kids aint safe these days man

If you don't see whats wrong with this situation or the fact that people like yourself who claim to be people of color are ok with a white man employing physical violence as a problem solving solution against a female child who posed no threat to anyone

I would have the exact same reaction if that were a black officer doing the same act to the girl....or a black officer doing that to a white female student., or a white officer doing that to a white female student. Now how's that sound to you champ.....do you like that better?? Like I said earlier...spare the rod spoil the child. If a child is first asked to leave by the teacher, then asked by a school administrator to do so and doesn't.....well then obviously that same student has made up their mind and won't go quietly unless they get some motivation to do so.

:x :smh:
Dudes in here justifying this behavior.

Its a teenage girl vs a grown man. How much of a threat can she pose? Regardless of her being disruptive or not, this isn't the right response.

FOH with "I know the inner city" BS too. :smh:

Last edited:
I swear to god some of y'all ****** is ******ed

Like everyone I know thinks the cop acted harshly and this is the only place where people going against the grain for a reaction

I swear to god some of y'all ****** is ******ed

Like everyone I know thinks the cop acted harshly and this is the only place where people going against the grain for a reaction

Trolls.

That and the guys who have to go against the norm to prove how "smart" they are

If yall was a cop and had to get a student out the room but they refused to get out their seat what would yall do? No matter what yall said they wouldnt get out their seats and you had to take them out of the room.

In NO way im a defending what this cop did btw. Im just curious on what the right steps would be cause i dont know

Get in touch with the parents....let her dad come and beat her *** but is not the officers duty to do so...that *** was excessive no matter which way you look at it....he could have easily broken her neck..

Which btw I just realized let a parent excercise this type of force on their own child in public and parent will likely be arrested and kid snatched away by Child Protective Services, but this cop gets away with a suspension with PAY....

GUAT?

If they aren't physically doing anything to me, nothing.

Eventually they're gonna get out of there.
Exactly. If they exhibiti behavior that can harm others or themselves, then I completely understand forcing them out of the class.

But my goodness, seeing that clip is ridiculous.

What did the student do to have to go through that?

Get in touch with the parents....let her dad come and beat her *** but is not the officers duty to do so...that *** was excessive no matter which way you look at it....he could have easily broken her neck..

From my upbringing, the cops are the last resort. If a teacher was the one who couldn't handle the situation, then they would call the rent a cop and if he couldn't handle it, then a cop would be called and they would be able to use excessive force in handling a situation. And I am not justifying the situation but if there is one thing you have to learn is to never disobey order from people that have power. Majority of the time what happens when the cops come into schools to handle things, the kids finally listens and does what is finally told.

Resident educator here.

First, don't get banned arguing with these closeted racists who hate Black and Browns and love cops ( wont say white cops but you make that assumption based on their replies).

Back to the topic.

First rule of teaching: never take it personal.

The issue with most teachers is their lack of rapport building with students.

Just like some of us bring 'home' to work, some kids are brining their 'home' to class.

A lot of misinformation in here as well...especially from cub blood.

Teachers CAN defend themselves and CAN restrain students.

I work sped, and I'm trained in Non Violent Crisis Intervention, but the same course is open to all teachers.

The gist: last resort, only if the student presents a danger to themselves, classmate, or staff; I.e, about to jump out a window, using a weapon, etc...

So you're telling me that a student who isn't disrupting class ( teachers ego got hurt and made it an issue), just sitting there warrants a choke hold, body slam to a mop the floor drag and toss?

The teacher is soft
The admin is soft
The cop is a ****

You ignore the negative behavior so you can work on reinforcing positive behavior as the replacement.

You do all this by finding the trigger.

You do this by being consistent.

A simple " see me after class" would have sufficed

@Edshoecator What if the kid just leaves and doesn't listen to you that way? Do you ultimately just have someone call the parents? What is the most constructive way to handle this where you are "reinforcing positive behavior as the replacement." I am actually asking just to ask cause I don't know.

My buddy is a substitute teacher. He told me a kid lit up a joint and smoked in class in front of him. He called security to get him out of there and he was taken to the office. The next day, the kid was back in class. The only reinforcement he got was he can't be touched and the kids in his class think he's the man.

Officer OD....lil girl was obviously being a badass and not respecting any administrators but the officer could've removed her w/o that level of violence. This a lil frail teenage girl...no need to flex up like she some 250 lb 10th grader 

I have no issue w/ an officer physically removing a student out of a classroom but this level of violence wasn't necessary. He could've gotten a hold of her up under her arms and dragged her out if she was going to be a jerk like that. 

Take away the WWE slamming and I wouldn't have no issue with what the officer did. Too many sorry *** parents raising sorry *** kids. If you're in trouble then leave the ******* classroom 

Last edited:
@Edshoecator What if the kid just leaves and doesn't listen to you that way? Do you ultimately just have someone call the parents? What is the most constructive way to handle this where you are "reinforcing positive behavior as the replacement." I am actually asking just to ask cause I don't know.

My buddy is a substitute teacher. He told me a kid lit up a joint and smoked in class in front of him. He called security to get him out of there and he was taken to the office. The next day, the kid was back in class. The only reinforcement he got was he can't be touched and the kids in his class think he's the man.
WTH...How is that kid not expelled from school?

Last edited:
Take the race out it and we still have an adult slamming and dragging a teen age girl....

Big supposed to protect little.

People say she should have complied. What if she did but didnt move fast enough for Robocop.....

So the kid had drugs and used them on campus, but was never suspended, expelled or arrested? Not saying you're lying, but it's pretty hard to believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Resident Educator".....meaning a rookie or newbie to teaching is that correct?

Talk to a group of teachers that have been teaching for years and you will get an array of different responses and suggestions....even those saying discipline as such is necessary.

She'll leave the next time she is told to. You lose control of the classroom and you never get it back; I saw that a lot in high school. You think they wanted to get the cop involved? The situation only escalated because she didn't comply with a simple request. How hard is it to put away the god damned phone? You can't condone her behavior because excessive force was used.
This line of thinking is absurd. Is this really your justification? Instilling fear in students sounds like a wonderful environment to learn in.

I understand there are situations where force may be needed. I understand children his age need to be taught discipline. But to justify that act of force by saying 'she'll know better next time' blows my mind.

WTH...How is that kid not expelled from school?
Son probably smashing the principal.

Yeah that's a failure on the administration's fault. Every school has a student code of conduct that should have a policy about drugs and paraphernalia. No way dude didn't get expelled or suspended at the minimum.

Back
Top Bottom