KD is killing the summer circuit. Vol. Rucker Park

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Playing pickup basketball does nothing for an NBA player really
this.  an nba player playing in the streets is like a high schooler jumping in a little league game.  it does nothing to improve your game. 

You guys take everything so seriously
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Its funny how you dudes try so hard to hate on any thing "hood" on here. Pro NBA player comes to the hood to play basketball and yall sound salty? Go figure.

seriously. NT stay with salty dudes
laugh.gif
dudes will find ANYTHING negative to say. but let me not entertain these trolls
i was there last night and the place was just filled with energy.
KD started off slow. had 23 in the first half and he actually missed a lot of his shots. dudes were talking %@$* to him on the court and he got mad, so in the second half he went off. dude was getting triple teamed and still hitting 3's. he hit about 6 in a row in the last quarter. that's why people stormed the court.

15-16 and under kids are usually the ones that storm the court. can you blame them? they're watching their idol put on a show sheesh

but KD is a real cool dude though. he got alot of respect out of me just for the simple fact that he played and backed his game up when people challenged him, plus he stayed around and signed everyone's autograph at the end of the game. when he first got there he was talking to people in the crowd, sat with the crowd, giving everyone daps. just real down to earth

arrival
i dont know why he still rocking a book bag on his arrival
laugh.gif

x2_781c175

end of the game
x2_781bf60

Its funny how you dudes try so hard to hate on any thing "hood" on here. Pro NBA player comes to the hood to play basketball and yall sound salty? Go figure.

I hope you aint talking about me? Cause that playground stuff is dead. DRose aint played on one in like 10-15 years. There are no runs outside anymore in Chicago, cause dudes are reckless. I aint tripping on the Drew league but going half speed in any setting doesnt help you, but maybe thats why Durant's skill level has not improved since year 2.

laugh.gif
 Your boy D Rose can't even shoot 40% in a playoff series, not to mention the MASSIVE dropoff that already porus percentage takes in 4th quarters and OT, then another massive dropoff when guarded by LBJ (6%).  

I think it's cool. He obviously loves the game and has graced every meaningful summer league court in America and isn't being pompous or Hollywood about it in the least. Him, Harden, Cook, Russ, Nate, are the same way around OKC. They don't play with scrubs, but they'll get pickup games and workouts in at the YMCA in Norman (OU/OSU dudes play there too) and the Lighthouse.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

seriously. NT stay with salty dudes
laugh.gif
dudes will find ANYTHING negative to say. but let me not entertain these trolls
i was there last night and the place was just filled with energy.
KD started off slow. had 23 in the first half and he actually missed a lot of his shots. dudes were talking %@$* to him on the court and he got mad, so in the second half he went off. dude was getting triple teamed and still hitting 3's. he hit about 6 in a row in the last quarter. that's why people stormed the court.

15-16 and under kids are usually the ones that storm the court. can you blame them? they're watching their idol put on a show sheesh

but KD is a real cool dude though. he got alot of respect out of me just for the simple fact that he played and backed his game up when people challenged him, plus he stayed around and signed everyone's autograph at the end of the game. when he first got there he was talking to people in the crowd, sat with the crowd, giving everyone daps. just real down to earth

arrival
i dont know why he still rocking a book bag on his arrival
laugh.gif

end of the game
I dont think anything has to do with being "hood" or black or white or anything. It has to do with people acting like clowns. And its not all 15-16 year old kids. Its grown men running all over the court and going crazy for a dunk or a move. I was watching the Team Nike youtube videos the other night from Dykman. You can't even see the baselene or sidelines people are half on the court. Half of these people think they are in the front row of the NBA slam dunk contest circa 2000. Running all around and hugging people and dancing and everything else. Acting like fools. I respect a guy like Durant going out and putting on a show, but its just too risky. I agree the crowd is more a risk than the competition

Originally Posted by amel223

this.  an nba player playing in the streets is like a high schooler jumping in a little league game.  it does nothing to improve your game. 

Yall sound ridiculous. 

These guys take time to come out to the hood to play WITH us opposed to playing for us. #2REAL

Yall sounding like some wanna be GM's trying to negate a players off-season decision to play somewhere other than a practice facility.

Just enjoy the show fam.

KD, I see you g. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sorianotron

Yall sound ridiculous. 

These guys take time to come out to the hood to play WITH us opposed to playing for us. #2REAL

Yall sounding like some wanna be GM's trying to negate a players off-season decision to play somewhere other than a practice facility.

Just enjoy the show fam.

KD, I see you g. 
pimp.gif

# realretarded
85 million dollar contract, lockout league talking about voiding contracts and you want to play outdoors. Okay that sounds real smart. Risking 85 million, a second Nike contract, and the ability to play the game at the highest level to impress some hood dudes? Nah I will show up and play cheerleader, and maybe get into a dunk contest. Dont get me wrong KD has enough money to last HIM a couple of lifetimes but its not smart business. His reality doesnt match up to anybody on that court. At least in the drew league dudes were in the same tax bracket.

Dudes are forgetting these dudes are basketball players first before anything. They LOVE the game. They STARTED most likely playing on the street.

Regardless of contracts and risks of injury, the cats that play in street ball leagues during the summer want to show they are capable of playing basketball at ANY level. They are competitors.

Easy to say NBA is the "elite" and if he can play there he can play on any level, but if you've never been to a street ball game, especially in Harlem/NY it's a whole different ball game. I've seen NBA level players come and look like they didn't know what to do out there.

Everybody watching is enticing the players to kill or embarrass the opponent. When an NBA player comes out to play the level of the opponent rises (i.e. A-Butta vs. Vince @ Goachos).

These are raw and un-cut experiences. Dudes are themselves out there.

All hopes are they finish the game 100% healthy, but more then likely when the atmosphere kicks in at that park and they see the **@%$* in skimpy outfits, hood cats smoking loud, the thought is "I'ma bout to kill these dudes out here." rather then worrying about an injury that can happen while answering the door. Carlos Boozer.

I missed the Rucker game yesterday.
30t6p3b.gif
But I'm at most Summer Leagues in NY and I appreciate it whenever NBA or College players come out to play, because it shows an ultimate lover for the game and CULTURE of basketball.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Dudes are forgetting these dudes are basketball players first before anything. They LOVE the game. They STARTED most likely playing on the street.

Regardless of contracts and risks of injury, the cats that play in street ball leagues during the summer want to show they are capable of playing basketball at ANY level. They are competitors.

Easy to say NBA is the "elite" and if he can play there he can play on any level, but if you've never been to a street ball game, especially in Harlem/NY it's a whole different ball game. I've seen NBA level players come and look like they didn't know what to do out there.

Everybody watching is enticing the players to kill or embarrass the opponent. When an NBA player comes out to play the level of the opponent rises (i.e. A-Butta vs. Vince @ Goachos).

These are raw and un-cut experiences. Dudes are themselves out there.

All hopes are they finish the game 100% healthy, but more then likely when the atmosphere kicks in at that park and they see the **@%$* in skimpy outfits, hood cats smoking loud, the thought is "I'ma bout to kill these dudes out here." rather then worrying about an injury that can happen while answering the door. Carlos Boozer.

I missed the Rucker game yesterday.
30t6p3b.gif
But I'm at most Summer Leagues in NY and I appreciate it whenever NBA or College players come out to play, because it shows an ultimate lover for the game and CULTURE of basketball.

This. They love the game first and foremost, so while its their job they'd still do it and still do it in their spare time.  Mike had a clause written into his contract that allowed him to play where ever whenever "The Love of the Game" clause it's been labeled.  The spirit of the game is to seek competition and that's what he's doing.  When he enters those inbound lines everyone is out there trying to torch him, he's a competitor he's going to play his game regardless of whether LeBron is on the court or the bum from 5E.  Hell when you play half assed is when you're most at risk for injury.  We should be applauding him for the fact that he's not pulling a Shawn Kemp, but instead we're criticizing him for putting up numbers... he's 22-23yrs old this is what he knows.

Originally Posted by sorianotron

Yall sound ridiculous. 

Just enjoy the show fam.

KD, I see you g. 
pimp.gif

# realretarded
85 million dollar contract, lockout league talking about voiding contracts and you want to play outdoors. Okay that sounds real smart. Risking 85 million, a second Nike contract, and the ability to play the game at the highest level to impress some hood dudes? Nah I will show up and play cheerleader, and maybe get into a dunk contest. Dont get me wrong KD has enough money to last HIM a couple of lifetimes but its not smart business. His reality doesnt match up to anybody on that court. At least in the drew league dudes were in the same tax bracket.

Shut up fam'.....

....There's not a single player in the NBA that doesn't dream/day dream/think about killing at Rucker... The game of "Basketball" is WAY bigger than the "NBA"... Sure its the highest Plateau when it comes to a players career....But its nice when a NBA player steps down and goes back to the heart of the game, where dreams start at....The streets

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Good for KD, but once I sign a multimillion dollar contract my days of playing basketball on concrete would immediately been over.

Love for the game, nothing but respect. I would be doing the same. I cant go a week without playing ball.

What's the big deal? Most of these people at the street league games will never attend a NBA game in their lifetime. Nothing wrong with being excited about seeing one of your idols in person.

shoulda ran a double team at him and force the other team to beat you, lol

...as for the storming the court stuff. It may not look like dudes are acting up for the right reasons because you are viewing the experience through a youtube video...

I've barely ever seen dudes storm the court unless it was worth it.

love seeing the energy right there.

god damn i'm going to be upset if there's no season..

Originally Posted by DMan14

shoulda ran a double team at him and force the other team to beat you, lol

You watch the Vid?...They threw 2-3 guys at him at once... Son still popped 4 long range 3's in-a-row....the last one to beat the buzzer...
smokin.gif

I heard Marshon Brooks was killing at The Nike Pro Summer League. Playoffs are gonna be live this year. Next week at Baruch, i'll def be up in there with my dress clothes on, acting a fool.

Back
Top Bottom