[:: KID CUDI Thread - Kanye/Cudi Album 6/8/18 ::]

I love this track. I am so excited for this album man, I seriously cannot express it enough. Cudi is my favorite artist of all time and one of my heroes. Thank you Cudi Gawd :smokin

immortal
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

in my opinion hes 2-1 for indicud
This.
Not sure how I feel about Immortal.... specially after how dope King Wizard and Just What I Am were...
And this. But I will give Immortal some spins in the car. I can't judge it 100% from computer speakers. But I wasn't feeling it like the other 2 releases. Those both are still in heavy rotation.

Recent Kid Cudi article by complex:

http://entiregrains.com/2013/02/28/kid-cudi-life-after-death-complex/

Some excerpts:
Right after Man on the Moon was done, you texted me, “I’m doing two or three albums and then I’m out.” You’re on your fourth now. What does that mean to you?
I win. That’s what it means. I already ran laps around my peers. [Laughs.] Nah, I’m joking. It was never a competition with us, that whole movement when we first came out. Everyone had their own flavor. Everybody wanted to have their place. We made it a competition but nobody told each other. Looking back, it was silly.

I still feel like I’m not going to be a ***** with 10 albums. I don’t want to be that guy. Once I accomplish one thing and I’m satisfied, I try something else. I may be 50 and doing something totally outside of music and acting. Maybe I’ll become a kindergarten teacher. Then I could be like, “Man when I was 20, I was a rapper,” and still have all these dope-*** jams, mackin’ on all the hot teachers in the school. I could be the school rock star.

You called yourself the “Bane of Hip-Hop” and “Hip-Hop’s Villain: Leader of the Delinquents.” What makes these roles so enjoyable for you?
There are so many dynamics to a villain. Who are we to say they’re villains? They’re just people who see things in a different way and go to the extreme to show us how things should be. Hip-hop needs a wake-up call. I don’t think hip-hop is terrible, or it’s dead and all that ********. It’s better than it’s been in a long time. It’s just some industry ****. It’s super weak. Nobody’s authentic.

That’s good for me because when I do my ****, it makes me look like the greatest musician alive—and I’m not. I’m just doing what we should all be doing. I’m using the same drums everyone else uses, same synths, sometimes the same samples. I see things in my own way and execute them that way. Nobody really does that. People ask, “What’s going to sell? What’s going to do this or what’s going to do that?” It’s weak. Most people are *******.
For you illuminatti heads from a different cudi article:

Your latest video has a lot of skull imagery and stuff like that. Was that a conscious choice?
Yeah, it’s funny. People in my life know that I’m a ******g goofball. I’m a prankster and I clown a lot. In any moment in time, I’ll incorporate some jokes in my music or raps or whatever. And all throughout my career I’ve noticed that the main thing people try to point out is the Illuminati, Satanic symbols and references in music videos—specifically in my ****. And like, in no way shape or form am I the type of individual that will be ever thinking of that type of **** while we were working on these videos. But it’s so interesting to see how sure of themselves people are, talking about this. It’s like, “No, I know it, I know it! He sold his soul to the devil! I know he’s friends with Satan! I can feel it.” You know what I mean? ****** be knowing I guess.

I’m not religious, but I am a spiritual person. I believe that there is a God, I believe there is something. In no way would I do no [stuff] like that.

So my way of tricking everybody, being that I had that control, I was like, “Oh man. Wouldn’t it be cool if we just threw a bunch of ******g Satanic devil-worship Illuminati symbols into the video, just like abruptly popping up all over the place and **** people up?” Just to **** with them and then not say anything, like wait months and not say ****. Just let ‘em trip out, just let ‘em talk. Ignore it if it comes up in conversation. It was an experiment, like we totally experimented with this. Right now as we speak, it’s still going on. Kids are so outraged. 

Why do you think people are so obsessed with that?
Me personally, I think that sometimes it’s people’s explanation to why a ***** could be so successful. It’s like ****** just can’t be successful because ****** got a gift. I just can’t be really good. I had to have sold my soul at one point. “No! He was just a dude before. He worked at Abercrombie & Fitch. He had to suck the Devil’s ****, I promise. I seent  it! I had a vision! There was a cock in and around his mouth, I swear! And it was red, red as the Devil’s ****.” Yeah, so it was kind of like my way of being like, “Ha! You idiots. You guys are stupid as ****, all day long. Shut the **** up. Got you. Stop being so stupid.” You know what I mean? Like what the **** are you thinking? I’ll talk about God in every other song. I’m not religious, but I am a spiritual person. I believe that there is a God, I believe there is something. In no way would I do no **** like that.

Just as i am, and king wizard are like hybrid songs, he was pretty much singing throughout immortals...

Not feeling immortal but it isn't unlistenable by any means, scott singing on this **** is an issue :lol:

Immortal is great.

But to be honest (coming from a very big Cudi fan)...he could of came with a better hook. Its still pretty catchy, but definitely not one of his best hooks.

Just What I Am was a perfect, catch, well written hook. A+

This one... B+. But still going to be spun ALL DAY REGARDLESS :pimp:

Last edited:
New track is dope. It's different but I wouldn't expect anything else from Cudi.

Can't wait for the album

The vibe and tempo of Just as I am and king wizard got everyone hooked, immortal has some chill vibe and doesnt sound like theres any energy behind it. Its more of an expressive song, then a feel good party song.

Havent listened to anything on the album and dont plan to. Album drops one day before my 24th on the 24th. I will do great things with this a the soundtrack.

Havent listened to anything on the album and dont plan to. Album drops one day before my 24th on the 24th. I will do great things with this a the soundtrack.

I always say im gonna wait till the album comes out before i check out any tracks...i fail every time 
ohwell.gif

cudi is that dude tho cant wait for this to drop!

Back
Top Bottom