Kendrick Lamar VS. Meek Mill

I think it's pretty obvious that Meek Mill will have the better sales, even though KL is better than him in every way possible.

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

Originally Posted by jones23me

Meek is kinda what the streets wanna hear right now.
The "streets" buy records?

Oh.

ironically, "the streets" have actually trancended the streets, so there is legitimacy in that statement, whether he may know it or not (no offense, jones)

Meek Mill...

because his album will more than likely be flooded with features.

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

Not worth comparing the two IMO.

This, BUT Meek is widely known and regarded right now. At least compared to Kendrick.
Safe to say he'll win the battle of first week sales.

Originally Posted by 85wasagreatyear

ironically, "the streets" have actually trancended the streets, so there is legitimacy in that statement, whether he may know it or not (no offense, jones)
Fair enough, however I'd be inclined to side with the artist most likely to be supported by those with the most purchasing power (i.e. the caucasian demographic).

This is not to say that the idea of Meek outselling Kendrick is by any means implausible, it's just not as foregone a conclusion as some may lead others to believe IMO.

I think Meek will outsell Kendrick. Im thinking somewhere around Wale's 1st week numbers for Meek's album, and a lil more than Krit's 1st week numbers for Kendrick *flame suit on*

What's the basis behind this comparison?
IMO when I think of this I think of Big Sean vs J. Cole and look at what happened in terms of sales. Sean had more buzz from his singles than Cole did and he was pushed by a bigger movement than Cole too. We just gotta sit back and watch at this point.

laugh.gif

Looks like he is sitting at 720,000, do you guys think he will hit Plat?

What did Meek Mill tweet about Kendrick when Kendrick sold more records the first week ?

Who will have the better album sales NT? I understand that Lamar has the DRE cosign and is more creative and has an overall better flow(bars) and is trying to bring the west back and strucure the black hippie movement... BUT!!! Meek is kinda what the streets wanna hear right now. He happens to be rocking with the hottest in the game Rozay!!! and meek happens to be part of one of the hottest camps around. The only issue i see for meek is all his 16s sound alike. I guess im saying i never heard him switch his flow up any... that may hurt him on his album unless he surprises a few of us. But for lamar he is over the general publics head and only real hip hop heads will gravitate toward the movement he is tryna to put together. And so I ask NT what do yall think?  Keep in mind MMG will run it the next 3 months not leaving any room in the tape deck for Lamar..

MMG Self Made VOL2-6/26

Rick Ross- God forgives I dont- 7/31

Meek Mills- Dreams & Nightmares- 8/28

Kendrick Lamar- OCT 2

To answer your questions. KendricK Lamar will sell wayyyy more than Meek Mills album.Save this message

Back
Top Bottom