lost his mind.

Trust me mania from bipolar is madness. I am talking about the severe kind.

35174F9D-6032-4450-9E94-AE64DB42D557.jpeg

As they say in the world of professional wrestling, this album is the drizzling ****s

Kanye's rhymes are garbage as expected, but even the beats are lackluster :ohwell:

And let me give a preemptive FOH to any Pitchfork bloggers or Kanye fanatics who try to pretend that it's just too high brow for pedestrian tastes

Kanye is talking about killing his character, or his duality, or his polarity.

Kill Jay Z was the first song on his last album.

Y’all still think I’m crazy, so Ill stop.

Keep going, I'm interested.

BTW congrats on the book

Yes thats what they all tryna do but look how unhappy they are.

Back
Top Bottom