Kobe Air Jordan IX Retro PE

crazy or sad? People are lowlifes capitalizing on a mans death.
Both my brotha more sad then anything like it’s real die hard fans out there that’s not Fortunate enough to spend 500-1000 in all they want is something apart of Kobe legacy something that they can remember

It's a crazy situation, but it happens with anything else. An artist dies and his her paintings, music, or merchandise will tend to have a higher resale value due to the tragic news.

Funny this thread came up and these last couple of comments.
I'm a huge Bball fan and sneaker enthusiast. Therefore I have several sig lines collected throughout the years.
Just so happens I recently put up a pair of DS Kobe IV's up for sale a couple of weeks back, not much action other than some views.
Just so happens yesterday after the news my phone kept blowing up. Needless to say I saw the trending market value and could've relisted and cashed out even more, but decided to go against it.
I stayed firm at that price, but instead of asking for more money I asked all the prospective buyers to share the most inspiring Kobe moment and what theyre future plans for the shoes were.

Happy to say that even in these tragic times, someone managed to see a lil bit of light in the darkness and it just made they're day that much brighter to have a piece of Kobe memorabilia.

Pretty trash for opportunists to hike the price 5x what it was prior. Greed.. but karma has a way of making its rounds. Like previously mentioned, they’re not even obviously branded as Kobe joints.

I always meant to grab a pair of these, but it never lined up. Waited for discount, then other drops came up or other obligations. Oh well, Nike could Retro a bunch of various Kobe models/CWs. But, I guess by then the market will have evened out anyway.

Pretty trash for opportunists to hike the price 5x what it was prior. Greed.. but karma has a way of making its rounds. Like previously mentioned, they’re not even obviously branded as Kobe joints.

I always meant to grab a pair of these, but it never lined up. Waited for discount, then other drops came up or other obligations. Oh well, Nike could Retro a bunch of various Kobe models/CWs. But, I guess by then the market will have evened out anyway.
Thats the thing. The stuff that comes after isnt quite the same as the stuff he was around for. Itll all feel a little empty. Imposterish.

It all has me thinking about Jordan and how the shoes made after hes CEO wont have as much intrinsic value regardless of quality or mold. And as evidenced by some of the trash releases that still manage to sell out i think im way late in thinking it. Some of these collectors are sitting on a house and retirement in their closets

Thats the thing. The stuff that comes after isnt quite the same as the stuff he was around for. Itll all feel a little empty. Imposterish.

It all has me thinking about Jordan and how the shoes made after hes CEO wont have as much intrinsic value regardless of quality or mold. And as evidenced by some of the trash releases that still manage to sell out i think im way late in thinking it. Some of these collectors are sitting on a house and retirement in their closets

The thing with MJ is that his line itself will likely overtake himself and likely far outlive all of us. In saying so, long after he passes away (I’m dreading this day, if I’m alive to see it) people will likely still buy Js just like they buy Chuck Taylors or play Les Paul guitars, or any signature, iconic product/line for that matter. I think we forget that the products themselves (at least a good number of them) are really good and have stood the test of time with even younger kids who have 0 connection to MJ. I know Kobe’s line was popular but I don’t see it living on in this same way since it really hasn’t transcended popular culture the way Js have. Not that the products are bad or anything but they simply weren’t as iconic as Js. But, who knows, maybe they’ll be more appreciated/liked now-Kobe was one of the greatest players ever, after all.

The thing with MJ is that his line itself will likely overtake himself and likely far outlive all of us. In saying so, long after he passes away (I’m dreading this day, if I’m alive to see it) people will likely still buy Js just like they buy Chuck Taylors or play Les Paul guitars, or any signature, iconic product/line for that matter. I think we forget that the products themselves (at least a good number of them) are really good and have stood the test of time with even younger kids who have 0 connection to MJ. I know Kobe’s line was popular but I don’t see it living on in this same way since it really hasn’t transcended popular culture the way Js have. Not that the products are bad or anything but they simply weren’t as iconic as Js. But, who knows, maybe they’ll be more appreciated/liked now-Kobe was one of the greatest players ever, after all.

Well said. Youre right.

🐍💖🙏🏾✨
0887A97B-8012-4754-B019-E0556AF7D3AA.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom