Kanye West Starting Sneaker Company

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Geez, this is exactly what we don't need.

"he proclaimed that Kanye had the hood in mind when designing the $215 Nike Air Yeezys and the $800+ Louis Vuitton sneakers"

My head is about to explode trying to grasp this statement. Did he mean "exploiting the hood" in mind?
Exactly what I was thinking.

JohnnySacrimoni wrote:
co****ingsign

Watch your language there Johnny, you don't want to ban already.
nerd.gif

"he proclaimed that Kanye had the hood in mind when designing the $215 Nike Air Yeezys and the $800+ Louis Vuitton sneakers"

My head is about to explode trying to grasp this statement. Did he mean "exploiting the hood" in mind?

couln't have said it better myself...but then again peaple in the hood find ways to scramble up money for J's and Nike all the time...just wish hedidn't make them so limited....the whole world was thirsty for some yeezy's

Originally Posted by nevermindTT

Originally Posted by RFX45

I think this could actually work and would sell.
The problem with Ice Creams or S. Carters is their design were just plain and unoriginal.

Not only is Kanye on a whole new other level right now with popularity and hype, he also actually designed original shoes, enough that you can say: "Hey, I have not seen many of those around."
Kanye has a bigger cult following that Pharrell or Jay-Z when it comes to fashion, people would kill to dress like him.
Say what you want about it being hype, but it does sell and Kanye is banking on it right now.

Take Kanye's name off of the Air Yeezy's and make it unlimited with the same price tag and it will be sitting in the store with everything waiting for it to go on sale.
But put Kanye in it, hype it up for years with teaser pics and make it limited and bam, you got gold.

Kanye has done the same with the LV's, teaser here and there and I am afraid that it will sell even at that high retail.
He is pushing the limits with the pricing but he is also testing the waters.
If the LV x KW does not sell due to high prices, making his own shoe line will be a good selling point where you can buy similar designed shoe for a lot cheaper.
If it does sell well even at high prices, then he has a set benchmark for his sig line.
That is pure genius I think.

People into fashion don't want to dress like Kanye at all.. and everyone used to dress like Pharrell in 2006 so there goes another argument.. oh and louis vuitton x kanye shoes can sell for that price because it's louis vuitton.

That is not true, Kanye has set himself up to be a fashion icon no matter how you like it or not. A lot of people want to dress like him, only his clothes ofchoice were cheaper.
Trust me, if Kanye starts wearing clothes that are cheaper like H&M, everyone would be flocking those stores.
A lot of people into fashion either hate or love Kanye's style. They love that he tries to bring that classic look back with tuxes and suits but other hatehim for taking it a bit far at times.
Believe me, even though there's a lot of hate on Kanye, a lot of people still want to copy his style.

Everyone had the skater look in 2005-2006 but not necessarily due to Pharrell.
Not many people were wearing those ugly Ice Cream Reeboks or those BBC shirts.
Sure you see it in magazine but not many people could afford or would buy a $200 tee.

LV x Kanye is charges that much because of Kanye and not just because of LV.
LV sneakers cost around $500-$600 retail right now without the Kanye name attached to it and I highly doubt this KW x LV sneakers are of better quality yet itcost twice as much.
It's in the name it's attached to, the Air Yeezy's sells for $800-$1000 on ebay because of the name.
If it were just Nike's, then it might sell for less than half that on ebay.

Originally Posted by nevermindTT

The problem with Ice Creams or S. Carters is their design were just plain and unoriginal.

Not only is Kanye on a whole new other level right now with popularity and hype, he also actually designed original shoes, enough that you can say: "Hey, I have not seen many of those around."
Kanye has a bigger cult following that Pharrell or Jay-Z when it comes to fashion, people would kill to dress like him.
Say what you want about it being hype, but it does sell and Kanye is banking on it right now.

Take Kanye's name off of the Air Yeezy's and make it unlimited with the same price tag and it will be sitting in the store with everything waiting for it to go on sale.
But put Kanye in it, hype it up for years with teaser pics and make it limited and bam, you got gold.

Kanye has done the same with the LV's, teaser here and there and I am afraid that it will sell even at that high retail.
If the LV x KW does not sell due to high prices, making his own shoe line will be a good selling point where you can buy similar designed shoe for a lot cheaper.
If it does sell well even at high prices, then he has a set benchmark for his sig line.

People into fashion don't want to dress like Kanye at all.. and everyone used to dress like Pharrell in 2006 so there goes another argument.. oh and louis vuitton x kanye shoes can sell for that price because it's louis vuitton.

Trust me, if Kanye starts wearing clothes that are cheaper like H&M, everyone would be flocking those stores.
That's where you've missed it. People do flock to those stores in attempt to get that certain "look." One that 'Ye hasglamorized over the past couple.

I'm not certain if anyone actually read the full interview, but I'm pretty certain "starting my owncompany" was in reference to Pastelle. In the interview, he brought up how sick he thought it would be if Nike or Louis let him do a full sportswearcollection to go with the shoes.

^^^
I know they flock H&M to get that look but there are plenty of Kanye fans who doesn't even know H&M exist.
If on the next magazine shoot, it shows him wearing H&M, then nothing would be left on the stores.
The same way if Kanye wears CK or DKNY, people would ravish Macy's for those items.

H&M mainly sells because of the cheap clothes and great fit, not with Kanye in mind.

When he said he had the hood in mind for some reason it makes me think they going to look more like a basketball typish of sneaker. I doubt it will be betterthen the yeezys though.

ha,werd...

kanye just trying to get richer! talking about he had his people in mind! please..........

It would be a smart move. Think of how many other rappers/musicians he can sign since he is in the biz... Basically he wants more money for his idea'swhich he seems to have plenty of.

Those rocafella shoes look like a rip off supra's and af1's

Originally Posted by desent

It would be a smart move. Think of how many other rappers/musicians he can sign since he is in the biz... Basically he wants more money for his idea's which he seems to have plenty of.

Those rocafella shoes look like a rip off supra's and af1's

cosigns

He ant Marc Jacobs or Tom Ford so stay out of the fashion game, sellin 300+ sneakers inspired by the hood what a joke, he's a fashion consumer not afashion designer; Its as ridiculous as MJ playing major league baseball. The majority of Sean John clothing was under 100 bucks when it first dropped, puffymanaged to sell the illusion of high end quality/fashion yet he still kept to the script carving out a nice profit. Jumping in at the deep end is high risk andyour only as good as your last hit in this game.

Ok, I completely agree with you on all your points. But he's being a hippocrit. He says he wants shoes for his people and he "has the hood" inmind. How could you have "the hood" in mind with your Nike shoes costing 200+ dollars and limiting it to like 250 pairs worldwide? How does he have"the hood" in mind dropping 800 dollar Louis Vuitton sneakers? He's not doing this for his people he's doing it for himself. Maybe heshould admit that before he goes around acting like he's this savior of all sorts. Kanye is dope as an artist, he is dope as a designer, he's also adope dresser. BUT he needs to work on his PR because people aren't stupid. If he drops a shoe/clothing line, and truly wants it to be for his people, itshould be affordable for everyone.

yeah..i agree....we should be able to drop like 60 or 80 for a hoody of sum sort (like 200 for the max i guess) but if its somewhere near the 600area's...then that's kind of wack IMO

^^^

Do you talk like that in public

And seriously he doesn't have the hood in mind I bought the yeezys I have both CW's and I swear his black +*@ just wants to reap the benefit

I can't believe I'm going to paris this summer to get the louis vutton shoes

The shoe is great but the price is soooo hefty

The S. Carters and GUNIT lines were some of Reeboks highest, if not THE highest grossing shoes in their history. but i do agree, if Kanye puts a shoeout with the same marketing techniques as Carters and G-G-G-G-UNIT lines, it can be successful. he's a walking and breathing billboard to the masses.

Originally Posted by artysm

The S. Carters and GUNIT lines were some of Reeboks highest, if not THE highest grossing shoes in their history. but i do agree, if Kanye puts a shoe out with the same marketing techniques as Carters and G-G-G-G-UNIT lines, it can be successful. he's a walking and breathing billboard to the masses.
And the fact they straight jacked the style of the early 80s Gucci Sneakers helped too....

Back
Top Bottom