Kobe advises '12 team would beat Dream Team

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

MJ stopping lebron now your being silly

Pippen stopping Lebron however....
do you consider pippen a better defender than jordan?
absolutely, and a much better matchup size wise.  Pippen is the most versatile defender the NBA has seen.
11 All Defensive 1st Teams

4 All Defensive 2nd teams

2 All Defensive 3rd teams

plus he was 6'8, 210.  He would be giving up some weight, but he was incredibly strong and athletic.  Pippen is also the only player to record 200 steals and 100 blocks in the same season

Originally Posted by mazzo1

Dudes showing they're age with these crazy post!
Irony
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Basketball is different better athletes emerge because the varying sizes ,heights,reaches etc along with skillsets

please elaborate..

please go through the '92 roster and the 2012 roster and give exact examples of what you are referring to

Man, just quit it already.  You're playing sports columnist too hard, like Chris Chase on yahoo.  I think it was obvious that what Kobe said was to get the attention of the media.  As I've already mentioned, the team in 2012 was built for an entirely diff't purpose, but that doesn't mean you should discount them at all.  Still, the Dream Team's front court is just too big for most team.  You could look at the greece, china and london teams and they would all be no match for the Dream Team.  Does that make more sense for you?

Instead of bashing our team USA, you should be supportive of them and what they do.  These guys don't fake injuries, and they remain committed to a program.  You can't say that w/ too many others. 
i'm not american.. just want to enjoy the olympics

but really, i just want a rational explanation for some of the things that get said.. i would hope if someone is going have an opinion, they have a decent reason for it.. or at least something to support it

sorry, i'm an attorney.. that's my job

IDK how much stock you guys put into these kinds of things but Accuscore simmed 1000 games and the Dream Team won 53% of them http://espn.go.com/blog/s...a-better-than-dream-team
I honestly dont think the conversation should be about which team could beat who cause they both could beat each other on any given day. The conversation should be about which team is better.

No disrespect but at what point do we realize that there isn't a hypothetical machine to settle these debates?

DCAllAmerican:
solarius49:
AG 47:
I guess ya'll forgot that same Dream Team lost to the college prep squad they practiced against too...they weren't invincible like some in here would like you to believe.

in a scrimmage.  the next game they played, the college squad didnt score a point.
laugh.gif
 @ Didn't score a point. Please stop exaggerating things to prove a point.
Exaggerating?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

No disrespect but at what point do we realize that there isn't a hypothetical machine to settle these debates?

The fact that this cannot be logically resolved is the initial cause for the debate, sir. 

actually you know what, if it was today's nba refs, 2012 would win for sure. imagine all the fouls called on the 92 squad
roll.gif
even stockton woulda been fouled out

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

DCAllAmerican:
solarius49:
in a scrimmage.  the next game they played, the college squad didnt score a point.
laugh.gif
Exaggerating?

Yes exaggerating. Nobody ever claimed that they didn't score a single point. 

DCAllAmerican:

DCAllAmerican:
laugh.gif
Exaggerating?

Yes, people have claimed that. Bird, Barkley & Webber (who was on that college team) have all mentioned it this year alone. It has been well chronicled throughout the years.

DCAllAmerican:
laugh.gif
Exaggerating?

I've heard it a bunch over the years and I could be wrong but I feel like I remember it being said in the ESPN Classic documentary about the dream team.

Go back and watch the documentary. They simply said, "I wasn't close at all." Something along those lines. I am pretty sure they didn't go scoreless. That doesn't even sound halfway believable. Come on Reds.
Really? Guess I have to watch it again. My bad if I misremembered

Go back and watch the documentary. They simply said, "I wasn't close at all." Something along those lines. I am pretty sure they didn't go scoreless. That doesn't even sound halfway believable. Come on Reds.

Like I said, it's been well discussed that they didn't score a point. You don't want to believe that? Cool.

I don't think anyone in their right/sane mind would believe it. The Dream Team wouldn't keep a top notch HS team scoreless, why on earth would you think they would keep a stacked college all stars team scoreless? Again, come on now.

Pippen stopping Lebron however....
absolutely, and a much better matchup size wise.  Pippen is the most versatile defender the NBA has seen.

plus he was 6'8, 210.  He would be giving up some weight, but he was incredibly strong and athletic.  Pippen is also the only player to record 200 steals and 100 blocks in the same season
Hakeem had 200+ Steals and Blocks in a single season.

DCAllAmerican:
I don't think anyone in their right/sane mind would believe it. The Dream Team wouldn't keep a top notch HS team scoreless, why on earth would you think they would keep a stacked college all stars team scoreless? Again, come on now.
"I find that hard to believe, so I don't think it happened."

-k-

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Hakeem had 200+ Steals and Blocks in a single season.
And Jordan did it twice.

"For him to make that comparison, it's one of those things where it creates conversation," Jordan said. "I guess we'll never know. I'd like to think that we had 11 Hall of Famers on that team, and whenever they get 11 Hall of Famers, you call and ask me who had the better Dream Team. Remember now, they learned from us. We didn't learn from them."

Sold

That's because the Dream Team learning from the '12 squad would require a time machine.

Just read that statement as a reminder of who the standard is, since that's what the statement is.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by prison mike

Kill yourself 10 times.

Reggie's up there in this category.

In the 1993-94 season when Jordan retired, a sophmore Latrell Sprewell made the all-NBA 1st team. A 28 year-old healty Reggier Miller who played all but 3 games that season didn't even make the all-NBA third team. People forget that at his very peak, Reggie Miller barely cracked a top 15 in the league list. He was an all-star 5 times in a 18 season career, a number too small considering the rep he has now. He made the all-NBA third team three times and that was it. Averaged around 3-3.5 rebounds and 3-3.5 assists. Everyone knows about the big shots he hit, and you'd be a moron not to want him on your team for the last shot. But over an entire game, he was overrated.

Reggie Miller was playing during the golden era of the nba. He dominated, several games, that mattered. Need I bring up 3 point stats?Only an all star 5 time?lol.....there are 15 players in the top 50 list that don't have that. Many appearances.

Back
Top Bottom