[:: KID CUDI Thread - Kanye/Cudi Album 6/8/18 ::]

INCREDIBLE. :nthat:

Cudi's melodies, production, pen, everything coming together is such a euphoric experience when listening to.

This project sounds so nostalgic in a good way as an ode to the other 2 classic projects in the trilogy, while also having many modern and new smooth twists that just work.

Can't wait to spin in the whip off the late night!

One listen through...and im into it.
I can't say its better then Passion Pain and Demon Slayin (which i really liked) quite yet.

So for fun:
MOTM 1
MOTM 2
Passion Pain & Demon Slaying
MOTM 3
Indicud
Satellite Flight

WZRD Project

Speeding bullet to heaven

I'm shocked he was able to find his old sound since he's had so many misses since MOTM2.

Solo Dolo 3 was crazy, favorite song right away.

Album should have been 12-13 songs, I don't need those features and I don't like how current a few beats sounded.

Overall, I'd give it a 4/5.

Is he releasing physical copies? I'll buy it if it releases.

Enjoyed this thing front to back a couple of standout moments were Lovin' Me (the humming at the end with both him and Phoebe Bridgers :nthat:) and second half of Rockstar Knights

I think he executed his intent perfectly, when you see how he split up the tracks by sequence, then ultimately going back to "his" sound.

Cudi is like Bon Iver. An one-album wonder.

9324FBCA-A0AB-4209-8E29-2A7EFDCF1C22.gif

I haven't listened to the album yet but I'm pleasantly surprised by the high praise it's received by virtually everyone

Not really taking in the lyrics right now but the production and vibe is right. There’s some highlights, Sept 16 is cool. Seems like it’s a few tracks too long though. 12 songs was probably the sweet spot with maybe 3 interludes for a total of 15.

I personally am enjoying this album a lot. Every song is enjoyable to me so far. Obviously like some more than others. I’d say Tequila Shots, Solo Dolo 3, and Elsies Baby Boy are my favorites so far.

PPDS was good to me but I feel like I only enjoyed maybe half of it.

I really enjoyed Indicud when it came out and I still do, but after the initial release, I realized how bad the production on it is 😭 Cudi nailed it on a few tracks but most of it was pretty bad.

I’ll wait to rank MOTM3 but I love it so far.

Only thing I don’t care for is the Travis Scott ad libs. I give it a pass because he influenced him but it was too similar

Back
Top Bottom