Kevin Kolb gets 1 year extension

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5148880

The Philadelphia Eagles have given quarterback Kevin Kolb another vote of confidence, extending his contract by one year, the team announced Thursday.

The deal is worth $12.25 million, all of it guaranteed, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Kolb, who became the Eagles' starting QB when Donovan McNabb was traded to the Washington ********, was previously under contract through the 2010 season. He was expected to attend a news conference announcing the signing at 4:45 p.m. ET at the team's training facility.

"We're happy to have Kevin under contract for the next two seasons," coach Andy Reid said in a prepared statement. "When given the chance, Kevin has proven to have good command of this offense and we're looking forward to having him operate as the No. 1 quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles."

Kolb spent his first three seasons with the Eagles behind McNabb, but stepped in when McNabb was injured in the season opener last year at Carolina. The 2007 second-round draft choice promptly became the first NFL quarterback to throw for 300 yards in his first two starts.

His emergence made McNabb expendable, and the No. 2 overall pick in the 1999 draft was traded to the Washington ******** earlier this month for a pair of draft picks.

When McNabb was injured in the season opener last year at Carolina, Kolb showed he was ready. He threw for 391 yards against New Orleans and 327 yards a week later vs. Kansas City.
"I want to be here long term and I think the Eagles want me here long term," Kolb said

$#%%

12.25 million? Nah you don't put that type pressure on a guy and make all of that money guaranteed

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

The deal is worth $12.25 million, all of it guaranteed

McNabb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom