Kendrick Lamar IS The GREATEST Rapper Of All Time (Vol. Hear Me Out. LOOOONG read)

i can't believe people still believe this is coming.. this is on the route to detox status.

it's been 4 years since we heard the song on youtube and they couldn't even feed us with the mp3? disgraceful

i'm mad about it

I've learned that every hip hop collab album has the same release date as Detox. Besides WTT. Weren't Nas and Common supposed to do an album too?

i can't believe people still believe this is coming.. this is on the route to detox status.

it's been 4 years since we heard the song on youtube and they couldn't even feed us with the mp3? disgraceful

i'm mad about it

I've learned that every hip hop collab album has the same release date as Detox. Besides WTT. Weren't Nas and Common supposed to do an album too?

yes rappers have more dream projects that never come to fruition than spielberg and scorcese combined.

nas had had so many rumored ones i've lost count.

but cole actually said 2 years ago they were working on it

" Cole Confirms Joint Album With Kendrick LamarHipHopDX
J. Cole says he and Kendrick Lamar are four or five songs deep on their joint project. A collaborative mixtape between J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar has been long-rumored, but now, it appears that the project is finally becoming a reality. "I just started working with Kendrick the other day," revealed Cole in an interview with Hot 97.5's "

Yall act like people are missing out on something by anticipating a project :lol:

i anticipated detox since it was in XXL in 2003..we even got 2 singles and 2 videos 7 years later in 2010..and then it still never released. :lol:

one of the biggest bamboozlements in music history

i was a teenager when detox was rumored to come out now im about to turn 30

Last edited:
Why is 2pac always thrown in these debates about the best MC's in hip hop? That guy wasn't an MC lyricist, he was more of a commercial rap rapper or a passionate poet.

And I ask again, this Kendrick Lamar kid, why does he always perform 2pac songs? I tried to listen to his records and his voice is just ugly. And his 2pac performances are wick wick wack.

Comparing it to detox is extreme, we're talking about two young artist who have active careers and already don't put their own music out frequently, there's a reason this is taking time. Dre is just scared to death of failure and never needed to release another album in the first place. Hell, I guess Jay Rock's 2nd album is Detox status too.

Comparing it to detox is extreme, we're talking about two young artist who have active careers and already don't put their own music out frequently, there's a reason this is taking time. Dre is just scared to death of failure and never needed to release another album in the first place. Hell, I guess Jay Rock's 2nd album is Detox status too.

speak for kendrick.

j cole has a VERY healthy output

since we heard their song together in early 2011..we've received 3 studio albums, 2 EPS and 1 mixtape from cole

Last edited:
Yeah, I really don't like his voice or flow which reminds me too much of eminem, who I can't stand either. Their voices don't belong in music, it belongs in an alarm system.

NT has always taught how different people's views can be... That **** can be annoying sometimes. :lol:

But hey to each his own... I ******* love this album tho. There aren't to many things in this world better than listening to somebody that is Lyrical and can actually rap...

Yeah, I really don't like his voice or flow which reminds me too much of eminem, who I can't stand either. Their voices don't belong in music, it belongs in an alarm system.
lamp, I thought I was the only one who really couldn't stand eminems voice or kendrick voice at all

"This voice here is golden
So f yall I goes in"

Truly though his original voice and pitch is a nice spot.

Let's just put this here

Last edited:
This thread made me go visit some golden age early mid 90s rap Big L and DITC. Thank you OP. You should write for the source brah.

This thread made me go visit some golden age early mid 90s rap Big L and DITC. Thank you OP. You should write for the source brah.

That was my dream growing up.
actually got the chance to meet Elliot Wilson lastnight
View media item 1471079
I was telling him how I remember the FIRST issue of XXL and just thanking him for continually elevating the culture.

Thank you for reading bro.

I wrote this so an intelligent dialogue could be created, didn't quite go down that way cause this is NT. But I spoke my part so hey.

I'm doin freelance work for
HipHopScriptures.com

So check on there I'll be doin pieces once or twice a week.

I did a piece about why I felt this album was the most important in the history of Black Music. A lot of NTers have become their father and would rather say 1982 is more important than now.

I did an interview with RevoltTV at the album signing they edited it tho, and now BET has published an article today saying the EXACT same thing I said about "Alright" being the NEW Black National Anthem.

That's the industry tho.

Still have yet to see the most memorable verses in Kendrick's career be posted.

What will be reciting years from now? What verse will everyone know or be looked at silly for not knowing?

Furthermore.
there's an article on BETs website discussing "Alright" and how it should be the NEW Black National Anthem. Just a little somethin to ponder.

I don't remember any song, of any genre ever being considered by ANYone to take "Lift Every Voice" spot. But I'm sure **** like that doesn't matter to most.

speak for kendrick.

j cole has a VERY healthy output

since we heard their song together in early 2011..we've received 3 studio albums, 2 EPS and 1 mixtape from cole

Kendrick has 3 projects also since 2011, Cole has 2 eps (for marketing) but hasn't released a mixtape of his own since 2010. Regardless, they have both focused on setting up their solo careers.

Furthermore.
there's an article on BETs website discussing "Alright" and how it should be the NEW Black National Anthem. Just a little somethin to ponder.

I don't remember any song, of any genre ever being considered by ANYone to take "Lift Every Voice" spot. But I'm sure **** like that doesn't matter to most.

Just because some clown got the green light to write an article doesn't mean it holds an ounce of weight.

I like the song, but that sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Just because some clown got the green light to write an article doesn't mean it holds an ounce of weight.

I like the song, but that sounds absolutely ridiculous.

And someone memorizing a verse or not holds weight? Or determines wheather a verse is truly great or not?

:lol: Please show me where I said that...

No. The guy I was responding to said that.

Maybe you took my statement out of its proper context.

I mean where did I say the article itself being written 'held any weight'? It was in response to someone saying what memorable verses he had etc.

These debates always revovle around commercial rap. What about MC's like Mikah 9, Wise from PRT, P.E.A.C.E. from FF, Saafir, G. Rap, CL Smooth... Lot of guys out there that are waaaay better than cats like Kendrick Lamar or a 2pac, Biggie.

These debates always revovle around commercial rap. What about MC's like Mikah 9, Wise from PRT, P.E.A.C.E. from FF, Saafir, G. Rap, CL Smooth... Lot of guys out there that are waaaay better than cats like Kendrick Lamar or a 2pac, Biggie.

Nobody from Freestyle Fellowship belongs in this convo :lol: not takin anything away from them.

G Rap? No. He gets the respect he deserves. Of all the 80s rappers he should've survived the 90s and got bigger but he didn't.

Harold should've just got out the car at the light. Well at least Shareef stayed with him.

CL Smooth was a decent 90s rapper. That's about it.

Back
Top Bottom