Killer Instinct Appreciation vol. "Ultra, Ultra, Ultra!"

lol i still have that CD that came with the game. is this available for download on any system yet??

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

the cartridge was black too
pimp.gif

that was dope

Originally Posted by Biggie62

What I remember most was that they were supposed to make a PS1 version of this but scrapped it because it was too violent.

A Killer Instinct game was never planned for the PS1. And it would've been impossible considering that Nintendo was Rare's parent company from1993-2003 [meaning their partnership with Nintendo outlived the life of the PS1].

And if you're thinking of a game that got scrapped because of too much violence, you were probably thinking of Thrill Kill.

Remember having this and the N64 version, one of my fave fighting games.
Galacius>>>

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

Originally Posted by Biggie62

What I remember most was that they were supposed to make a PS1 version of this but scrapped it because it was too violent.

A Killer Instinct game was never planned for the PS1. And it would've been impossible considering that Nintendo was Rare's parent company from 1993-2003 [meaning their partnership with Nintendo outlived the life of the PS1].

And if you're thinking of a game that got scrapped because of too much violence, you were probably thinking of Thrill Kill.
Ah maybe that was it. I remember it was very similar to KI.

228282-ki2_glacius_render2_large.jpg
(always changed the color to red though)

my knocking-people-into-the-train-in-that-one-stage skills were ruthless

It's good to see I'm not alone on this subject. This on Xbox 360=
pimp.gif
straight piffery

JCH3 wrote:
Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by vandalshark

she had a 80 hit combo on snes??

we used to play on a different level though, it was all about high low mix ups into 4 to 5 hit unbreakable combos with spinal, orchid and raptor.
http://www.youtube.com/v/bk1rfCH2E_I&hl=en&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/bk1rfCH2E_I&hl=en&fs=1&
laugh.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

So unnecessary, but still nice.

laugh.gif
�I would have been punched the hell out of dude if that happened to me

I play this all the time on MAME with a Sega Saturn USB joypad.
laugh.gif

The SNES version was great and I will never forget playing all those hours on my SNES, but the SNES version is overrated and the arcade is underrated. Arcade>>> SNES. The SNES version was a great 16 bit port. With the emphasis on 16 bit. They did as much as they could and they couldn't havemade a better port, but if you compare them straight up, the arcade beats it easily. Hell, a port that was 100% as good as the arcade couldn't have beendone on N64 either, it couldn't have been done until Dreamcast.

I've got some good news and some bad news for Xbox 360 owners. The good news: Here's an excerpt of an interview with one of the creators of KillerInstinct:

1UP: If [the original] Banjo is successful on Xbox Live Arcade, is there any chance that we might see some of your other classics come back?

MB: Sure! It's something that we've been looking at. It's all about building a platform where we can do that stuff without impacting the newer things here. It would be great if we could get Killer Instinct coin-op on there.

The bad news is that this interview is like a year old and nothing has been mentioned since.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

I've got some good news and some bad news for Xbox 360 owners. The good news: Here's an excerpt of an interview with one of the creators of Killer Instinct:

1UP: If [the original] Banjo is successful on Xbox Live Arcade, is there any chance that we might see some of your other classics come back?

MB: Sure! It's something that we've been looking at. It's all about building a platform where we can do that stuff without impacting the newer things here. It would be great if we could get Killer Instinct coin-op on there.

The bad news is that this interview is like a year old and nothing has been mentioned since.
frown.gif

frown.gif

I still got hope.

I'd murk any of yall with
jago.jpg

Did Killer Instinct 2 really only come out for arcade? cuz I got gold and I will by the arcade game if I have to

I remember my dad buying me this game(first and last game he ever bought me cuz of the price
laugh.gif
) I got addicted. Me and my cousin would play this non stop on breaks andvacations.

I remember discovering the glitches(Orchid kicking Spinal in his balls and his eyes popping out works with other characters but I dunno how to do it fluke,character's finishing moves like Glacius at the start of game freezing your entire body and you dying, Fulgore constantly transporting to the point youcan't stop it, etc.) my first ultra combo
pimp.gif
I think I had a mastercombo that was more than a ultra combo cuz I kept cheesing with aerial attacks.

I might dust SNES and this game off and play just for the hell of it.

Had this on N64. Was in awe when I first
seen an Ultra combo in the arcade, thought
dude was goin ham on homey, til I figured out
it was only like 2-3 button strokes
laugh.gif

Sabrewolf
pimp.gif

^That !!%%* was a beast
laugh.gif
The sound effects for when he'd just topple towards you was so hype.

Back
Top Bottom