Kendrick Lamar ft. Dr. Dre - The Recipe (Prod. By Scoop Deville)

finna run rap cuz Dr. Dre got the recipe...recipe
laugh.gif

song is decent at best to me and i really @*%! w/ Kendrick

Somebody get the reference track KL made for Dre and just put it on this and cut Dre out.

yall n's DO realize when diddy, dre, etc. sound like some other rapper when they rap that means that said rapper wrote that verse, right?

i mess with this joint though

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

yall n's DO realize when diddy, dre, etc. sound like some other rapper when they rap that means that said rapper wrote that verse, right?

i mess with this joint though

pimp.gif
Diddy is smart enough to not do a song with a rapper and have that rapper write his verse for him. He'll go to Royce or somebody on his label. When you do it that way you do not immediately recognize who wrote it.

Dre just sounded clownish
laugh.gif

Ok, tell me Dre doesn't flow like Jay on Still DRE?

Dre is good @ imitating his ghostwriter's flow/delivery.
Anyway, Kendrick has Dre sounding like it was 91 again. Seriously, Dre was spitting.

Good song
pimp.gif

Scoop on the boards 
pimp.gif

I find it so dope that he's Kid Frost's son. 

Dope song all around 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Kendrick aint the type of rapper thats gonna sell a lot anyway so it really dont matter what type of single he puts out.

THANK YOU!!

Did people really think Kendrick was gonna put out some super poppy radio friendly single to sell records?!
laugh.gif

Bottom line it is a good song that has a nice vibe that should fit well into the concept of his debut album.

You can catch me in Atlanta Lookin like a BAWSE!!
pimp.gif

This beat is hott. Idk what some of you dudes are saying. (& NO I dont ride Dre's nutsiizack.)

You want to be on to peak on the charts
so the peons can be gone, and pee on the hearts

pimp.gif

Given the ghostwriting discussion, this is probably appropriate:

[h1][/h1]
[h1]The New Kendrick Lamar/Dr. Dre Song, and Other Examples of Egregiously Obvious Ghostwriting[/h1]By Amos Barshad on April 3, 2012 4:30 PM ET
Yesterday, Kendrick Lamar — the extravagantly talented L.A. rapper pegged as the next great hope of West Coast hip-hop — dropped his first official single, “The Recipe.

For a Scoop produced track and as a single, I was expecting one of those crazy hard hitting beats.

Originally Posted by True Blues

Given the ghostwriting discussion, this is probably appropriate:

[h1][/h1]
[h1]The New Kendrick Lamar/Dr. Dre Song, and Other Examples of Egregiously Obvious Ghostwriting[/h1]By Amos Barshad on April 3, 2012 4:30 PM ET
Yesterday, Kendrick Lamar — the extravagantly talented L.A. rapper pegged as the next great hope of West Coast hip-hop — dropped his first official single, “The Recipe.

After listening to this song a couple times more, I've come to this conclusion...
Cartoons & Cereal >>>>>>>>>>>> The Recipe

Originally Posted by Dat Dude Chris

After listening to this song a couple times more, I've come to this conclusion...
Cartoons & Cereal >>>>>>>>>>>> The Recipe
Definitely. 

I'm feeling the song and beat especially. Dr. Dre serves no purpose on this song. Shouldve been a solo kendrick song.

Back
Top Bottom