Kendrick Lamar IS The GREATEST Rapper Of All Time (Vol. Hear Me Out. LOOOONG read)

Kendrick’s prime has ALREADY surpassed those of Biggie, 2Pac, Rakim, G Rap, Slick Rick, LL and Ice Cube. If he was to stop rapping RIGHT now, his catalog could go song for song with ANYone from a QUALITY stand point

Last edited:
Gotta have the SONGS and LYRICS to be considered the greatest of all-time. With that being Kendrick Lamar doesn't deserve consideration or mention. Thanks for the write up anyway champ, way to really put your heart into it.

Long read, but good read.
I do find it intriguing that Kendrick is so well respected by his current peers and legends. I mean, just the amount of different artist from different genre's who talked about TPAB on twitter is amazing. Also, the fact that people were mad that he didn't mention them in his control verse tells me artist care about his opinion.

the lack of mention of cole and krit in this article is disgusting

Last edited:
To Pimp a Butterfly is a tremendous album, but the overreaction to it by the born again hip hop purists is getting ridiculous. Kendrick has top 3 potential in my opinion and is currently the 2nd best rapper out (Im a KRIT stan) but relax gentlemen  

I definitely disagree with K. Dot being the greatest of all time.  He's had an amazing start to his career but he's not at that point to be considered for that title.  That also goes for Drake.  There's nothing in Drake's catalog that will match up or stand the test of time like 2Pac, BIG, Jay, Nas.  I find myself not going back to listen to either of Drake's or K. Dot's debuts.  May just be an age thing but I just don't see it.

Once I saw that there was a detailed write up to this statement, I knew this wasnt no troll thread. Kendrick is EASILY the best rapper out right now but of ALL TIME...na I dont think so. But I will read this tho since it seems interesting

Also these obnoxious Kendrick fans are annoying ne now. Imma big fan of dude but sheesh keep manhood out yall mouthes. Dude has those annoying elitist fans like Lupe had in the mid to late 2000s :smh:

Kendrick is up there man, and his quality through his entire discography very much warrants him as being the greatest already.

However, I still have to go with Pac man. Still listen to him daily. IMO very underrated rapper, extremely versatile from a concept perspective, Love Pac man.

i dont agree but props for actually taking the time to defend your opinion 

I only listen through it once going to work. Something just doesn't click with me Idk if it's the production or what. K dot is an great MC but the best nah not yet at least. I actually liked Earls album more

But if you go catalog for catalog with KRIT, Kendrick takes the L.

Half of yall can't even comment on that statement cuz you still sleep tho.

Krit and kendrick are neck and neck just my opinion.

My favorite kendrick project overly dedicated. Favorite Krit project return of 4eva

When did KRIT surpass Cole?
Where was I?
Kendrick has seperated himself from Drake.
Drake separated himself from the pack since 09, he's pretty much been popping wheelys. And doin tricks.
J Cole has done some MAJOR pedalling, while he's still behind Kendrick and Drake, he's separated himself from the pack.
At best, KRIT is leading the pack.

Where was I?
Drake separated himself from the pack since 09, he's pretty much been popping wheelys. And doin tricks.
J Cole has done some MAJOR pedalling, while he's still behind Kendrick and Drake, he's separated himself from the pack.

In terms of catologs, KRIT surpassed Cole with Cadillactica in my opinion. He more than made than made up for his debut and the album is up there with the two classics that he already has. and im not saying its better than FHD, but it elevates his catalog more.

And not to make this about sales but I thought Kendrick surpassed Cole for a min in terms of popularity but then Cole but then got back in the mix quality wise and sales wise.

The public, not the mainstream media outlets, major publications, twitter feeds, industry taste makers, etc... but real life people have responded to Cole and his movement more than Kendrick in my opinion. And thats all to the credit of Cole himself. You look at Dr.Dre's track record and Kendrick is suppose to be in the position he in if not further.

But then you look at Cole. He topped, Kanye(so what is was Yeezus). He outsold Kendrick, who is the star child right now.

Last edited:
I tend not to believe in record sales bc these guys (drake and JCole) go and buy their own albums...

Last edited:
Where was I?
I'm not talking about how big a celebrity the each of them are because kendrick wins that hands down. I'm merely speaking on the quality of music they pump out. I also feel like Freddie Gibbs and action Bronson are up there for guys doing it right now.
Just my opinion though.

Ps: kendrick has yet to put out a average project everything has been great but those that I mentioned also keep puttin out quality. Feel like we're talking best QB in the league because they all have a supporting cast.

Last edited:
I'm a big Cole fan as well, but I think we can all agree part of the reason he sells as well as he does is the female fan base he has. Nothing wrong with that though.

Back
Top Bottom