kids aint safe these days man

I thought a teacher was there to teach, that's the only authority you have. You teach the ones who want to learn, it's simple. You more worried about a kids phone than making sure these kids pass these tests.
Aight you can't be serious
I am

I send my son to school to learn, nothing more nothing less. :lol: @ teachers needing 'authority' to do their job

And if you catch wind of a student causing a problem being LEFT in the class, don't you think that your child's education is being compromised...especially if they're being a distraction?

You want to do what's right by your child.

And if you catch wind of a student causing a problem being LEFT in the class, don't you think that your child's education is being compromised...especially if they're being a distraction?

You want to do what's right by your child.
He wasn't being serious man. And yall call me a troll. He always trolls for the "underdog" so it appears he isn't trolling. I'm hip to his game.

Then you explain to the administrator of the situation. Like I said I've been in the situation plenty of times, I've been the kid who was on the phone when I wasn't supposed to be. It's really not complicated, people are making it out to be.

DC what would you do ? since everything I say is simplified, I'm curious to hear your pov. Forgive me if you already stated it.

I don't feel digging through the walls of text.
No administrator gives a damn about your explanation. If an assistant principal walks into your room, and a student is on a phone and not listening to YOUR directions, trust that you will be viewed as having a lack of classroom management. Not really sure what you believe an administrator would accept as a viable "explanation." 

As I mentioned earlier, I would TRY to get a social worker to come in the room and try to de-escalate the situation. But that isn't guaranteed  to work. 

A punk asss teacher, called a punk asss cop, and a young lady dealing with the loss of her mother gets treated worse than a prison inmate.
If your punk asss can't handle urban American kids, then your punk asss don't need to take a job teaching in urban America.

Sums it up perfectly.

A punk asss teacher, called a punk asss cop, and a young lady dealing with the loss of her mother gets treated worse than a prison inmate.
If your punk asss can't handle urban American kids, then your punk asss don't need to take a job teaching in urban America.
But why does the teacher have to be all of that?

No administrator gives a damn about your explanation. If an assistant principal walks into your room, and a student is on a phone and not listening to YOUR directions, trust that you will be viewed as having a lack of classroom management. Not really sure what you believe an administrator would accept as a viable "explanation." 

As I mentioned earlier, I would TRY to get a social worker to come in the room and try to de-escalate the situation. But that isn't guaranteed  to work. 

Guess that depends on the administrator really and the teacher. I've seen principals, vice principals, administrators, and even the owner of the school in the exact situation. Either they buy it or they don't. Most times (from what I've seen) it's the teachers word vs the student. And guess who's word is believed first ?

We're pretty much on the same page when it comes to brining someone into the room to help with removal. But as you've stated that doesn't always work.

1. take the phone away

2. ask student to leave the class

3. physical removal 

there are kids trying to learn, no need to have a disrespectful kid clowning around 

I agree with all of that except 3.

Here in DC< we have "Master Educators." Officials from the District that come evaluate teachers. The, "I have a student that isn't listening to me and is on their phone" nonsense WON'T work there.

I am just saying that it is a tough situation to be in man. You have to be careful before you are blaming the adults because from what I read (yes I only know PART of the story), they followed protocol.

1. Teacher tried to redirect student on phone. She couldn't, she called ADMIN

2. Admin tried to redirect student, she couldn't, she called police.

3. Police tried to redirect student, he couldn't, so that is why he used forced. I believe force was WRONG but I also don't know what a better alternative would have been considering the student didn't listen to ANY adult. Like I said, TOUGH situation

I AM NOT SAYING THE POLICE SHOULD HAVE SLAMMED THE GIRL

I am just saying that it is a tough situation to be in man. You have to be careful before you are blaming the adults because from what I read (yes I only know PART of the story), they followed protocol.

1. Teacher tried to redirect student on phone. She couldn't, she called ADMIN

2. Admin tried to redirect student, she couldn't, she called police.

3. Police tried to redirect student, he couldn't, so that is why he used forced. I believe force was WRONG but I also don't know what a better alternative would have been considering the student didn't listen to ANY adult. Like I said, TOUGH situation

if it gets to that point there's nothing wrong with using force

just not rock bottoming a 10 year old girl 

pick her up and carry her out like the child she is 

Why can't you just write her up a referral + detention hours and keep it moving? @ DC All American

Last edited:
The rationalizations being made in this thread smh. Adult on child Physical force has zero place in the school environment of no ones life is in danger. Point blank period. And to the people saying "letting her do that would set a bad example for the rest of the students" Why does it seem like yall are implying that the only options in this situation were to drag her out or continue to be disruptive? There are so many ways for the teacher/administrator to show the other kids that that behavior isn't acceptable and not being tolerated. Write her up, detention, or suspend her, both in school suspension and out of school suspension. Get the family involved. Use all of the above. Back when I went to high school we had something called the alternative learning program aka "ALPs". This is where the kids who wouldn't or couldn't conform to the normal learning structure would go when it was determined that there's nothing was being gained in the traditional settings. These kids would be on a schedule completely different from normal students. Their school day would start at like 2 and end after all the other kids had gone home. There are other solutions available than adults having to flex on an unruly kid to make a point to the other kids.

I can't even think of a desirable outcome that would result from using physical force on a student who has already shown no intent on listening to the adults in the room. If they won't leave, leave them be, while slapping in school suspensions, restricting priveleges, and other punishments in the mean time.

^ Show me anyone that said the outcome that happened SHOULD have been what happened.  I will wait. Just show me ONE person

And for your: suspend/detention/referral/call parents suggestions, why do you think ANY of those would work? If this girl isn't even listening to the damn assistant principal to leave the room why do you think she would care about ANY of those consequences?

Let me make something clear man. MANY OF THESE KIDS DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR SCHOOL'S CONSEQUENCES.

Not sure why yall think writing a child up puts fear in their hearts. They don't give a damn. They don't care. They will just NOT show up for detention. They will come to school when they are suspended.

Yall really over-simplify this discipline stuff when it comes to kids that have NOTHING to lose. (THat isn't the majority of kids at all), but for those that do, unless you kick them out of your school there isn't much you can do man.

Most don't have the support at home.

Most adults in the school don't want to deal with them because bridges have been burnt.

It is NOT as easy as you make it out to be.

BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I BELIEVE THE POLICE SHOULD HAVE DID WHAT HE DID.

Last edited:
There are so many ways for the teacher/administrator to show the other kids that that behavior isn't acceptable and not being tolerated. Write her up, detention, or suspend her, both in school suspension and out of school suspension. Get the family involved. Use all of the above. Back when I went to high school we had something called the alternative learning program aka "ALPs". 
1. You CLEARLY didn't read the story if you are suggesting that her family should be involved.

2. This isn't your day in age dude. THis isn't when you are in HS. It is a new day man. Like FORREAL

^ Show me anyone that said the outcome that happened SHOULD have been what happened.  I will wait. Just show me ONE person

And for your: suspend/detention/referral/call parents suggestions, why do you think ANY of those would work? If this girl isn't even listening to the damn assistant principal to leave the room why do you think she would care about ANY of those consequences?

Let me make something clear man. MANY OF THESE KIDS DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR SCHOOL'S CONSEQUENCES.

Not sure why yall think writing a child up puts fear in their hearts. They don't give a damn. They don't care. They will just NOT show up for detention. They will come to school when they are suspended.

Yall really over-simplify this discipline stuff when it comes to kids that have NOTHING to lose. (THat isn't the majority of kids at all), but for those that do, unless you kick them out of your school there isn't much you can do man.

Most don't have the support at home.
Most adults in the school don't want to deal with them because bridges have been burnt.

It is NOT as easy as you make it out to be.

1. You CLEARLY didn't read the story if you are suggesting that her family should be involved.

2. This isn't your day in age dude. THis isn't when you are in HS. It is a new day man. Like FORREAL

I wasn't saying people are saying slamming her was right. But there are definitely people implying that physically removing her in some capacity was the only solution because "what else were they supposed to do". I'm saying that putting your hands on an unruly child in any capacity was not going to end well. I then listed courses of action that both kept her out of the class room and showed other students that that type of behavior wasn't acceptable. It's not always about trying to fix a kid that doesn't want to be fixed. At some point a child who doesn't care is going to continue on that way. BUT like i said any physical force at all whether it was the slam that happened or a pulling of the arm, or pushing the girl, had an extremely low chance of ending in a desirable way especially if she clearly wasn't listening. Wait it out, continue class, and when she leaves the room and gets out of class KEEP HER OUT ASLONG AS SHES BEING DISRUPTIVE. And I did read about her foster family but I didn't read anything about how contacting them would have zero affect on the situation. Someone's responsible for getting her to school right? Calm it down and read objectively for a second.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom